It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fearing end of world by CERN, 16 year old girl commits suicide,10 September,2008

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
thats the propaganda machine of the united states of american it actually made someone young of age kill her self over NEWS ? which she probably watched every 30 ? minutes since they put news on every 10 or 30 minutes thats brian washing to me, well done united states. now i can see why bush has been elected 2 times. because if you can brian wash the people, you own everything else. look at hitler before the war !

this CERN is nothing but a GIANT particle detector, these particle collisions, accrue very often in violent, lightnings through out the world, what cern is doing is nothing completely useless i might add, because the complexity of having a scanner to detect such a small atomic particles is nearly impossible by todays standards. you simply wouldn't have enough time none or micro nano seconds to copy that information into a suitable format. we are talking about REAL magic type of speed it just happens ! it just appears thats what CERN is not able to detect at all. Imo not going to start with the explosions that the collisions make lol because that is just another case that cern is kinda over funded pice of crap

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Poor girl. What an awfully foolish thing to do.

She probably had some preexisting problems.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

She was 16 years old... she was just a kid, she probably believed in what she heard one hundred percent.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by cern_info

The result of fear mongering on the young and naive.
Sure, she had to of had some other problems, she TRUSTED the word of ignorance.
Which is why we all must Deny Ignorance.
Educate ourselves and those around us. Never be a parrot and just go around repeating senseless babble without knowing the truth. Investigate! Question the ridiculous. Read up on the facts.
Does anyone think that the person who convinced this girl of the alleged impending doom of the LHC is going to step up and take responsibility for this, no, they won’t, and they will blame her for being naïve. They will say and do anything but accept blame for influencing this girl.
It’s a shame, a damn shame.
Peace be with you child, peace be with you.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
You know i see posts blaming her for her own death and no one even thinks about the danger of conspiracy theories.This is proof of what conspiracy theories do to a weaker younger mind.I blame those who whip people into hysteria over nothing.Theories have zero effect on me with no proof.But i have a strong mind and im much older.

About 9/11,and the people who still think it was the govt.You disgrace all who died on that day.Not a single fracking theory on this website that ive seen has come to pass.Grow up and stop living in a dream world.You people are being played by our enemies and its plain to see.Useful idiots indeed.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Funny. I was thinking today and how I was surprised no cults committed mass suicide due to this theory of doomsday.

Buuuuuut...there's always that rotten apple.

Oh well. Not surprising .

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
This is brilliant. Absolutely hilarious propaganda. She was afraid of dying so she in fact killed herself? Who wrote this bit Andy Kaufman, seriously now think about this folks. Absolutely hilarious. What a joke.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by cern_info

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
We can think of this 2 ways..

1) well if this works and things go well, maybe we learn something..

2) Thing will goto hell and disappear. Either way we wont know cause it should be fast and painless.

So either way its a win win situation..

You you don't feel any thing bad if we saw mass suicide in coming weeks because of fear ???

If they were dumb enough to commit mass suicide because of people who know nothing about physics...the society is probably better off...just being honest. It's like helmet laws, why protect a brain that is so dumb that it doesn't want to protect itself?

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I see a lot of comments about conspiracy theory's are at fault here but I honestly don't think this LHC thing qualifys as a conspiracy theory it's just a fact it could go either way. Nobody can predict with any accuracy what will happen but the decisions been made and we have had no say in it.

I'm definitely not the type to believe every Asteroid will hit or 2012 theory I laugh at most of them actually but in my mind this LHC thing is in a totally different category. It's an actual scientific possibility they could create a strangelet or micro black hole and we understand neither well enough but we know enough to fear them.

Some media headlines were a bit crazy though even here in the UK all of them were thin on the actual facts though which is just sloppy and sensationalism at it's worst. It was pretty stupid to hype up a test as Doomsday I'd go as far as to think we are safe from this machine for a few years until they are running tests at full power and even if something goes wrong then we probably have quite a long time.

The fact is a lot of people got terrified yesterday because they didn't have the basic facts.

In my mind it's a an experiment that isn't worth the risk but I'd be more worried for any kids I might have in the future than for myself as that's the time frame we are talking about.

(well unless it's a strangelet then we go boom instantly I think)

As for this girl I think she probably had issues but no doubt the LHC scared her stupid when she heard about it I wouldn't doubt some media station there pronounced it as fact it was the end of the world or something.

I know for a fact this thing is scaring people because my girlfriends been the same which results in me lieing and saying it's completely safe when I know it isn't.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   
If I knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was about to be killed by a swarm of bees, or a large shark, I would totally blow my head off instead.

I think you can infer my point.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I call it the "ATS effect". Whether its a child who kills themselves in India because of overblown fears peddled my attention mongers or the child in australia who had to be commited to due "global warming related hysteria" the result is the same. Shameless attention seekers who peddle doomsday prophecies in order to validate thier pathetic lives hurt those who beleive in them the most. Whether we are discussing the ignorance peddled by truthers, alex jones, david icke, uro geller, erich von danikken, billy meier, alex titor, john lear, or any of the other apolcalyptic conspiracy peddlers are nothing more IMO than parasitic leeches who revel every time somehting like this happens because it confirms thier power over the tru sheeple.

At least, thats my inflation adjusted .2 cents.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Maybe thats why its fot the best they not tell us everything.The scientists don't give a damn if it really is dangerous to test equipment and experiment with atoms and protons.They only want to see the outcome.I say curiousity kills the cat.But we have one earth not nine! Maybe this is a big Con CERN

[edit on 11/02/2007 by 0bserver1]

[edit on 11/02/2007 by 0bserver1]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Natural selection and evolution at work... nothing else.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
[SOLVED]

"..Fearing the creating of a black hole and the possibility of her soul not being able to escape from it; a young Indian girl chose to take her own life.

Owing to her strict religious beliefs, the girl felt obligated to remain in this universe where she was created or to leave it in the traditional manner as the obscure sect to which she belongs announced on the eve of 2006 that they now considered Quantum Disentanglement a sin punishable by an eternity in 'The Void' (a Hindu afterlife variation)"

- The East Kwazirastan Pontificator

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by yellowcard

We're going to get off-topic (briefly): helmet laws are there to also save everyone the money it costs to scrape a person off the asphalt, and the medical bills said person might incur.

Back to the topic at hand, if true, I feel this is a graphic demonstration of what happens when idiots start spewing baseless doomsday assertions as truth. Yes, the girl clearly had problems, but if people didn't go around saying such utterly ridiculous bullplop, she'd still be alive and could be receiving help. But no - some idiots with no understanding of physics get all scared because they actively embrace ignorance, and are so arrogant to think that if they don't understand something, then no-one does. They start spewing their baseless vitriol as if some expert, and gullible people lap it up.

The whole thing, from the nonsense people spew, to the unfortunate death of this young person, makes me sick.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
As If... why would this 16 year old blow her self away over a piece of metal and magnets, sounds like the scientists are just loving the new toy... its a shame that people take rumours and things so seriously, when I can litterally see the world exploding infront of me, I still wouldn't take my own life, i'd rather go out with a bang!

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Justice11
You know i see posts blaming her for her own death and no one even thinks about the danger of conspiracy theories.This is proof of what conspiracy theories do to a weaker younger mind.I blame those who whip people into hysteria over nothing.Theories have zero effect on me with no proof.But i have a strong mind and im much older.

About 9/11,and the people who still think it was the govt.You disgrace all who died on that day.Not a single fracking theory on this website that ive seen has come to pass.Grow up and stop living in a dream world.You people are being played by our enemies and its plain to see.Useful idiots indeed.

Oh you did not!

Calling ATSers Idiots? But arent you posting on ATS? Your calling yourself an idiot? Amusing. So your saying we should ban conspiracy theories (free speech) because 1 person committed suicide over totally questionable circumstances?

You my friend, are the biggest conspiracy theorist of them all.

Perhaps you do fit in here afterall. In a very ironic way.

Anyways , dont blame me for this crap, I posted a very nice thread saying CERN would NOT cause the end of the world.

And just about none of you posted in it, or gave it any attention. Perhaps it is because in reality, deep down inside, you wanna spend all day talking about the end of the world, instead of realizing that its all hype, fluff.

www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=4906781#pid4906781

There was several good posters in that thread with good points and ideas about the subject.

Point being, that everyone always clamors around the hysteria, and ignores the softly spoken reasoning.

Always happens always will.

And no, theres no possible way that girl killed herself from "fears of CERN black holes". Thats totally absurd.

Maybe she killed herself because her parents wouldnt LISTEN to her freak out about the black hole? Maybe its the parents fault after all. And then the parents turn around and blame the media. Sure. It was the media right? It could never have been....*drum roll* Her parents fault!

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
What a stupid girl

If it wasn't CERN I'm sure she would have found another reason to kill herself.

I have no pity for these gullible idiots but the people we should be blaming are the media for the fabricated lies they continuously throw at us day after day

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Throughout history, people have been committing suicide by the prospect of the end of the world.
I knew this would happen someday soon, and my fear is that many many will also take the way out themselves before the 2012 date.

Now we have lawyers, and this family will have a huge lawsuit to file if in fact everyone knew she feared the end of the world and took her own life.

With 2012, there wont be anyone to sue, i would assume, but with this man made Frankenstein project, you bet there is.

This is a reminder that not everyone is equiped to deal with some stuff going on in the world today.

What a shame this had to happen.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
There must have been another reason for her to do this. There's no way she would be able to blame this fully on whats happening in Geneva - especially when the chances of this sort of thing happening is so small (Black Holes).

I feel sorry for her family.

What do they say when asked about her daughter by friends and family? "She was worried about the world being engulfed by a mini black hole that's about to be created by CERN".

Hmmm.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join