It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pit-bulls, pigs and lipstick?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
We are in trouble, a nation at war, potential economic crisis. Financial institutions failing, the American people are being raped by big oil companies, education, health care, budget deficits, national debt, worsening relations with Russia, on an on and on....

YOU all know what the issues are that matter most, why are we focused on all the WRONG things in this campaign?

What can these candidates tell us about the real issues?

Anything?

We need a new leader, we had hope for change, what we are getting is dirty politics as usual. This is ridiculous, and worrisome. The American people have to choose between these two candidates and so far neither has given us much more than ideas and opinions that seem to change with public opinion, and of course dirt on the other side.

I suppose unless things change dramatically we will have to choose which of these candidates we dislike less in November?

Which has less dirt on them?

Which looks better in lipstick?

It's looking a lot like having to choose between Kerry and Bush all over again.

Politics as usual.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
*SIGH* I hear the frustration. I feel it. Does this come as any real surprise to you? I think a lot of people were fooled by Obama this past year and are finally realizing that he is also just more of the same, a typical politician. But it's looking like the Republican side is taking the low road on these stupid "lipstick on a pig" attacks. I expected better from McCain and Palin, and that's where I'm being let down.

I'm going to go crawl under the bed and sleep it all off. Somebody wake me up in Dec. 2012. I don't want to miss the end of the world.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
*SIGH* I hear the frustration. I feel it. Does this come as any real surprise to you?

Actually in a way, yes. I expected better than this, I assumed that after the Bush administration the American people would demand better than this.

I expected this election to matter, that issues of real consequence would take priority over scandalous rumors and dirty politics, I expected change, and what we have hardly changes anything, in fact it seems like we are going to be no better off following this election.

Surprised, frustrated, angry and frankly... disappointed!

In the end, the issues that matter most, don't. There is something incredibly wrong with that.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
A total miscomprehension here. Pig is ugly, yes? Is a former Ms Alaska accused of this? Are 'black people' called 'pigs?' Is MsAlaska a 'pig' because of some existential issue? Fail to understand.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by redled
A total miscomprehension here. Pig is ugly, yes? Is a former Ms Alaska accused of this? Are 'black people' called 'pigs?' Is MsAlaska a 'pig' because of some existential issue? Fail to understand.

I rest my case.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
There was a very similar thread on this topic here.

Please review the final post in that thread.

Thank you.

Thread Closed.

[edit on 10-9-2008 by MemoryShock]

top topics

join