It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.K.'s Biggest Credit Card Provider Says We'll All Get A Chip Soon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
The biggest credit card provider in the U.K. is now publicly saying that the plan is for everyone to start paying for their purchases with a microchip instead of a credit card very soon.

"In time you won't have to carry a plastic credit card around with you if you don't want to, although some people will chose to for nostalgic reasons," Barclaycard Chief Executive Officer Antony Jenkins stated recently.

This is just another small step towards the day when everyone in society will be forced to get chipped.

This news story continues here:

themoralcollapseofamerica.blogspot.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Why can't they just give us a chip to put in our phone or a little gadget that activates with our finger prints? Why stick it under our skin? These people are dim, I wouldn't even acknowledge these so called business people. They lost the plot and their brains along with the plot ages ago.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
We've had this in America for at least a few years, I'm really surprised no one ever talks about it. I'm sure you're all familiar with Chase Manhattan bank, which happens to be my bank for the time being. They issue Visa and Mastercard debit/check cards with a feature called "Blink" which is an RFID contactless transaction technology. I have one in my wallet right now and never really realized what it was until now :O . Certain stores, mostly a specific chain of drugstores, has special machines for the Blink cards, they aren't very popular though, I don't know anyone who uses it, myself included.

As I mentioned, no one in the RFID debate seems to be mentioning these, but it's nothing new. Eventually, as your story suggests, they'll do away with the card altogether.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
If there wasn't so much evil behind it, it would be a nice option that is really convenient and efficient. Just throw your hand across the scanner to pay for groceries, or use it as ID when being carded, the waitress serving drinks can just use her quick pen scanner and confirm you're 18 at the table. No more carrying around wallets.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
It wouldn't be long till people would kill someone to "swap" chips. The only way to guard against that is to have: your DNA , fingerprints, dental records, and any other confidential personal data, that can be viewed by the police when asked for you to scan. That is just too much information to give to the authorities just so you can be a wallet-less sheep. I would rather die.

[edit on 15-9-2008 by Unmask The Deception]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Unmask The Deception

I would rather die.

I find that very hard to believe.

I do agree that this is only the beginning, what better place to start than the UK? This will spread quickly I'm sure as banks here in the US choose to do this as well.

I say start planning now...

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

I am willing to die for what I believe in; however, I will not go out without a fight.

The UK seems to have been the experimental ground for the NWO. It is just the beginning with the chips, but the NWO has been in motion for a long time.
Once chips are implemented, we will be controlled to the point of no escape. Your chip will be turned off if you do not wish to comply. A few knowledgeable people may seek asylum among rebel groups, if you can dig the chip out before they find you.

new topics

top topics

join