It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On 7th Anniversary of Attacks, Whitehouse Claims Bin Laden was Not the 'Mastermind' of Sept. 11!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
We already knew this a few yrs ago..

Dont they have the mastermind in cuba or something torturing the hell out of him??

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Whats this? Someone saying bin laden wasn't the mastermind of 9/11 and they didn't taze her or anything.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

IMO, we haven't failed at finding Bin Laden at all because there hasn't ever been a full-scale effort to find him in the first place. If we can find Saddam in a friggin hole somewhere in Baghdad we should be able to find the most wanted man in the world.. It's not exactly like the guy can get through airport security..

The guy has been on the run for years and the only way he's survived is by roughing it in the mountains/caves he's lived in over the last few years. I mean, If people are really so upset at Bin Laden for masterminding the 9/11 attacks then why in the world hasn't anyone found him yet? With the collective technology used in the war on terror, you'd think he would've turned up by now... But he hasn't. And the only logical explanation I can see is that the effort required to find him doesn't exist (at least not to the point where it could ever give us the man responsible for the 9/11 attacks).

The bigger question is why that effort to find him doesn't exist. And that is a very interesting question because of what it implies about 9/11 itself. There are many theories.. But if there was really nothing the government had to hide about 9/11 then why was every single piece of those aircaft confiscated by our intelligence organisations? We still haven't seen ONE single piece of an aircraft that can be referenced back to the aircraft it belonged to through either some kind of identification markings or any other means. And if there is really nothing to hide, then why haven't any of these aircraft remains been declassified and/or made public? I'm not saying that 9/11 was a conspiracy. But no logical person can look at the supporting evidence of a conspiracy and not question the official story we've been spoon fed for 7 years. And simply assuming that the "official" story is true makes about as much as sense as believing unicorns really exist because the government said so.

IMO, If you don't question authority then you don't question anything. Politics is just as well a matter of controlling people's thoughts as it is the real issues. But that isn't something you'd hear a politician tell you either (for good reason).

-ChriS

[edit on 11-9-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Wow. We have every reason to rebel and yet we do not. The US must like shallow trite lies and incompetent manipulations. Not me personally. I despise it. I tried looking for militas to join but I could not find any in my area. I made some phone calls and got told to start my own milita. I tried that but noone showed. I tried being an army of one with a spray paint can against army recruiting stations... I saw little effect after 4 years. SO I stoped. I got tired of going against the world alone.

Don't get me wrong. I resent the deaths of 3000 people for nothing more than oil. Its just after years of seeing alot of talk and little action I have come to the conclusion that the third sentence of the first paragraph is true and that I was the abnormal one.

STILL GREAT FIND DD!!!... FLagstar

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Semantics, folks. She clearly identified bin Laden's role in the briefing and it had not changed from the role they've pegged on him since day one. Bin Laden was the one who setup the plan required to carry out the plot and gave the ultimate orders, KSM was the one who actually masterminded the plot itself. You're arguing over nothing more than a semantical difference between Dana Pierino & Tony Snow. FOX News (and virtually every other news organization) used the term "mastermind" to describe bin Laden because it is a far quicker, more provocative title than "Al Qaida leader who gave the final orders to carry out mastermind KSM's plot." Tony Snow was FOX's #1 man so obviously he brought alot of the same semantics to the position at the White House that he had used on a daily basis on air at FOX.

It's the same thing if Keith Olbermann ever takes a position as press secretary for the Democrats and refers to Karl Rove as "Turd Blossom" while the next guy in simply calls him Karl Rove. My God, if this isn't running very close to the "it depends on what the definition of is, is" nonsense.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
To me this seems like a logical move on the Bush admin's part, especially considering the fact that Jessie Ventura was just on national tv asking why OBL had not been indicted or charged for anything related to 9/11.

Awful convenient, after billions of dollars wasted and hundreds of thousands of lives destroyed as a result of an act that this man supposedly did. Bin Laden has been the boogie man for Bush and Cheney to tamper with our constitution and to take away citizens rights. He has been the poster boy and the reason for this whole hellish five year war that has bankrupt our country.

Now they say he didnt do it?

The problem is they tell so many lies that they are beginning to have difficulty maintaining all of them.

Also, it would be very difficult to find, apprehend and prosecute a man who (I believe) has been dead since 2002.

AND!! if OBL didnt have anything to do with masterminding 9/11 is it safe to say that he can now come out in public without fear of arrest? I mean, if he didnt do it he didnt do it, right?

Maybe we can get him a gig on Dancing With the Stars. Sorry Osama, I guess we had you all wrong.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Nope, the war on 'terror' will never end because the beautiful thing about it (to the MIC that is) is that you can virtually label any person or group as a terrorist or any act or mishap as a terrorist act. This means that essentially this war will NEVER end. A well set fire here or a well placed bomb there and a few hundred or thousands of American deaths and once again you have the backing the people to keep spending billions going after a shadow enemy.

It's a joke. But in defense of Bush on this matter, well, he said a couple years back now, roughly a year after saying the opposite, that OBL is NOT the priority. That's because they got what they wanted from 911 and now were focusing on establishing a foothold in Iraq.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
We already knew this a few yrs ago..

Dont they have the mastermind in cuba or something torturing the hell out of him??

Yes, that is how they got his 'confession'. They TORTURED him. I can promise you all that if you were tortured that eventually you would admit to masterminding 911, planning the assassination of the pope and president of every nation in one day. This is why torture must NEVER be used. Because the information gleened from it can be misleading since the person will eventually reach the point where they will tell the people torturing them whatever he/she thinks they want to hear.

It doesn't matter how bad as* you 'THINK' you are. You will be singing like a jaybird. I promise.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

Okay, can someone please answer me this. How do they know all of these details about how these 'supposed' hijackers met with all of these Al Qaieda operatives? And eventually bin Laden? How do they know the story of how they met the guy in Germany that even the authorities didn't know was operating in Germany? Our intel? But I thought we didn't have intel on this? And if our intel on this was so good then why weren't they stopped? Then why wasn't OBL captured during this meeting that we obviously knew took place?

I read most of that pathetic excuse for a report but these kind of points obviously slipped past me during my mind numbing reading experience. It sounds like a fabricated story to me.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
On the Ted Gunderson website you can see a document that talks about Bin Liner being a CIA asset.Is it real ?Who knows really.But if you believe 911 was an inside job it makes sense ,false flag and all that.Don't forget the book 'House of Bush ,house of Saud 'that links the families together.Also,the fact that military jets were training that day and were stood down as were the emergency services in London on 7/7 -you begin to see an M.O,which raises suspicions.Strange how Bin Liner becomes an issue highlighted due to your coming US elections.Maybe they were just putting the idea out there to gauge reaction.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
I had a talk with 2 of my church friends today (who I love but hey lol) .....
I asked them who did 911 ...They both said SADDAM >.
I said what gives you that idea ..They said FOX NEWS >..
I said what did Bin Laden do then ?
Well he was the leader of Afghanistan...and he was just a bad guy ..

These people are as old I am 48 ..they watch FOX news twice a day ..

....I said so if it isnt on FOX news then it isnt the truth? they said that nothing on the Internet is true ..and then proceeded to tell me that I am a conspiricy fruitcake lol ..and that If I didnt see it on FOX NEWS then it just isnt true ...PERIOD ..

I couldnt believe it ...

They dont do drugs ..they dont drink ..yet they are ZOMBIFIED by FOX news and (BUSH OF COURSE) .....and now that Alaskan Gov.(They do not like McCain ) but they want that Lady from Alaska for sure ...

Is there something in the chemtrails that makes people so easily duped ?

Everything you are saying above is exactly the same with many of my family and friends here in NW Ohio. I remember when I went with DirecTV. (Don't judge me..hehe) My nephew (almost my own age) got his family DirecTV but went with the standard package. Once it was installed he nearly flipped out. Why? Because the standard 150 channel package doesn't have FOX NEWS! I then proceeded to have virtually the identical conversation that you did with your friends! I then talked to my sister-in-law (his mother) and found that they feel the same exact way. That ALL other news stations are extreme left/liberal based and are full of lies.

No matter how often I try to explain that the bulk of ALL news media are filled with bias and lies (or twistings of the truth at least) they still believe that FOX News tells it like it is. I can only shake my head. Yes, half of them think Saddam had something to do with 911 because of all of the lead up to the invasion of Iraq and the crap FOX News was pumping out there. They at least believed that OBL was the mastermind of 911 and they don't believe that the government has not charged him officially. They think I am full of it when I say that even the FBI don't have 911 on his list of crimes that he is wanted for. They refuse to go to the site because 'who is to say it is the real site?'

You see, they are seriously brainwashed by FOX News to the point where they won't even do any research of their own. If it isn't said on FOX News then it isn't true. However, if it is said there then God is behind it and it is ALL TRUE. Even after they completely conflict with what they said a month earlier. And they don't get it.

Sad.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Perhaps they used that term because he did mastermind it.

Definition of Mastermind:
Source

a person who originates or is primarily responsible for the execution of a particular idea, project, or the like

OBL did not have to micromanage every detail to be the mastermind. He planned it, and he recruited the people. He also happens to be head of the organization that carried out the attacks.

I believe that in and of itself is enough to indict him as the mastermind.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
its not news that he wasnt the orcestrata of 9/11 historically he was is and all ways will be a money man who likes to pay locals to help him make videos so he can curse the usa

whats supprising is the US goverment are saying it

in afghanistan he was only ever a money man they brough him in to fund the operation and made him low level leadership and there he stayed under Ayman al-Zawahiri's leadership

after the russians left he did what he did best followed orders and funded stuff

he helped pay for the training camps in afghanistan, the camps trained muslims how to fight if thier goverment turned against them and started attempting to destroy islamist groups as it had done in egypt

80% of the fighters trained were chechen which is how they managed to train thier people well enough to fight several wars against russia and for short periods of time bring chechnia under self rule (thats why chechens didnt start barricading themselves in schools and theaters with explosives until after afghanistan was invaded despite the fact they had been at war sine the break up of russia in the 90's)

bin laden could recruit in the camps but most people were training to fight for thier home land, even the camp leaders thought he was a limp dick and avoided him if possible

people came to him and requested money for their attacks against the infidels, if he liked the plan they got the cash

embassy bombings happened the fbi want to indite him and the only way possible is to prove he is head of an illegal organisation in the same way they go after mob bosses, if your head of the organisation and anyone in it breaks the law your responsible

they build a case with shaky evidence, thier star witness a man who took bin ladens money to attack america who then went on the run with his 3 mil who handed himself over provided the us goverment gave him more money and an new identity

one flawed trial later bin laden heads al-queda the none existent greatest threat to the usa ever

even though he pops up in his little video blogs bin laden never mentions al-queda until 9/11, why becasue suddenly he can be in charge of a well known highly threatening super terrorist group just by saying i am al-queda

even the videos where he runs around with his large group of hooded gun men firing in the air were faked, several of them gave away thier location's and were tracked, after speaking to locals showing them photo's and the filming it turns out the hooded gunmen are locals who were paid to come out for the day cover thier faces and be filmed, they had to bring thier own guns though or they wouldnt get paid

now of course we do have an al-queda, after 9/11 disgruntled muslims had a name to chase, trying to find it to join or learn more about it they met others like them started thier own cells as they couldnt find local cells for the none existant terrorist group

from these self made cells a terroist network has been born its not very old its not super impressive its finding its feet but learning fast ... thank you FBI and your crappy evidence -_-

theres an old documentary 'The Power of Nightmares:
The Rise of the Politics of Fear' it was a 3 parter that covered islamism and neo-con ideas and how they have evolved together from birth to 2004

ill go see if i can find some online links and ill edit them in if i can find them

www.moviesfoundonline.com... links to part 2/3 are linked underneath

1+2 are back ground from the 40/50's untill the 90's
3 is pure al-queda and the creation of

[edit on 11-9-2008 by noobfun]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
It must be nice to have such a porous reality so that they can rewrite history whenever the facts become uncomfortable.

[edit on 11-9-2008 by grover]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Why on earth do they keep changing their stories, bin laden was the icon for years, even tho we all know it was a government orchestrated assault on homeland by the secret agencys, helping to fuel their own political agenda, but the say it wasn't bin laden now after the whole world was on the same page..

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
KSM fits a nice mold though. It means precisely that the USA is up on this ideological war on terror. They got a main guy, they are doing things and have this person to show for it. He stands as the progress. On the other hand, OBL serves as the counter to this line of thought. If you say, well we got the true mastermind behind the 9/11 stuff - then the public cheers and it slowly evaporates. However, keep OBL in place and you continue to have a motivating factor to perpetuate the war.

Its actually a pretty astounding line of thought and process of controlling the public and its opinion. Karl Marx was not too far off in these respects.

Now the trick will be to tie OBL to Russia somehow, which would be a hell of a trick given their history. But this line of thought is perfect breeding ground to dovetail the war on terror into the next cold war.

my only real question is: what happened to the war on drugs? did we win and i didn't get the emails? stupid spam filters...

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Going through the last posts makes depressing reading! Nobody trusted the government when they announced that binLaden was the financer and mastermind of 9/11 and now they, the government, have back tracked and announced he wasn't guess what- nobody believes them!
We've become so suspicious of those in charge now that we may as well bury our heads in the sand and just hope it all goes away!
"Ignorance is bliss. . . "

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

Irony, makes that 03 tape look a lot more suspicious don't it?

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unnoan

Its actually a pretty astounding line of thought and process of controlling the public and its opinion. Karl Marx was not too far off in these respects.

Now the trick will be to tie OBL to Russia somehow, which would be a hell of a trick given their history. But this line of thought is perfect breeding ground to dovetail the war on terror into the next cold war.

you dont need to link the terrorists to russia, just link them to someone who shelters and supports terrorism

al-queda trained in - afghanistan terrorist camps which were supported by - Iraq who's foreign islamist insurgents(read as iraqi's that dont like american army in iraq) are bieng trained in the use and creation of and armed with IED's and small arms from - IRAN who is evil and support terrorism and has nuclear ambitions who is backed by - russia militarily

why you think israel are banging the drums about iminent joint attacks to get the back of Iran and russia up

georgia is just another chance to rub russia the wrong way

along with yet more, stop making nuclear stuff or we wont be happy american postuering

russia doesnt have to support terrorism its guilt by association. iran is evil and must die but russia will protect and support iran as it historically has making them evil by assossiation

cue a new cold war to keep military complex happy and a new threat (even if its the one we had 20 years ago just come back again) means a whole new set of precausionary meassures to protect the people

[edit on 11-9-2008 by noobfun]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I don't think they've ever claimed OBL was the "mastermind" behind the 9/11 attacks. He was the leader of Al Qaeda, though, so they hold him responsible. I don't think they've said he's the one that actually came up with the plan.

From June, 2002:

Bin Laden aide alleged mastermind behind 9/11 attacks

WASHINGTON -- Investigators believe they have identified a Kuwaiti lieutenant of Osama bin Laden as the likely mastermind of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, a senior U.S. counterterrorism official said yesterday.

Khalid Shaikh Mohammed, designated one of the FBI's most-wanted terrorists, is at large in Afghanistan or nearby, the law enforcement official said. "There's lots of links that tie him to 9/11," the official told The Associated Press, speaking on condition of anonymity. "He's the most significant operational player out there right now."

From March, 2003:

Suspected mastermind of 9-11 attacks arrested in Pakistan.

WASHINGTON _ Pakistani agents arrested Khalid Shaikh Mohammed, the suspected mastermind behind the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, during a bloodless, early morning raid Saturday in a city just outside Islamabad, U.S. and Pakistani officials said.

[edit on 11-9-2008 by nataylor]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join