It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extreme Earthquake Activity Today!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
What is going on?

visz.rsoe.hu...

7.2 Japan (6.2 aftershock)
6.7 Indonesia
6.6 Mid Atlantic Ocean, Doldrums fracture zone
6.1 Iran
5.4 China

This is some serious activity. Don't go blaming it on CERN either, because they haven't even done any collisions yet.

Is a pole shift coming? WTF?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
That is a shame i did say it could be mother earth being ticked off because we are playing with things like Cern and HARRP

But because you said don't blame them i will say the size of the quakes it very disturbing

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
it may be 'The God' god called particle by you and the ilk that is doing this in response to your incessant seraching for Him in some silly collisions and their reactions.

In case you missed it, 'The God' doesn't appreciate what they are doing, that is His field since He is the one that holds the galaxies together. So to put it bluntly, maybe He's once again trying to let everyone know He is in control.

Then again, it may just be some unusual anomalous activity within the earths crust, see i have an open mind too.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Annual numbers are not unusual. I'd just call it a bad day.

Annual stats

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
So beyond God being pissed, is there anything at all linking these events, or was it totally random and we just had a bunch of megaquakes all over the world for no reason?

I honestly have no idea. It's like the Earth is ringing like a bell.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

It's mother nature just trying to rid her coat of those ultra destructive human flea's . If this fails, maybe a well placed jolt will set off the worlds nuclear arsenals to finish the job.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Those are yearly stats, and I monitor EQ activity regularly, I think this many big ones in one day is a lot.

There are many days that have a larger number of total EQ's but I haven't seen this many big ones in one day in a while.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Yup, that's why I said "annual".

Today's flurry is no more than a statistical fluke.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I don't know the yearly stats but it does seem strange that all these mega quakes happened on the same day an so close timewise,..

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Ok you did say annual, I didn't mean to tear into you like that.

Anyway, you are right this has been a pretty average year so far.

I just can't remember seeing a day this brutal in a long time if ever.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Raven Darkflight

Yep and evenly distributed across the planet. Seems like they happened in semi close proximity latitudinally speaking. But they were spread evenly across the entire equator.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   

i haven't really follow the quakes until lately,

you said this is a normal year so far, but has there been this many big quakes so close together (timeline) before?

also what is the worst you have heard of? ( largest on scale)

[edit on 10-9-2008 by Raven Darkflight]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
There have been at least 3 9.0+ quakes that I have heard of. One in Alaska, the one that caused the dec. 04 tsunami in Indonesia, and one other one that I can't recall where it was.

I'm no expert, but I pay pretty close attention, and I can't remember seeing this many big ones in one day.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I'm not blaming CERN (I agree it's a bad day seismically), however we can't completely write off the LHC.

Keep in mind if their tests eventually do have an adverse effect on time itself, the reverberations would be felt well before and after the event (considering the possibility that changes to spacetime travel outward from the event like a wave). Also keep in mind that when 2 or more event-waves meet, wave interference could result.

The Earth itself could have a sort of conscious intuition of events to come and might be suffering from something like 'irritable bowel (core) syndrome.' As with other living beings and systems, preliminary signs are perceived before the major event (as in pregnancy, death, etc.)

That said, if it's random, then it is indeed a bad day.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
its cind of weird I was telling a freind yesterday that when thay test cern and if I feel a earthquake ill probaly crap my pants.then I read this.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by slayerfan

I have a feeling that over the next 4 years 'crap my pants' will be referred to simply as CMP (as everyone will be saying it).

The worse the day is, the CMP level rises. I'd say today is a CMP Level 6 (out of 10) so far.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
What is going on?

visz.rsoe.hu...

7.2 Japan (6.2 aftershock)

This page is wrong.

Trust me. I'm about 75km from the epicenter.

The quake was at 9:20 (not 10:20). It was a 6.9.

There were 2 aftershocks, a 5.4 and a 5.0 (according to the website, the 5.0 will happen 6 minutes from now
).

Nothing unusual, really. Erimo is a pretty active area:

neic.usgs.gov...

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

Maybe it was CERN, I don't think so. When they do a collision or two on Oct. 20 or when ever it is, and there are quakes like today I will CMP.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

Maybe you are about to feel the 6.2 aftershock, I just found out before it happened because of CERN.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Regarding the magnetic field...there was a thread recently about how scientists have proven that cows and other grazing animals almost always face North or South while grazing. Now I have verified this through personal observation on many occasions since that thread was posted. BUT...today all the cows I saw were facing East or West. Many different pastures, various times of the day. What's up with that?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join