It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden: Hillary a Better Pick Than Me

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
[On the other hand, dumping Biden for Clinton to counter Palin would be seen by the American electorate as way more cynical than anything McCain can be accused of in choosing Palin.

Is this something yopu would put past the clintons? The were and are the connsumate politicians, they know how the game works.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Jim Webb (D-Va), has the intellect(economics, geo-politics,etc) of Bill Clinton but without the negatives, a real Vietnam War hero who can match McCain's exploits, served under Reagan as Secy of Navy, and well-spoken who doesn't need a teleprompter was Oby's first choice for VP. But he refused to take it. Maybe he doesn't want to ruin his career. Oh, well ...

Jim Webb/Hillary 2012

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
I think a change now would be disastrous to his campaign. Changing horses in mid-stream won't help. Hillary has alienated probably half of her fan base by pledging her support to Barack Obama, so she brings little to the table. That's just my opinion though.

Nahhh...she had to do it. It was the "decent" thing to do, to refuse to support her own parties candidate would make her look like a VERY poor loser. If you listen carefully to her speech she did not rave on about Obama, she simply said "we have to stand together as a party".

I don't think she lost any of her supporters. They felt bad for her. Especially when she had to be the one to "announce" the democractic candidate.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

Originally posted by LLoyd45
I think a change now would be disastrous to his campaign. Changing horses in mid-stream won't help. Hillary has alienated probably half of her fan base by pledging her support to Barack Obama, so she brings little to the table. That's just my opinion though.

Nahhh...she had to do it. It was the "decent" thing to do, to refuse to support her own parties candidate would make her look like a VERY poor loser. If you listen carefully to her speech she did not rave on about Obama, she simply said "we have to stand together as a party".

I don't think she lost any of her supporters. They felt bad for her. Especially when she had to be the one to "announce" the democractic candidate.

I did feel bad for her i was in full support of her run for president and i will tell you alot of people like me are looking at McCain as a serious alternative. Maybe it was the months of her pointing out his weaknesses thats hard to go away.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

I agree with you that it was the politically correct and expedient thing to do, but she lost my respect in doing so. It made me feel she held her political career in higher regard than her country or her constituents.

That's just me though, I always choose principles over what's probably best for me in the long run. I seem to always be butting my head against a wall..

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by coven
Or Cindy McCain and Sarah Palin in the White house. Talk about two clashing personalities... Billionaire, meet hard fightin' Hockey mom...

Two strong women does NOT equal a cat fight. Besides, I am not sure Cindy McCain is all that strong willed in the political sense, she seems to work more on a personal level (bringing home babies from bangladesh, stray dogs, things of that nature). The McCain household has a ton of pets (all sorts, dogs, cats, snakes, rabbits, lizards, etc…) and that sounds like a Cindy McCain thing. Changing things one being at a time is different than trying to change the world.

I would suspect Cindy and Sarah have different issues that they would focus on. Plus Cindy has lived with John McCain for 30 years now, and I am sure he can be quite difficult. She must be able to adjust to an aggressive personality type fairly well.

Originally posted by dragonridr
I did feel bad for her i was in full support of her run for president and i will tell you alot of people like me are looking at McCain as a serious alternative. Maybe it was the months of her pointing out his weaknesses thats hard to go away.

Yup, I agree completely. I never EVER thought I would vote for a republican after the last horrid 8 years, but somehow it is looking like a reasonable idea these days.

[edit on 12-9-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Hilary would have been a better pick, no doubt, it would have almost guaranteed Obama the Whitehouse. Not only that but with Biden i feel the Democratic ticket is far too left of the field.

Should Biden drop out for Hilary then that wouldn't work, it would only look poorly on Obamas judgement!!

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by theblunttruth
.... Should Biden drop out for Hilary then that wouldn't work, it would only look poorly on Obamas judgement!!

It would also be an awkward situation, where the VP(Hillary) is more qualified(to be Prez) than the Prez(Obama). Sort of like of an inverted triangle.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join