It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chat LOGIN PROBLEM!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I am having trouble at the moment with trying to login to the ATS chat, it will load up ok, with the list of chat rooms. But when i click on LOG IN it comes up ERROR, and i am not logged in.

Anyone else going through this? and if it is a bug, how do i correct it?

Just to not there are 14 people in total in the chat, so no problem with over crowding

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
5 mins, later and the problem is fixed for me, But please do not close this thread.

If anyone else has had/ is having this problem, post here, and an explination, of what is happening.

(note, ou need 150 posts to enter chat)

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
That's likely got to do with 1-2-3's servers, not ATS, I don't think ATS can really do anything about that. You need to remember, ATS doesn't host it's chat, it simply loads the client on the server, under the domain mask, so it doesn't link out to 1-2-3's chat page instead.

That'd cause more confusion. I know the servers share the data, but the server isn't ATS's. It most likely has to do with connectivity problems on the chat servers part, and not any configuration that SO has control over.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Shugo

Ah, ok thanks. So the only thing that ats can really do is report the bug?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Correct.
Unless it's an issue to do with the exchange of data between ATS's database (which is required to allow you to login) and the server. But even then, I don't think it'd be an issue on the ATS end.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I would not of expected it to be a problem with ats, as it seems very reliable considering the amount of people login everyday, and the amount of people browsing, it has not been slow to load once for me.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
im getting it too. In fact, I get it quite a bit.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I've had the same problem but with a little
perseverance you should be able to get in

When you get the error just try again

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I get the same message when I try to log in. This probelm has been happening for a couple of days...

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
where that heck do you enter chat?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
There's a button on the toolbar on top that says chat

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Chat's at the yop of the page, same line as where you log in at.

I've had the error when I have Firefox reopen the session, I refresh the page and it works fine.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I've been trying to get into the chat for the better part of a half-hour now and I keep getting the login errors. I logged out of ATS, cleared the cache and cookies, restarted firefox, reloaded the chat window, and when none of that worked, I rebooted the computer.

Still not in chat.

I've had to try for a few minutes before, but this might be a new personal record of sorts. the chat is showing 13 members right now, so I know someone has gotten in.... right...?

I of course blame CERN. It has to be their fault. The End is nigh!

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDemonHunter

I of course blame CERN. It has to be their fault. The End is nigh!

It must be their fault lol

I too have been unsuccessful just now and can't sleep!
I need you right now chat, let people in please!

edit - ahhhh and now it must make a liar of me and work lol !

[edit on 11-9-2008 by ImJaded]

new topics

top topics

join