It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fearing end of world by CERN, 16 year old girl commits suicide,10 September,2008

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
The fun part is that the experiment has not started yet. They simply fired up one proton beam. There are not collisions yet.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Committed suicide because of the possibility of the end of earth? Well, I think it would be a good idea to point out that this is the same country where cows, monkeys, rats and an assortment of other critters are granted free reign because the people worship the critters as gods. Which is to say I'm not surprised.

-Euclid

Originally posted by cern_info

Fearing end of world by CERN, girl commits suicide in,India,10 September,2008

timesofindia.indiatimes.com

INDORE: A 16-year-old girl in Madhya Pradesh allegedly committed suicide after watching news on channels about possibility of the end of earth following the atom-smasher experiment in Geneva that began on Wednesday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Well, what can one say about a weak mind. She could have asked somebody if this was a true story.
Don't feel sorry for dopes like this, maybe she'll come back as a sheep.
Least brain and body will be on the same level.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
First off this is a sad thing for a person to feel this way to committ such an act, but if you truly sat and anlyzed it, you would realize that it makes absolutely no sense at all.Fear of the end of the world so you do exactly what you fear,end your world.

We truly need to better educate our children and above all stop keeping their young minds preoccupied w/such useless, void filling fantasies ,which truly have absolutely no positive impact on a productive life. This also goes for a majority of adults.

We need to get back to basics as a species and focus on simplicity and reality.After all it's man quest to know and conquer all which has led to our worlds problems.

SIMPLICITY.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by cern_info

Lemme get this straight...

A girl watches a TV show and gets the idea that the LHC with kill her..

so she kills herself instead.

Well, we can look at the bright side..

she won't be able to reproduce.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by euclid

Well, I think it would be a good idea to point out that this is the same country where cows, monkeys, rats and an assortment of other critters are granted free reign because the people worship the critters as gods. Which is to say I'm not surprised.

You’re pointing the finger at them, for worshiping rats, monkeys, bulls - worshiping a religious sense, something they’re brought up to do, an act their culture has practiced before the USA was even born?
You’re going to point the finger at them?
ROTFL
I’ve seen hypocritical but heck this one takes the cake (for today at least)...

Let’s take a wee little peek at America and the animals America WORSHIPS - their pets.

Americans spend 41 Billion a year on their pets.
That's double the amount shelled out on pets a decade ago, with annual spending expected to hit $52 billion in the next two years, according to Packaged Facts, a consumer research company based in Rockville, Md.

Bob Vetere, president of the American Pet Products Manufacturers Assn. (APPMA). "They want to reward their pet in human terms." That means hotels instead of kennels, braces to fix crooked teeth, and frilly canine ball gowns“.

APPMA report 42% dogs in the USA sleep with their owners.

And best of all!!!

Neuticles, a patented testicular implant that sells for up to $919 a pair. The idea, says inventor Gregg A. Miller, is to "let people restore their pets to anatomical preciseness"

There are now $430 indoor potties, $30-an-ounce perfume, and $225 trench coats aimed solely at four-footed consumers and their wallet-toting companions. Even those who shun animal couture are increasingly willing to spend thousands on drugs for depression or anxiety in pets, as well as psychotherapy, high-tech cancer surgery, cosmetic procedures, and end-of-life care.

It’s distorted, it’s sickening, it’s vulgar, and it’s a waste.
All while Americans worship some dead guy on a cross?
And yes, I find that last statement offensive, and yet, other cultures must see Christians as such.
And then when they look at how Americans’ overall indulge their animals?

Wellll, I wouldn’t be the one to tell them not to go about their business, while the USA goes about its own vulgar practices.

Concerning this young woman, this child who committed suicide?
What does the glorification of animals in her country have to do with her suicide anyway?
Your statement doesn’t even make a point.
Just a reflection of ignorance of other cultures in general and a lack of understanding of your own.
Then again maybe you’re not an American, lol.
Ooops!

...stepped in it again...

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
This article is pretty interesting. But what's funny above all is how Dan Brown the writer of the "Da Vinci Code" in his first book before that talks about CERN's atom smasher and writes this really good story about the Vatican and this atom smasher (I'm not going to spoil the sotry). Anyhow you guys should read it. What weirds me out is that Brown knew about this technology before it came about...

As for the girl, she had issues. It kind of reminds me of the 1930s when Orson Wells read "War of the Worlds" on the radio and people freaked out and I think a few people ended up commiting suicide. The reason for this is just ignorance, having trouble believing the truth. For people who have a low campacity for things such as a young girl, they can not handle certain things and as a result take their own lives. But wait a minute, how do they know if that was really the cause? Hmm...

polaff.blogspot.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

It is relevant due to her having as simplistic a mind as yours.

-Euclid

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Some people just can't handle reality. What if Aliens came and told them what they knew as fact was actually fantasy? Some people can't handle change.

There will always be people who can't handle any situation that is distressing or hopeless. Rabbits can die from fright. Lemmings run off cliffs.

I've only heard of this one example of the fear of the LHC causing a death in someone, and it wasn't even smashing atoms when it was turned online when this poor young girl decided not to see what happened first. Maybe she had other issues but the worse case scenarios arising from atom smashing pushed her over the edge.

There's nothing wrong with warning about potentially dangerous technologies.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Wow!!!I Can't Beleive They Actually Let You Post That On Here!!
For Once,There's Someone Out There Who Doesn't Beleive That The New World Order/Federal Reserve/Masonic Lodge/MI6/KGB/FBI/CIA/Royal Family of England/Monaco/BATF/Bilderbergers/Council on Foreign Relations/Skull and Bones/Knights of Columbus/Jesuits/The King of Queens and That Nerdy Kid Who Took Your Order at Burger King are out to get you,let alone be behind the Assinanations of JFK/RFK/MLK;Waco;Ruby Ridge;YFZ Ranch;Oklahoma City;9/11;Heaven's Gate;Katrina and Why Fox Still Hasn't Released"Rio Conchos"on DVD!!!
I Wish They Would Though!!I Have The VHS Tape I Bought From A Friend Who Owned a Video Store Back In'94,It's Okay,But I'd Really Love To see It on DVD!!
Anyway People;Yes;Bad Things Do Happen to Good People Sometimes!!
It's Called'Life'!!!I Think Some of You Need To Get One!!
Don't Get Me Wrong!!I Do Beleive That There Are Some Things That The Government Tells Us That Aren't Always True;But Remember(A)'The X Files'was only a TV Show that's been cancelled six years ago!!(B)As Hank Hill Told Dale Gribble in the KOTH Episode"Dog Dale Afternoon":"Dale,There Are No Cubans!!".
Night Watchman,You Told The Truth and I Wish I Could Shake Your Hand!!

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join