learn more

Matt Damon terrified by the possibility of a President Palin

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss
FYI- Matt Damon attended Harvard University and would have graduated but chose to take up an acting career with the success of Goodwill Hunting instead. He was raised by his college prof feminsit mom!! How do you like them apples???

Smart fellow who cares about his country!

See my comment above. Although, assuming what you say about his mother is true, I now wonder if its really even his own fault that hes such a simpering naif.

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
I am not one to judge a book by its cover, or gender. Nor will I advocate the opinions of hollywood elite (even if Matt Damon is a proven intellectual).

Thank you. I really needed that.

[edit on 9/10/2008 by Shazam The Unbowed]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

And somehow, that makes him more qualified than the "average" American? A Multi Million Dollar earning actor is that much in tune with the heartland of America? That is not making me shake in my boots with awe. There are plenty of College dropouts and Graduates out there, should we listen to all of their opinions just as much as Mr. Damon's?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

And somehow, that makes him more qualified than the "average" American? A Multi Million Dollar earning actor is that much in tune with the heartland of America? That is not making me shake in my boots with awe. There are plenty of College dropouts and Graduates out there, should we listen to all of their opinions just as much as Mr. Damon's?

Ya know I never said that he is "more qualified". I was pointing out that he is a smart fellow not just some dumb schmuck with an opinion. He is a citizen like the rest of us and has a right to express his opinion dontcha think?? I don't think he is "better" than average folks...do you???

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Shazam The Unbowed

Is that really your response? Is that how you refute educated debate? Okay. I guess I'll go deny ignorance somewhere else.

AAC

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
If I get rich and famous, I will hire Matt Damon as my spokesman
His arguement was completely valid

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation

Is that really your response? Is that how you refute educated debate? Okay. I guess I'll go deny ignorance somewhere else.

AAC

Educated deabte?

Keep them coming, I havent laughed this much since I saw the amazing jonathon in vegas.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   

I really don't want to start being negative, however your points totals started it!

I'm the funny one.

AAC

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

Then we are agreed!
Finally some agreement on ATS!
Oh wait, this is a conspiracy site, and as such, any agreement on this site must in itself be a conspiracy!

Now we are co-conspirators and possibly even agent-provocotuers!

I am the enemy!!!!!!!!!!!

Or maybe Matt Damon is a typical overly arrogant celebrity whose been indoctirnated in leftist talking points since fetus-hood and now reflexivley regugitates the appropiate point upon que; which explains his continued employment despite his ostentatious lack of thespianic abiility.

Or maybe the voices in my head are shouting so loud Im not sure what Im typing; who knows?

[edit on 9/11/2008 by Shazam The Unbowed]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shazam The Unbowed
Or maybe Matt Damon is a typical overly arrogant celebrity whose been indoctirnated in leftist talking points since fetus-hood and now reflexivley regugitates the appropiate point upon que; which explains his continued employment despite his ostentatious lack of thespianic abiility.

Matt Damon said everything I would of said, word for word. I was impressed. Am I one of those people you describe too?

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   

If you say so. I find it disturbing that you think women would be swayed by Damon and his looks rather than the issues at hand. Do you really want those kind of votes for your side?

Who wouldn't?

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
If the people here at this site are so awakened as to realize that celebrity can't sell a product [or candidate] please inform every corporation, media outlet and advertising firm now, since they're clearly tossing money down the drains.

His opinion may or may not be more VALID than yours (depending who you are), but there's a reason that it's made the news: because he IS a celebrity.

I smell sour grapes around here...

Note: Odd how impressed so many people are around here that "celebrity" Robbie Williams hangs around here supposedly sharing common views? I wonder if those who feel validated by that have posted negatively here? Just a thought; I'd check but I don't care to.

What's that smell I smell? Is someone dishing up hypocrisy for desert?

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR

Matt Damon said everything I would of said, word for word. I was impressed. Am I one of those people you describe too?

No, thats his excuse. Whats yours?
General hippie derangement syndrome, Bush derangement syndrome, liberalism, progressiveism, or out right liberal-fascism?

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   

If you say so. I find it disturbing that you think women would be swayed by Damon and his looks rather than the issues at hand. Do you really want those kind of votes for your side?

Considering the fact the Palin has swayed attention for her looks and the fact that shes a women versus the 'issues at hand'.. I say I am used to this kind of 'disturbing'. Kinda numb actually.

Do people really want these kinds of votes on Palins side, even if they are voting Republican? I mean is this a popularity contest, or deciding who would make the best world leader??

The epic saga of Obama vs. Palin 08 continues...

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
I mean is this a popularity contest, or deciding who would make the best world leader??

The epic saga of Obama vs. Palin 08 continues...

Since when are either McCain or Palin running for "world leader"?

So far as I know they are running for president and Vice-President, respectivly, of The United States of America. Am I wrong?

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Chuck Norris was on CNN Larry King last night.
After delivering a few spinning roundhouse backwards heel kicks to straighten out Areanna Huffington's position, he paused long enough to say he supports McCain.

Chuck Norris > Matt Who?

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   

That was my subtle attempt at sarcasm, playing off popular conspiracy

But yes, US leader.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss
FYI- Matt Damon attended Harvard University and would have graduated but chose to take up an acting career with the success of Goodwill Hunting instead. He was raised by his college prof feminsit mom!! How do you like them apples???

Smart fellow who cares about his country!

Yeas, and one would think that with that educational background he would have the knowledge and wherewithal to do some research to discover the answers to the "questions" he has about Sarah Palin instead of wringing his hands in feigned despair.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Barrere42
You guys have nothing to worry about... Jason Bourne has been called in and is already cutting her phone and power lines as we speak...

Ha ,ha that is brilliant.Don't forget folks ,poor old Jason Bourne was a victim of mind control.What's wrong with lovely Matt Damon giving his opinion?Loads of actors have left wing leanings eg;Ben Affleck,George Clooney,John Cusack-celebs are people too.What I'd like to know is how Lindsay Lohan and Kendra from the Playboy mansion will vote...

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
havent gotten a chance to read all the replies to this but i wanted to make sure i pointed something out before i lose track of time and dont get to read the rest tongiht

matt damon being terrified makes complete sense....im not a genius but honestly ive met a lot of soccer moms, the majority are absolutely politically ignorant who are focused on old school ways of thinking, stubborn and when it comes down to stressfull decision making....they completely collapse in upon themselves and drown their fears with zoloft xanax and online mindless computer yahoo games

as horrible as my next statement may be the truth of the matter is

if mc cain wins...its very possible that he will die in office or become incapacitated....and then she becomes president....as much a i believe that we need a new politically inexperienced person to come into our govt to shake things up and be truly patriotic, the soccer mom isnt the one i had in mind
if they arent strung up on emotional issues and old school thinking theyre too busy spreading their legs to advance their career...argue if u want... tell me im wrong...but then all i say is you're incredibly sheltered and naive

on the other hand as horrible as it is to say...obama being the 1st black pres....he very well may be assassinated.... im not saying thats what i want...i have nothing against ppl who arent white...honestly im white but my whole life my best freinds and colleagues have been those from other heritages

but with that said..he really might get taken out by someone....and is biden really who we want to be pres??

i think the USA needs to open up their eyes and realize that we have more then just 2 choices to vote for when we go to the polls in november and we need to use our power to vote to change this country

all these candidates talk about change...

well lets as voters....as people whos ancestors made the fight for whats arguably the biggest change in history...lets make another change...lets not vote for the dems or reps...lets vote independent...lets vote for someone the media isnt shoving down our throats...lets vote for someone who doesnt have a 50 50 chance of dying in office
lets vote for someone who can truly make the change in our country that we so need and not just the kind of change that is being sold to us as propaganda to choose the lesser of 2 evils

matt damon is right

as sad as it is that we make our decisions influenced by no brain entertainers.....this no brained entertainer has a damn good point

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Arent celebrity endorsements one of the things that ruined it for Kerry? I recall George Clooney, one of the more vocal Hollywood elites, saying he was going to keep his mouth shut this time lest he contribute to a similar fate for Obama.

I'm sure there is a portion of the population who would bow down and eat dirt if some actor told them too and there is a portion that would intentionally do just the opposite of what an actor told them to do out of spite and there are a few people who would just take what an actor says with no more weight than with what anyone else says.

I fall into the ignore leaning toward spite category myself. I can't take these 90's-00's actors seriously and their attempt to be taken seriously just makes me mad. It's because I grew up watching their terrible, pseudo-message-filled movies I suppose.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join