It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CERN causes solar halo in India

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

I am just the messenger here, I did not write that story, nor do i believe in it. So please refrain from saying that I am just paranoid and stuff.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
could you help me out, i don't see any information as proof that it happened during the test other than that it happened on the same day...

also, why would the effects of the test only be seen in india, i'm sure it's possible somehow but i personally don't know how it could happen

any ideas?

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by indigothefish
could you help me out, i don't see any information as proof that it happened during the test other than that it happened on the same day...

also, why would the effects of the test only be seen in india, i'm sure it's possible somehow but i personally don't know how it could happen

any ideas?

As a few posters pointed out, (a) there have been no collisions just yet at the LHC, just a beam test (b) the energy imparted to the beam has been modest, same as the SPS had decades ago.

The supposed connection in the OP is 100% bogus and we can safely close the thread.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
The supposed connection in the OP is 100% bogus and we can safely close the thread.

In order to do that we need 100% verification that it was NOT CERN related. We've yet to provide proof as to what this halo is, though we have logical speculation. Suspicion, however, does not substantial 100% proof that something is bogus.

I agree there are many questions such as, "can we have meteorlogical proof what what this halo is"? "Can we show 0% impact to the environment as a result of firing up?" If this accelerator uses electromagnetics, then certainly there should be some effect, we just need to know how small. "Why in this particular location did it have the effect?". Finally, "how is the halo linked to the firing up of this mechanism?" The proof seems to be lacking that there is a link...but thus far on the thread proof is also lacking that there is no link.

P.S. The halo is beautiful.

[edit on 11-9-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
In order to do that we need 100% verification that it was NOT CERN related.

No we don't. If you read carefully, there was nothing new that transpired at CERN on that date. I'll reach for Occam's razor, thank you.

If somebody saw a halo in India, that might have to do something with me using a different brand of toilet paper on that date. Do we need to carefully analyze the halo to prove that's not true?

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
So it is Indian news outlets creating a scare out of CERN this time..

Ahem.. lets see now why CERN would be dangerous to India.. (developing conspiracy)

They educate an increasing number of mathematicians for every cycle I believe, at least their numbers are on the rise in India.
While India shares probably one of the largest growing community of the "number crunching" profession with the world, this country's participation in the CERN/LHC experiment seem disproportionate.

Who knows maybe CERNs new finds along time may introduce new ways of crunching numbers more efficiently and instead of 10 mathematicians working in research projects you will actually need 2 or 3 of them.

It is either that or India's participation with other countries in secret projects specializing in interferometry and atmosphere, in other words scalar weaponry, and from their experience they foresaw unsettling results about what could go haywire with the LHC and since it wouldn't be an easy task for them to explain exactly how they knew what they would claim they knew, they chose to just scare the uneducated masses.

Sounds cool for a conspiracy theory?

[edit on 11-9-2008 by spacebot]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   

If somebody saw a halo in India, that might have to do something with me using a different brand of toilet paper on that date. Do we need to carefully analyze the halo to prove that's not true?

Did you use a different brand of toilet paper on that date? Does using a different brand of toilet paper disrupt the earth's magnetic field? Does it cause more water vapor to collect into the atmosphere "down wind"? Does the changing brand cause a vibration in the earth's upper atmosphere that leads to the force necessary for crystallization? There are many things that can be said to great certainty, but haven't seen established here that there was a 0% environmental impact of CERN. Sure, we toss these questions out with the toilet paper, but why? There is no cost to thinking, but there's a heavy cost for not thinking.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Did you use a different brand of toilet paper on that date? Does using a different brand of toilet paper disrupt the earth's magnetic field?

If I follow your logic, I would have to admit that there is just such probability. In fact, such probaility is arguably bigger than the CERN/halo connection -- you see, 450GeV proton beams were being created at CERN decades ago without causing any halo in India or elsewhere. However, I switched to Charmin only yesterday! And it worked!

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Yes, please close this totally inaccurately titled thread. "CERN causes solar halo in India" is not at all what the article even says. It is the rarely seen solar halo that caused locals to start imagining things and spreading rumors for no good reason.

Deny ignorance...don't inflate it by making up new headlines.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   

In fact, such probaility is arguably bigger than the CERN/halo connection -- you see, 450GeV proton beams were being created at CERN decades ago without causing any halo in India or elsewhere.

Perhaps you can suggest some information or references. What impact does 450GeV have on electromagnatism? I suppose from this statement less were created yesterday? How many? Is there a dissipation of proton beams? Where do they go? What kind of shielding is provided to ensure there's no 'leakeage'. Is there a way to measure a possibility of released forces? What will be the GeV of this collision? These are things unmentioned on this thread. If one is to shout "bogus!", surely the reading public would like to know why. I believe the physicists/engineers involved had these answers...but we do not.

However, I switched to Charmin only yesterday! And it worked!

Glad to hear your butt was covered.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

The chemtrails in the Indian sky are clearly visible on that picture.I didn't know they sprayed there too!

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
I lived in Alaska and saw this all the time.

I feel bad for people freaking out over nothing

Taken by ME:

See? It really was good old HAARP after all.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
what a crazy crazy story LOLzz.

i woudl have thought anything like that would be attributed to their amounts of pollution,.

LHC seems to be the top patsy at the moment...

hey, maybe thats where osamas been hiding all along! who knows.... i blame the LHC!

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   

What impact does 450GeV have on electromagnatism?

Electromagnetism is a phenomenon. It cannot be impacted. It's like saying that McDonalds having a special on cheeseburgers has impact on gravity.

I did my thesis work on SPS. It's a complex machine and explaining every detail of its operation goes far beyond the scope of this thread. If you like speculation, feel free, but reading a good book on EM could be helpful as well.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Neaux

Quite right! As a delivery Captain, I have seen many explained and unexplained actions at sea . The halos are common ,mostly in inclement weather when there is cool temps. and high humidity . I have seen more around the moon. My favorite is St. Elmo's Fire, it happens on sailboats most commonly. A static charge is drawn ,and at times it will jump between they stays [wires] .I have seen colors ranging from light reddish through blues to almost greens . Another sight I love to observe is the crack of dawn ,at the instant the sun rises on the horizon a flash is seen for a split second. All these things can be easily explained ,yet I do understand where a past , or even present ignorant people would equate these with something other than the truth!

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Ungh... sure anything's possible, but hell... I've seen tons of halos like that in my life. Pretty soon people are going to be blaming CERN for causing cancer and erectile dysfunction!

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Electromagnetism is a phenomenon. It cannot be impacted. It's like saying that McDonalds having a special on cheeseburgers has impact on gravity.

Perhaps I used the wrong word then. There is no way to disrupt earth's magnetic field then?

I did my thesis work on SPS. It's a complex machine and explaining every detail of its operation goes far beyond the scope of this thread. If you like speculation, feel free, but reading a good book on EM could be helpful as well.

Being that you were the one to claim "bogus" and requested it closed, it would have been nice to have at least an explanation as to why. I'm also surprised that someone with such keen interest and knowledge in the field is uninterested in sharing...on a forum...where people discuss in great detail. I'm sure it's too complicated for my simple biochemist's mind, but would be nice to have it broken down as to why this accelerator would have no environmental impact. Any other volunteers?

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
The LHC hasn't even begun to collide anything nor has it reached full power and already the bs around the world has begun.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kruel
Ungh... sure anything's possible, but hell... I've seen tons of halos like that in my life. Pretty soon people are going to be blaming CERN for causing cancer and erectile dysfunction!

im also pretty sure the LHC is to blame for me splitting with my girl friend and having no job, and its teh LHC's fault my site dont get enough hits!

i coudl go on .... someone should make a "lets blame the LHC " post, just so everyone can get it out of they systems and we can concentrate on what really causes halo's round the sun !

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join