It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fearing end of world by CERN, 16 year old girl commits suicide,10 September,2008

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Fearing end of world by CERN, girl commits suicide in,India,10 September,2008

timesofindia.indiatimes.com

INDORE: A 16-year-old girl in Madhya Pradesh allegedly committed suicide after watching news on channels about possibility of the end of earth following the atom-smasher experiment in Geneva that began on Wednesday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit - removed link to personal blog

[edit on 10-9-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
We hope we will not get mass suicide because of fear involving in this experiment.

I think blogger world is also feared about this hole issue.Did CERN understand how hard its for us to explain about all this and now its coming out as ugly truth .And i also hope so in future this kind of succide didn't happen .

Mod Edit - removed link to personal blog

[edit on 10-9-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
We can think of this 2 ways..

1) well if this works and things go well, maybe we learn something..

2) Thing will goto hell and disappear. Either way we wont know cause it should be fast and painless.

So either way its a win win situation..

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
We can think of this 2 ways..

1) well if this works and things go well, maybe we learn something..

2) Thing will goto hell and disappear. Either way we wont know cause it should be fast and painless.

So either way its a win win situation..

You you don't feel any thing bad if we saw mass suicide in coming weeks because of fear ???

+13 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
No actually.

And att the risk of sounding callous, if someone kills themself in some fit of hysteria, then there's something more wrong with them than simple concern over the matter.

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Yeah I agree with the above poster. Its sad the girl killed herself, but come on, why?

She killed herself because she was scared of dying? Doesn't make sense.

If we see mass suicides, that would suck, but there would be a few less village idiots around.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Seem's strange to me killing yourself to avoid death there must be more to the story honestly. Although the whole black hole thing is a bit worrying I honestly can't believe that is the reason in this case.

The media shouldn't have been hyping yesterday up as Doomsday though especially when it was just a test. They thrive on spreading fear for no reason.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jadette
No actually.

And att the risk of sounding callous, if someone kills themself in some fit of hysteria, then there's something more wrong with them than simple concern over the matter.

Problem with us is until the fire dnt burn us we just close over eyes like nothing is going on.Just tink what if some kid did same thing here in America .1st of all MEDIA painted it as terrorist attack of some kind mind control then we blame al qaida for it.And finally media start talking about how to stop this CERN experiment.Right now its don't mattre much to us because it happen in developing country .But we don't have to for get we have more copy cat then rest of the world .So people watch your KIds before this CERN madness get finished .Good luck

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
This shouldn't be a surprise based on the ridiculous fear mongering that goes here on this very board. For some, actually too many, every world event is viewed as more evidence of a coming NWO conspiracy. When you convince yourself that your own govt, as part of a massive conspiracy, are plotting to end civilization as we know it, it's not a big leap to hopelessness and depression.

In this case, too many speculated on the outlandish possibility that this experiment could create a massive black hole. The fact that not one serious scientist considered that even a remote possibility does not stop some from fearing the coming apocalypse.

It's time to start living your life instead of cowering in constant fear. Our young people need to be hopeful. All of the chicken little foolishness aside, they are almost certainly going to live a long life.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I find the whole hysteria thing to be very amusing. Some of the posts on ATS...people saying "goodbye" and such. Sheesh.

Yes it is sad that the girl offed herself, but that happens everyday, she obviously had issues. Anyone remember after the Saddam hanging video came out? At least a dozen kids hung themselves as a result of watching it (most thought it looked cool and tried to copy apparently). There are 6 billion people on the planet, plenty have a bit of loose wiring.

Plus keep in mind it is usually the families that report the "cause of suicide". Sometimes it is convenient to point to a news story and say "that must have been it!". Who knows what was really going on.

[edit on 10-9-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Personally I think it is the fault of all the fear mongerers crying out the end of the world is here, and the media for promoting that angle, instead of the amazing possibilities the reasearch could bring us.

Yes. It does seems sensless to kill yourself out of fear of dying, but alot of people would rather go thier own way insted of facing a potentially long painful or even unknown death.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
This is sad and also what we get with all the fear mongering. Maybe some of the doom and gloomers will take a look at themselves through the eyes of a scared little girl.

Why she took her life no one will really know. Maybe she couldn't stand seeing her family suffer. Poor kid.

Roper

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I have too agree with Sonya160.

The girl had issues.

If you read the headlines in the paper and decide that you have to kill yourself, perhaps you've been swimming in the shallow end of the gene pool.

[edit on 10-9-2008 by Wildbob77]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by xstealth
If we see mass suicides, that would suck, but there would be a few less village idiots around.

We don't have to forget that here in America we have most copy cats
its said but true.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
I have too agree with Sonya160.

The girl had issues.

If you read the headlines in the paper and decide that you have to kill yourself, perhaps you've been swimming in the shallow end of the gene pool.

[edit on 10-9-2008 by Wildbob77]

How compassionate of you. Spoken like someone who hasn't experienced much pain and loss in his/her own life. Lucky you. I would argue that your response doesn't speak well for which end of the gene pool you inhabit.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I had the great pleasure of listening briefly to Graeme Gilbert last night.

www.2sm.com.au...

He's a... Well, the talk show is mainly for old folks wishing for the days of old.

He compared the Hadron Collider to the experiments against the Jews done by the Nazis - yes, the media does indeed hype these things up!

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman

How compassionate of you. Spoken like someone who hasn't experienced much pain and loss in his/her own life. Lucky you. I would argue that your response doesn't speak well for which end of the gene pool you inhabit.

Because, you know, they're exactly the same. Pain and loss and the LHC.

I'm highly apathetic to those who wish to take their own life. Especially over something they're so completely ignorant about. And let's not carry on the ignorance saying that I couldn't possibly know pain and blah blah blah. I know plenty, which is where my apathy comes from.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
It just shows what the media combined with low information can invoke. The recent headlines regarding the LHC have been pretty scary; "End of the World Coming" etc, indeed just look at our thread list on the subject, and we're supposed to be intelligent and informed!

How many 16 yr olds actually read the story behind the headline, especially one about a particle accelerator?

It has been a bit of a mess really. The scientist quoted talking about "..a ray of light coming from the Indian ocean.." wasn't even a physicist, he was a chemist. I'm not saying he wouldn't know about such matters, he probably would, but not as much as the guys and girls running the LHC.

It's a sad event. I wish someone could have explained it to her. Issues or no, the stories about the LHC couldn't have helped.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Sadly, thousands of teenagers commit suicide every year. This is so sad for her family. You know, if you are a young person who is not very informed on daily world events a "hyped" up news story with this story line could scare the heck out of you! My prayers go out to all that new her.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Well, If Heavens Gate and Jonestown weren't bad enough, now we have the colidercide problem.

I pray this is an isolated event, or even more hopeful would be that it had nothing to do with the LHC.

If I wanted to die from a black hole vacuum, I would rather be on the receiving end of the billions invested and build one that makes the new one obsolete.

If there is a totally destructive result that destroys the earth until it no longer exists, The keepers of this device should let us know. If we are going, I would like to know as soon as possible so I could bring peace to the world before everyone is gone.

However, since this won't be an option available to the keepers, I would at least tour the globe. If there wasn't enough time for that, I would probably pick an Island off the coast of France, a Mountain in Germany by the Austrian border, a hole just outside Ellensberg, WA., and lastly, I would like to visit the Vatican underworld libraries and free the chained creatures. I would be satisfied with those journeys, but would like to see more. Even a 7 star hotel in Dubai. A nice 5+ course last supper.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join