It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fearing end of world by CERN, 16 year old girl commits suicide,10 September,2008

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Clown

I've been reading many blogs on this subject, it sounds scary, but one thing to mention, we've had 4 earthquakes in the past 24 hours, how odd is that?

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
'OMG, the world's gonna end, I'm gonna die!.. hmm.. wait a minute.. why stick around for thàt? I can do that myself and much cheaper then that CERN project costs..' *splatter*

There is no age treshold or limit on stupidity..

I find it hard to imagine her religious belief would state molecular disentanglement (sic) is punishable by eternity in the Void, but commiting suicide would earn her a place in heaven..

I think this is no case for attacking conspicary thruth, but a case of what the dangers of organised religions are..

[edit on 11-9-2008 by Phatcat]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
We can think of this 2 ways..

1) well if this works and things go well, maybe we learn something..

2) Thing will goto hell and disappear. Either way we wont know cause it should be fast and painless.

So either way its a win win situation..

Exactly, it does not really matter to us.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Why are people calling this girl stupid? Did you know her? There is a difference between stupidity and ill-educated. The girl just didn't know enough about it to make an informed decision, and due to the severity of her response, she probably had other things going on at the time, but even then, we do not know that for sure.

The problem here is low information, scaremongering in the media, and a girl with problems. Not stupidity.

Just my tuppence.

[edit on 11-9-2008 by Sendran]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

You know nothing of my compassion for others and my experiences with loss.

This person had issues. Most likely she would have succeeded in killing herself sooner or later.

I feel sorry for her family.

[edit on 11-9-2008 by Wildbob77]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by cern_info

Fearing end of world by CERN, girl commits suicide in,India,10 September,2008

timesofindia.indiatimes.com

INDORE: A 16-year-old girl in Madhya Pradesh allegedly committed suicide after watching news on channels about possibility of the end of earth following the atom-smasher experiment in Geneva that began on Wednesday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit - removed link to personal blog

[edit on 10-9-2008 by elevatedone]

When I see such blind faithed (ignoring the facts) and bizarre opposition about the CERN/LHC multiyear experiment, I can't help myself than to think that maybe something good will have to come out from this venture for all of us instead the other way around that scaremongers want us to believe!
Do any of you get the same suspicions?
Who would have to fear whatever kind of Truth can come out of the CERN/LHC experiments over time?

It is suspiciously clear to me that SOMEONE doesn't want this!
WHO COULD THAT BE?

[edit on 11-9-2008 by spacebot]

Since the CERN scientists themselves are keeping their mouths shut considering an "underground" opposition, not that anyone has asked them about it yet, but I am starting to believe that the "opposition" lays inside the scientific community itself and if this part of the community has to rely to such cheap tactics of scaremongering people, I'd say shame to them.

[edit on 11-9-2008 by spacebot]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I told you this is going to happen. Let's just wait October 14, 2008, when the GFL ship WILL NOT arrive as the so called "I'm the chosen one and I can hear them. They will come, they promised." guys, will commit suicide too. Let's see what is going to happen then.

Blind believers are the greatest problem of this planet.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Hey

I must say,even tho a lot already have,killing yourself to avoid death seems kind off bizarre?
Is this story even true?

Spike

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
reply to post by yellowcard

We're going to get off-topic (briefly): helmet laws are there to also save everyone the money it costs to scrape a person off the asphalt, and the medical bills said person might incur.

Actually it's more like save the insurance companies money to pay for extensive medical procedures or forking out life insurance
.... but I was referring to a Jerry Seinfeld joke

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by cern_info
Problem with us is until the fire dnt burn us we just close over eyes like nothing is going on.Just tink what if some kid did same thing here in America .1st of all MEDIA painted it as terrorist attack of some kind mind control then we blame al qaida for it.And finally media start talking about how to stop this CERN experiment.Right now its don't mattre much to us because it happen in developing country .But we don't have to for get we have more copy cat then rest of the world .So people watch your KIds before this CERN madness get finished .Good luck

Was that english?
I'm sorry but I must have been abducted by aliens and had my English translator removed with a "gobblety-gook" device.
Damn, and it looked so promising. I am seriously embarrassed to be a member here every time I read a post like that, which seems to be more frequent every day.

I think what you were trying to say is that the bush cronies have us so tightly wrapped that we would ignore anything but a fake terrorist attack so we need to talk to our kids about not commiting suicide because they are afraid of being killed?

At least, that’s what my new device is telling me

As far as this subject goes, it is callous yes.. But if this is true and she killed herself because of the LHC and not some other reason she was covering up (intentionally or not) then it just keeps one less segment of bad DNA out of the gene pool.

Now if we could just remove the Bush's and Clinton's we'd be all set.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Is there anyone on ATS that comes from or knows anything about this girls Country, Customs, the culture of Madhya Pradesh?

All the posts I’ve seen so far are judging this girl using a Western perspective.

Speaking for myself, also of Western perspective, I have NO IDEA what this little girl (young woman?) might have been experiencing ---> because I know NOTHING about her life or her culture.

I’m not going to *go there* and judge someone when I haven't a clue what kind of hell she was going through when she heard this report about CERN.

In light of the fact this poor child is gone, and her family and friends mourn her (I presume), it’s far over the limit of ignorance to judge her.

And don’t forget.

In the Western world people jump from skyscrapers when the stocks bottom out and kids that shoot up their school chums and teachers before pointing the gun to their own head...

Hey, for us that’s just *the way it goes*...
Who knows what people from Madhya Pradesh would think of that.

...what would my post be without and edit...

...make that a double...
...three's a charm...

[edit on 11-9-2008 by silo13]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
If society stopped fighting, it would be able to utilyze what we term high tech gadgets beyond this roullette game we keep playing, we could be flying around our galaxy. We could have built one in space or on a dead planet.. but sure add to the millions of toxic waistes our culture of war and paranoia create in the name of the dominant false paradigms you create in imaginationland. There are easier methods of propulsion im sure if we think and observe more often in nature.

p.s toxic waistes in this case is not literal. its metaphore.

[edit on 11-9-2008 by mastermind77]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Hello everyone i am a 28 year old mother of three beautiful daughters, I ask myself daily how could all this be, I have always grown up with "god" in my life but i read and seen the news from the past 2 days and i have to admit it scares me. I believe everything is here for a purpose down to the littlest of all things. And i have to as well admit that all this experimenting is out of control reguardless of how anyone believes if there is a god or if there is not it makes no sense to me that we would use all these funds yet people are starving? How can we have donated all this money yet our soldiers in war are dying everyday? Me personally i think that over time we have come to be to smart and to educated apparently to much for our own good, somewhere whether it have been money or curiousity, either way it should not matter. I feel sorry for all of us in the end whether this works or not, if it does work then it will only build there ego's or purpose they are doing this. Then they will try the next stupid thing going down the line it will never be over nor done it will always continue and if it does not work this time they will work on it till it does. It saddens me because i do not understand it and as for the young girl there may have been more to why she killed her self, but my heart still goes out to her family because not only do they have to be in mourning they also have to be scared and worried. I see no point in doing this as a way to prove whether there is a god or not i mean really look how many millions,billions, or trillions, of dollars to prove whether there is a god or not it is a waste, people will still believe if they always have believed anyways unless our goverment bans the right to believe, then, it will be just like all the movies you see anyway. And all those who believe in god should already have known that this was coming for it was all told to us before this happened. Is this for the good or really for the bad? I think the people who have been given such wonderful blessing are using it for the wrong things and i think in the end all of us will suffer from the decisions that have already been made. I feel sorry for future generations soon everything thing including the earth will all be man made, and it will be the future generations that will never know the memories or the peacefulness on a summer day by the lake. The people that are doing this just dont care if they did then then as soon as a possibility of the world being sucked in would have stopped them but they do not care because they are willing to risk everyones life including there own.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded

2) Thing will goto hell and disappear. Either way we wont know cause it should be fast and painless.

So either way its a win win situation..

Being sucked into a black hole would cause our bodies to be stretched into a single string of atoms for an infinite amount of time. Sounds like anything but fast and painless. Sounds like Hell.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I guess it was the end of the world for her. What an idiot!
-Bob

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Well done fear mongerers, you've done a thorough job. I wonder how many people will top themselves nearing 2012 because of the BS flying around about it.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I just realised how smug I really am. But one thing I cannot stand is people who a few days in advance of the 10th were actually worried that that would be the day the world would end???!!!!! If anything is going to happen, it won't be for at least another month. On that future fateful day, when the collision is finally achieved I will still get up out of bed and make a cup of coffee, and if I can't I won't.
There really is no use in speculating and scaremongering, whatever happens the universe is still a marvelous place. I am glad to be here.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
And this years darwin award goes to....

I do feel very bad for the family who has to endure losing a daughter, just this April I lost my brother who was two years older then me and I dont think I will ever get over it, but in my opinion if this really is the reason she killed herself then she really had a few screws loose from the start.

Like others said, it makes no sense to kill yourself to avoid death so I really do believe she must have had other underlying reasons and sometimes when someones life is that bad, it only takes one little thing to set them over the edge.

I only hope the family stays strong during such a horrid time.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
If she feared that the world was going to end because of the LHC, then why bother commiting suicide if she was gonna die anyway?

Sounds like she was severly depressed anyway and used the LHC as an excuse to end it all.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I had a child tell me about their fear of doomsday yesterday.

Let me start by saying that I work as a music teacher at an Anglican/Christian school, not the fanatical kind that one sees in the States, but a fairly regular, good private school in Australia.

Yesterday I had one of my students, an 11 year old girl tell me that she was scared because she thought that "It was supposed to be Doomsday yesterday. Why do people make machines like this? I always thought that Doomsday would come because of Global Warming."

At first I was at a loss for words, that an 11 year old girl could put her thoughts so succinctly. The fact that the hype of this machine had caused an 11 year old child to fear for her life, and to fear that the entire world was going to end upset me.

Naturally my response was to tell her not to worry, and that things like this would not happen during our lifetime so just have fun, learn to play your trumpet, enjoy life, and try hard at school. Of course it's good for an adult to say things like this to a child, and she was not dwelling on the issue to my knowledge, but it still upset me that a child should have to think about these type of things. When I was 11, all I had to worry about was whether my parents would take me to the beach on the weekend, and whether I had done my homework/music practice.

This got me to thinking, I have been following the development of CERN kind of closely, but I think I am yet to find a simple answer to my question "What is the desired end result of this experiment?"

Anyone?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join