It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Keith Olbermann 9/10/08

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
wow...this is an excellent comment

to the mod request..i would say more,but i'm not an expert with words

but what he says is true imo

i used to be a pro government, go around the world and kick butt kind of guy...then i woke up and realised that is not what Humanity is all about.

we need NESARA/Contact/World Peace/Harmony/etc.

Keith Olbermann - Special Comment 9/10/08
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 10-9-2008 by Skipper1975]

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread Page):
AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites; please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

[edit on 10/9/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Special comment?

That's one way to put it

Flagged

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Skipper1975

This undoubtedly will be flammed. With Keith Olberman, you either love him or hate him. I think he makes some good points, but those points will be lost and washed away by attacks against Olberman. Make no mistake about it, he is the left side of the main stream media. But does he make any point thats factually wrong? No, not in my opinion.

Good video, but a controversial topic that will cause the passions of everyone here on ATS to be ignited.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Oh yeah this was the guy that was rebuked by being fired from his election coverage anchor position. That was one messed up angry guy. I was expecting two bruisers with white suits to sneak up behind him at any moment, straight jacket at hand.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Why would Olberman say something so idiotic as Guliani talking about 9/11 with "childish, squealing, braying, Tourettes like repetiition..."? (1:55)

Why is it that somebody from the party that claims sensitivity and inclusiveness sees no problem with using a reference to a physical handicap to smear their political opponents? It's like he thinks he's still on the playground, and gets off on calling somebody a "retard".

[edit on 10-9-2008 by jamie83]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
God rest this useless, moronic, lieing SOB and I hope to never hear him on any media in the future. He is someone I listened to in the beginning and learned to dispise after a very short period of time. He was an idiot when he was on ESPN as a commentator, and he continues to be an idiot in the political arena. May he rest in peace in the never land of his own mind!!
Zindo

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

Olberman is not a "they." When he speaks, you cannot ask why the whole party is like that. I cannot explain another person's actions or words, so I can hardly explain what it is you want to know about what his motivations are but from now on when you are rebutting ONE persone, how about you refer the that person in the singular instead of claiming that he somehow is the left's official spokes-person. I did not elect him, ask him, hire him. Pick your battles with whom they are with. And yes, using the word Turret isso cruel. Thank god we can go to the right and get Rush and Hannity to talk about how ugly, handicapped, and black people are with all the exctitement of a little demon in training to lash out and hate the entire world outside of their money room. I guess I cannot believe that after watching that all you can say is that his choice of one word is bad and that is why "they" this and "they" that. Just let me know when Olberman becomes multiple people.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

The point is fair jaime. Gulliani uses 9/11 so much its repetitive. So much so, that it starts to become insulting to some people.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
God rest this useless, moronic, lieing SOB and I hope to never hear him on any media in the future. He is someone I listened to in the beginning and learned to dispise after a very short period of time. He was an idiot when he was on ESPN as a commentator, and he continues to be an idiot in the political arena. May he rest in peace in the never land of his own mind!!
Zindo

Can you please show us where and why he is an idiot. I am not challenging you but those are pretty strong words with nothing to base it on. What has he been lying and wrong about to make anyone hate him so much. Honestly, I do not know much about him except that when he speaks, he speaks about the american people and how they get screwed whildt fox just makes up stories to whine about how over taxed the rich are and how gaaaaaaaaaaay california is. Keith seems to be a pretty loud guy that wont just do whatever the big hat wants. But if there is legitimate reason to hate and doubt the man, I am definitely curious.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
i think some of these media people know that 9/11 was an inside job,but are not allowed to say that on tv.yet....this seems about as far as they can go for now...

when we have truth and only truth in media...that will be nice

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
reply to post by jamie83

The point is fair jaime. Gulliani uses 9/11 so much its repetitive. So much so, that it starts to become insulting to some people.

I'm not talking about the point being fair or not. I'm talking about Olberman describing the repetition as "Tourettes like."

Do you know anybody with Tourettes? Is it really necessary to make a point by degrading and insulting people with a neurological disorder?

In my opinion, this is a reflection on Olberman more than it is on anybody he's running his mouth about. Ironic that he is so quick to criticize others while exemplifying reprehensible behavior.

Let me put it another way. If Sean Hannity would say something like, "Obama can barely get through a sentence without stammering um... uh.... um.... like a retard" would you find that offensive?

[edit on 10-9-2008 by jamie83]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

This undoubtedly will be flammed. With Keith Olberman, you either love him or hate him. I think he makes some good points, but those points will be lost and washed away by attacks against Olberman. Make no mistake about it, he is the left side of the main stream media. But does he make any point thats factually wrong? No, not in my opinion.

Well, the left and liberal Huffington Post just published an article "Nobody can believe how much Keith Olbermann is getting away with".

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Meanwhile, in the past few hours we've spoke to a number of 30 Rock staffers in Denver, New York, and Washington -- some of whom thought it more productive to speak to us than attend to the on-going live DNC coverage -- and the common wisdom is: 1) Nobody can believe how much Keith Olbermann is getting away with, even if he does draw ratings; 2) As an Olbermann protege, Rachel Maddow is attracting negative feelings from staffers, since she stays mum on many of these catfights, but "there's still time" to represent; 3) MSNBC head Phil Griffin is alienating staffers by publicly defending Olbermann while privately bashing him, and it's left many wondering when that will leak (oops); 4) MSNBC publicist Jeremy Gaines appears increasing stressed out and can be seen "shaking" with a phone attached to his ear dealing with reporters; 5) You don't want to run into Chris Matthews anytime soon, especially en route to the bathroom, because he has zero pleasant things to say right now; 6) Joe Scarborough is definitely stressed, but he's managed to calm down a bit today and can be seen laughing and gabbing; 7) None of this is helping ratings, with MSNBC scoring
the lowest numbers against Fox News and CNN in convention coverage.

Olbermann has really helped many independents decide to vote Republican, in my opinion. His anger goes over the top, and his name calling of the elected President, Vice President, and most other Republicans has really galvanized opposition to Liberals. I wouldn't be so enthralled with him. He's going to take a lot of people down with him.
He talks, in the video, about how everyone was together after 9/11. but all he has tried to do, is divide people. If he is what the liberals look for, in the MSM, then conservatives are in good shape. He is quite a disgusting individual.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Azrael75,
I don't have to explain my dislike for this man, but i will. I know him first hand. He used to live very close by when he was at ESPN. I have family members that worked with him. I have met this idiot. He has a tendancy to alienate anyone he works with. He cares nothing for truth. He says whats politically expediant for his own gratification and his own agrandisement. In this case, it backfired on him at MSNBC finally and the PTB there saw it for what it is! Period. Any other questions???LOL

Zindo

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Olberman always cracks me up. I cant help it, ignorant arrogance is so amusing.

[edit on 9/10/2008 by Shazam The Unbowed]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
What a truly sad and angry man. I feel bad for anyone who has that much hatred for a particular party - any party for that matter. This is truly sad that a little man like this can be so consumed with hatred. I am conservative but I don't live my every day life degrading and hating liberals. I pray he finds peace some day.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azrael75

how about you refer the that person in the singular instead of claiming that he somehow is the left's official spokes-person.

Corrected. Thanks for pointing that out. You're 100% correct.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
Azrael75,
I don't have to explain my dislike for this man, but i will. I know him first hand. He used to live very close by when he was at ESPN. I have family members that worked with him. I have met this idiot. He has a tendancy to alienate anyone he works with. He cares nothing for truth. He says whats politically expediant for his own gratification and his own agrandisement. In this case, it backfired on him at MSNBC finally and the PTB there saw it for what it is! Period. Any other questions???LOL

Zindo

I was not asking you to explain yourself or your opinion of him to me. I was asking why anyone might have such a strong opinion and why someone would blame the entire party for anything that he said. Two different questions. Do you believe his the official spokesperson for the democrats or perhaps you should blame him for what he said instead of insulting an entire party for what he said.
The other part was, if he is worthy of such hatred, can ANYONE please show why? If you want to say that he is a liar and crazy because you were neighbors and you watched him on ESPN, so be it. That is your right.

Now if ANYONE can explain what makes him so dishonest and evil, I would love to see any legitimate reason for that. If you do not like him, dont like him. If the only reason is because he was a neighbore and he is just angry, well great. Nice argument, now I will boycott his show. I am writing MSNBC now to explain how he need to be pulled from the air, I was hoping someone would give me something real to go with but I am just putting that he was your neighbor and you think he sucked at ESPN. I hope they get on this fast.

You cannot ask why a group of people, that includes myself would be one way and then let him speak like this way. He is not in my charge, nor any other Democrats around so apparently you missed my point there but that was not so much to you. If you want to call someone a liar, or say that they are crazy, evil, should be off the air, you know, all the generic crap that I have seen so far on this page, explain why you feel that way. Or not, it is your point you are standing on. Feel free to have it resting on "he lived near me." Makes total sense now.

[edit on 10-9-2008 by Azrael75]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Jamie,
Oberdork sure does talk like he 'THINKS' he is the 'one true' spokesman of the left. So, I think you might be corect in the first place!!!!LOL

Zindo

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

So if I calim to speak for the right, then I must huh? Oh he did not even claim that, he never said it. Democrat never said it. Do Rush and Hannity speak for all of the right? Perhaps that is the problem, you all need someone to speak in one voice for you. Democrats are not so simple and single minded.

p.s. from now on, I speak for all righties.

As long as you can decide that anyone speaks for all of anyone else for no reason, I guess I can snatch that crown myself.

[edit on 10-9-2008 by Azrael75]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Can you please show us where and why he is an idiot. I am not challenging you but those are pretty strong words with nothing to base it on. What has he been lying and wrong about to make anyone hate him so much. Honestly, I do not know much about him except that when he speaks, he speaks about the american people and how they get screwed whildt fox just makes up stories to whine about how over taxed the rich are and how gaaaaaaaaaaay california is. Keith seems to be a pretty loud guy that wont just do whatever the big hat wants. But if there is legitimate reason to hate and doubt the man, I am definitely curious.

It sure does look like you asked me to explain my stance on this mans veracity! By the way, the top 5% of earners in this country pay 80% of the taxes we spend. Thats NOT a lie, thats IRS stats. Oberdork seems to ignore this and Fox and others have the stats correct on that. 50% pay no taxes other than confiscated by the IRS in wage tax, which they get back at the end of the year!

Zindo

[edit on 9/10/2008 by ZindoDoone]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join