It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inglewood Officers Fired 47 Shots at Homeless Man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Inglewood Officers Fired 47 Shots at Homeless Man

www.ktla.com

Inglewood police say eight officers involved in the death of a homeless man were not involved in the department's three previous fatal shootings that date back to May.
The department released the officers' names on Friday, one day after the City Council announced the officers had been suspended pending further training.
Police say the officers fired as many as 47 times on Sunday when Eddie Felix Franco appeared to reach for a gun in his waistband.
The gun turned out to be fake.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9/10/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Sounds like they jumped the gun here a little!

It was a dumb move on the part of the homeless man and I can understand why shots were fired.

BUT 47 SHOTS FIRED! So that would mean that each of the EIGHT Officers involved shot at this guy with a fake gun around (almost) 6 TIMES!

That's a little,.... I mean completely ridiculous, and inexcusable!

I mean, it's not like they were in a gun battle with this guy or anything, it was a FAKE gun!

They must have been really lousy shots!

Some of the bullets injured a pit bull and grazed the head of a passing motorist.

To serve and protect!

Well, it seems they've been having a hard time with their officers itchy trigger fingers in this town lately.

Inglewood officers have killed four civilians in the last four months, prompting a congresswoman and several advocates to call for an investigation into the department.

But hey, at least they are getting some much needed training now! When I said they, I meant the whole department!

Police say they are "responding aggressively" to the City Council's order to review training within the department.
The council also suggested that police consider recruiting from other law enforcement agencies until improvements are made.
The council also ordered a review of the entire department to decide whether all officers need similar direction.
The council says Police Chief Jacqueline Seabrooks should consider bringing in personnel from outside agencies in the meantime.

At least it's good to see that they are taking drastic steps to fix this apparent "itchy trigger finger" that their officers have apparently had lately

www.ktla.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9/10/2008 by Keyhole]

new topics

join