It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great NFL Conspiracy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
So, just why did Brett Favre un-retire from the NFL earlier this year? Well, the answer in simple; he wanted another super bowl ring. That's a good enough reason to come back to the game that you love. I can respect that. What I cannot respect, however, is the "helping hand" the Mr. Favre is getting from the league.

Favre wants another ring. Had he stayed with the Green Bay Packers, he would never get one. It's pretty much a fact. The Pack may be a decent football team, Super Bowl caliber they are not. It is my belief that Brett Favre started scheming ways to put that bling on his finger. He would retire and come back with another team. Coming back as a Minnesota Viking would probably be his best shot at glory. Think about it, He would have stayed in the division that he has known for his entire career, he would just be with a better team. Favre would retire, un-retire at the last minute and when (as he knew they would) the Packers refused to have him back, they would just release him and he would be free to become a Minnesota Viking. Alas, things did not go as Brett had planned. Poor country bumpkin that he is, he neglected to realize that the Packers would NEVER allow something like this to come to fruition.

This is where things become slightly more convoluded. The NFL was very excited at the prospect of have Favre back in the league and by the time that they stepped in, Favre's relations with Green Bay had broken down so badly that they would not take him back even at the league's request. A trade was the only option. But where to trade him to? Hmmm, who would want an over-the-hill, arrogant, interception at the most inopportune time prone Q.B.? Well, plenty of teams would, but Favre wants a ring and the NFL wants him to get it. Think of all the media coverage! Think of the television ratings! Well, as we all know, Mr. Favre ended up in New York City as a Jet. Different division, different conference, but not all that different of an offensive scheme and one that he should be able to learn fairly quickly. Anyway, long story short Brett Favre is now a Jet. Probably not the best team that he could have gone to, but that's where he ended up.

Now, remember, the NFL is so greatful for the return of number four that they will do just about anything to help him out. The NFL wants Brett Favre in the Superbowl. Bad! And that's why they had to deliberatley injure Tom Brady. Yup, you heard me right, I said that they deliberately had someone injure Tom Brady. You know that the Jets are no match for the Patriots. Getting Tom Brady out of the picture helps those odds immensly. It's simple really. Not only is it simple, the Pats had it coming as payback for their cheating ways. Two birds with one stone. You severly handicap the best team in the division that Favre is in and at the same time you send a message to all of the other teams out there about what happens to cheaters. The NFL gets to have a pretty decent shot at getting Favre back into the Super Bowl and they send a message to all of the teams about what happens to cheaters. The fans would never be the wiser. Well, until I single handedly uncovered their little plot and exposed it's bare bottom to the world.

You don't believe me? Let's just give it a few weeks and see where the Jets are in the standings. I'm not saying that the NFL deliberately injured Peyton Manning and Shawne Merriman as well. I am saying that the NFL has a vested interest in seeing a certain someone who wears number four back in the Super Bowl this year.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
HAHAHAH!!! HAHA! ha. hahaha...

Dude, the Packers were like 13-3 last year. Minnesotta sucks. Sorry to break it to you, but your idea fell flat a long ways back.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
You may be on to something! Gene Upshaw really didn't die because he's involved in this whole conspiracy as well.

When the Jets finish 1st in their Division it's not because of some conspiracy, it's because Chad Pennington is no longer their QB.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Before the season began the Vikings were at 9-1 odds to win the NFC championship. Not exactly a long shot. The addition of Favre to this team would have improved those odds. The Vikings were predicted to win the NFC North while the packers without Favre were predicted to come in third. Some people had the Bears winning the division and Brett DID consider going to Chicago as well as Minnesota.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by little green stud muffin
Before the season began the Vikings were at 9-1 odds to win the NFC championship. Not exactly a long shot. The addition of Favre to this team would have improved those odds. The Vikings were predicted to win the NFC North while the packers without Favre were predicted to come in third. Some people had the Bears winning the division and Brett DID consider going to Chicago as well as Minnesota.

Brett never considered the Bears. It was just the Vikings and Bucs until the Jets jumped in the mix. So I'm really not sure where you are going with this...

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Chargers will win the Super Bowl...

Oh... they will.

[edit on 10-9-2008 by '___'eed]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Ah, Chad Pennington...those saps down in Miami have to deal with him now.

On topic, I don't see where you're getting this idea from other than mere speculation. It's not a bad idea, but not very probable.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
The Chargers are not winning the Super Bowl! The Jets are, because theres a conspiracy to do soooo.

Losing Tom Brady is losing revenue and ratings. Everyone was looking forward to seeing what the Pats could do after their 16-0 season.

[edit on 10-9-2008 by TheHunted]

[edit on 10-9-2008 by TheHunted]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
There is a conspiracy in the NFL, and has been for a long time called payoffs.

Wonder why the PATRIOTS won in 2002, right after 9/11? And again in 2004, after the attack of Iraq. And again in 2005, when things were "seemingly" bad in Iraq. Then look what happened in 2008. It's all paid-off BS.

As far as Brett Favre, I don't know. Don't care to know to be honest. I think he ran out of morphine or painkillers and just wanted more.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
First of all, as a big L.A. Jets fan, I am so grateful for Brett's un-retirement, and equally ... no... I'm beyond thrilled that Chad Pieceofcrappington is in Miami.

It's like a dream.

But I too had a fantastic conspiracy theory about a month ago.

I had just received my new xBox 360 and had to run out to go get Madden 08.

As you know, Brett is on the cover of the game, as a Packer, and then left out of the regular lineup - either GB or Jets because his unretirement hadn't been announced yet.

It pissed me off, and I THOUGHT I'd either have to get Live (extra 50 bucks a year) or get some other update or whatever. Anyway, it turned out to be easy to update the game as it came, so my conspiracy theory flew away as quickly as it arrived.

GO JETS!

Also - I find it funny that I'm the senior poster here with my measly 4400 ATS points...

[edit on 11-9-2008 by chetinglendalevillage]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Well time will only tell on this one. What I can already tell you is this is not the big NFL conspiracy. The big NFL conspiracy ties into the total sports conspiracy which is every game being rigged to maximize gambling profits. In 2004, it was esitmated that $380 billion was gambled illegaly through a local bookie. If you extrapolate that with the legal books, you're looking at a trillion dollar a year business. Too much money for those in control to not have their hand on.

When the Tim Donaghy bit happened, there was a thread posted and please read my post in that thread for more on the subject.

BTW, the Brady injury was the most orchastrated injury I've ever seen in my life.

www.abovetopsecret.com...&mem=Universal+Light

Edit: The link didn't work right but it's the 17th post down

[edit on 11-9-2008 by Universal Light]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by little green stud muffin

I don't know what this thread is all about, but I've been dying to get this off my chest and I saw NFL in the title...

NO ONE goes 18-0 and then CHOKES! in the Superbowl. NO ONE. IT DOESN'T HAPPEN.

NOPE. HUSH! AGAIN, ... IT DOESN'T HAPPEN.

Say what you like, believe what you like, but the truth is THE NFL IS FIXED. COMPLETELY. GET OVER IT.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
This has to be the most ridiculous thread ive ever read on this site...First off im sorry, but Brett Favre is not "The NFL" why in the hell would the league give this man this much attention to ensure he gets another ring...Dont get me wrong I mean Brett Farve is a good QB, but their is soooo much more talent in the NFL then just Brett Farve...Secondly and this i think is the most ridiculous theory you have is the Tom Brady being delibertaley hurt...Are you serious...The NFL is a physically demanding sport EVERYONE gets hurt sooner or later its just the nature of the game man not some huge conspiracy...Now if your looking for a scripted i guess you could call it a "sport" go watch the WWE or some wrestling crap man...some people conjure up and think of the silliest conspiracy theories despite using there better judgement...come on man use your head

Skept!cal

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by verbal kint

Prove it...you seem pretty damn sure of yourself, and for someone that sure you must have some pretty good evidence showing otherwise so i would love to see it....for some reason i feel like ill be waiting awhile...haha some people

Skept!cal

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
HAHA I really don't care if it's fixed for the Jets to go to the superbowl. It would be great for me since i'm a die hard Jets fan.

Their definitley favored in the AFC East though, now that Brady is out.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by skept!cal

You are absolutely right if you're saying that I do not and cannot present any hard, smoking gun, 'look at this memo!' type evidence. All I see is too many darn coincidences; any 1 of which is laughable as evidence that it's fixed. But put em all on the table and you gotta say, "well... hmmm... ?"

Unfortunately, I have done no prep at all as far as even warming up my memory, much less doing a drop of research into hard facts, however I can hopefully convey the type of occurrences I'm talkin about and I would think that fans of individual teams can probably drum up specific instances when their team was involved in a "too convenient" coincidence in support of this theory... lets see...

the dolphins stopping a (maybe twice?) perfect season on the last (or near last) week of the season
Here's a neat one to think about - find me an economic disaster and far too often you find a championship team. Or at least some miracle success for their team to explode ticket, merchandise, and associated sales (this one also includes mlb and nba too).
Who's been dominating the NFL lately? a "no name" group of players called the PATRIOTS! are you kidding? in NFL perspective, it may as well be the Bucs. But then again with the name PATRIOTS in these times of war... darn Bush family. Subtle as an ox.
Wasn't there an all but played in Hollywood Manning showdown?
What about those poor Bills? Well, Dallas made A LOT more $$$ for folks than Pittsburgh did back in the day, so they figured this time, "Why shoot ourself in the foot? We'll just have 'em loose every time."
What was with the SF/DAL player swapping?

There are millions of examples I've noticed over the years. Help me out folks...

Now I don't take anything from the incredible levels of work, dedication, determination, and the ensuing feats.
However, I do say being a 'professional' is exactly that. it's no longer a game. it's a profession. it's business. Being a 'pro player' means you (and every player) are SOOOO good, so skilled, that the audience can't tell when the fix is on because the manipulation is executed with such precision. It's not like boxing where the fix is always executed by the loser of the situation. In the NFL the offense will execute miracles on command too (with certain touches of cooperation from the D) - but just cause they're THAT good.

Don't get me wrong not EVERY player is involved. Just key individuals - salaries can be a pointer. I mean how are you gonna get guys to consistently keep a secret this big? I'd shut my pie hole for less, that's for sure... and of course, you could always threaten their families if necessary...

Chime in football conspiracy theorists. I know you're out there. Sometimes you KNOW it's b.s.!

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   

1. Psssssst! Would you happen to have any inside contacts with the NCAA as well? My nephew is the backup QB for an ACC team. I'm trying to work the injury angle without coming off as crass and unfeeling. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Farve can't throw hail mary passes for the rest of the year. We shall see how the Jets really fare.

3. For all you Pennington haters, that particular Chad is just a short term investment. I wouldn't be surprised to see the other Chad (Henne) starting well before the end of the season. GO BLUE!!!

Ahem.....

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I think you may be on to something there, we will have to see how the jets do...
GO STEELERS

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I don't think you read my post or the link. There are good points in there. The only proof that would satisfy you is the head of the conspiracy admitting to the truth on video and signing a document to everything that has ever happened. Since that's not going to occur, there's nothing anyone could say to "prove" it to you.

You know what the proof is? Close your eyes and your ears and see with your heart. You'll find it then...unless you're purposely not trying to see it.

"What the ears hear and the eyes see, the mind believes."

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Oh, wait! I almost forgot that I have watched Brett lose big games and throw big interceptions since I was, like, twelve years old. Sorry Jets fan, the joke's on you. Enjoy him while he lasts because you won't get to see around for very long.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join