It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden: Hillary a Better Pick Than Me

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
It's amazing that today, even some editors at Democratic
Newspapers (ie Huffington Post) are writing emotional editorials
stating that Obama is becoming his own worst enemy.

I think there is some panic setting in. Drastic measures need
to be taken by the Dems/Obama while there's still time, if they
want to win in November.

It will interesting to see how Sarah Palin does with the Charlie
Gibson interviews tomorrow and Friday. He seems like a
straight shooter who will ask hard questions with a smile on
his face... just like Sarah does. -cwm

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
I wonder if maybe Michelle played a big part in that decision. I can hear it now, "Don't do it, you don't need that woman, you can do it on your own baby!".

You're right on target, Sonya610. As I pointed out earlier in the thread,
and as was reported in the local media, Michelle basically said to Barack,
"It's that witch or me, but not both. Take your pick." Like my wife,
Michelle means EXACTLY what she says. Strong independent women
wouldn't work well together in the Whitehouse. You know Michelle wouldn't
be sitting around baking cookies and hosting teas. She would be helping
Barack make decisions..and clashing with VP Hillary often. Talk about
fireworks at the Whitehouse!

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by carewemust
Like my wife, Michelle means EXACTLY what she says. Strong independent women wouldn't work well together in the Whitehouse.

See I don't think Hillary would have had a problem with Michelle. Being a strong independent woman is a bit different than being a SMART, strong, independent woman. Getting what you want is more important than cattiness to a smart woman.

Hillary would have no reason to be threatened by Michelle and Michelle could have been the first black lady, if she had used her brain instead of her emotions.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
couldnt it be that Biden is just a humble person?

The reporter asked him a loaded question that could have gotten Biden in trouble. Instead he praises hillary and is attacked for it. It feels as if the Democrat ticket is attacked for anything it says. they are either too sexist, or inconsiderate, or elitist, and now they are too humble!?!?!?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
The Hillary is smart she knows that if Obama goes down she only waits 4 years as apposed to 8 if he wins. She could be helping him right now she could be working for his campaign to counter Palin but its not going to happen. Obama built a rift between them and i know bill wont forget its not in him to forget.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I wonder if he is planning to step down and graciously bow out "for the sake of the party"
???????????????????????????
Hillary is about the only thing that can ensure an Obama win now.

[edit on 10-9-2008 by Fathom]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
If Biden bows out, or is forced to, it certainly says volumes about Obama's judgment in the first place.
Rudy Giuliani was right, Obama is getting ready to flip flop on his VP.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Humble perhaps, but it certainly shows that nice guys do not belong in the White House. Just look at Jimmy Carter, he turned out to be the push-over President. We don't need another one of those.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Rudy Giuliani was right, Obama is getting ready to flip flop on his VP.

it reminds me that Obama and Bill Clinton are having a pow wow...could Bill be VP?..i mean legally?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Fathom

Hey, good question.
You know what, I think he can.
I think you should start your own thread on this very subject.
If it can't be done, Obama will probably push for even more "change", in the rules that is.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

I would say no it cant be done. Bill cant be in any position where an event would lead to him being the president.

But the constitution contradicts itself in a way. The 12th ammendment allows for Bill to be VP. But the 22nd, ratified in 1951 says otherwise. If brought to court I believe that the court would say the 1951 ammendment wins out.

Could Bill be VP

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

As far as bowing out, or something resembling it, Thomas Eagleton in '72, McGoverns erstwhile running mate.

So there is precedence. It would be, IMHO, a huge mistake, even bigger than picking him was in the first place...

Whether the perception would be valid or not is moot...Obama would be percieved as wishy-washy. Fatal to his semi-wavering campaign.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Agreed. Its Biden or Bust. There wouldn't be enough time for Obama to change vp's and then recover from the scrutiny that would follow.

What I think Obama should do is name some high profile cabinet positions with some good bi partisan colleagues. I believe some good choices in that respect will turn this ship back in the right direction....

Vice versa for McCain as well.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Hillary had said (privately) in the past that Oby is unelectable.

Hillary/Jim Webb 2012

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by coolieno99

Hillary/Jim Webb 2012

How bout a link before you quote Hillary.

Not fair to use hearsay with no link.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
What an idiot thing to admit....even if it is true. Might as well say McCain is a better Prez than Obama.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32

Originally posted by coolieno99

Hillary/Jim Webb 2012

How bout a link before you quote Hillary.

Not fair to use hearsay with no link.

Actually is not that "privately". It was one of the question posed by George Stephanolous to Hillary regarding Oby's electability in ABC televised debate between the two. George asked her that she said in private(to Stephanolous or others) that Oby was unelectable, if she will repeat that statement in public. She answered that he is "electable".

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackProjects
So the first major real decision Obama makes(Biden instead of H Clinton) turns out to be a huge mistake judging by the massive poll shift toward McCain once he announced Palin.

Repubs will have field day with that if Biden does chicken out..

Excellent thread - flagged and starred.

Excellent comments here, as well.

I've never personally counted Hillary out for this election and now I can imagine that the Clinton machinery has been restarted while she waits by the phone.

On the other hand, dumping Biden for Clinton to counter Palin would be seen by the American electorate as way more cynical than anything McCain can be accused of in choosing Palin.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
The reporter asked him a loaded question that could have gotten Biden in trouble. Instead he praises hillary and is attacked for it. It feels as if the Democrat ticket is attacked for anything it says. they are either too sexist, or inconsiderate, or elitist, and now they are too humble!?!?!?

You might want to actually read the article before you post.

It wasn't a reporter asking a loaded question. It was somebody in the audience simply telling Biden he was happy Obama picked Biden instead of Hillary.

And I don't think anybody is attacking him for saying what he did. They are pointing out that Obama made a horrible choice in Biden. Even Biden understands this. His honesty is refreshing.

Of course I might be wrong about "nobody" attacking Biden. I think if anybody is attacking him it's the liberal bloggers who already are disgusted that Obama would pick an establishment, pro corporate banking candidate.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

whoops. got me. I dont know why I typed reporter. Well my bad, point remains the same.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join