It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov't officials probed about illicit sex, gifts

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Gov't officials probed about illicit sex, gifts

hosted.ap.org

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Government officials handling billions of dollars in oil royalties engaged in illicit sex with employees of energy companies they were dealing with and received numerous gifts from them, federal investigators said Wednesday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Sex for Oil? Anyone else think that this is a terrible situation? This is the definition of conflict of interest. 13 Department of the Interior Employees are targeted for investigation for allegedly Rigging contracts, working part time as independent consultants and even having sexual relationships with oil company employees.

This is like being in bed with the enemy, these people are supposed to work for us. Instead they are literally sleeping with the oil companies and we wonder why oil prices are so high and oil company profits hit record levels every quarter.

hosted.ap.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
It is standard behaviour in the oil and gas industry, I worked in the industry. Oil & Gas is about sex, death, lust and stupidity..no contract is signed without those 4 magic virtues being exploited. It is the worse industry I have ever worked in, it really is not pretty.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I suppose this just confirms what we've suspected all along. This should be considered criminal activity and treated as such.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Who's gettin' probed???

Oh, that kind of probe....never mind.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
supriiiiiiiiiiiise.....I wonder if this is going to hurt McCain at all? I mean with someone saying that our current president has been in bed with oil from day one, and McCain saying that we need offshore drilling.....

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Dammit, Grafilthy you stole the first idea that popped into my head when I saw the headline. Was "probed" the best choice of words the author of this article could have used in describing a case involving illicit sex?

So far I'm seeing this as one single very corrupt office in Denver. I'll reserve scathing industry wide criticism until we see some reports from other orifices, uh, offices, rather.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Don't you think this is outrageous? Our government officials actually in bed (figuratively and literally) with the oil companies?

Isn't this something that needs to be investigated and perhaps fines for the oil companies or even a class action lawsuit?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Don't you think this is outrageous? Our government officials actually in bed (figuratively and literally) with the oil companies?

Isn't this something that needs to be investigated and perhaps fines for the oil companies or even a class action lawsuit?

Fines!?

There will be no fines. They are one and the same..., the government and 'big' business (of which oil is a significant part).

If they get fined, we'll pay for it at the pump! One way or the other they will get away with this.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Do you not think that the oil companies have illegally price gouged the American public for far too long?

Isn't it time to stop asking for lower prices from these companies and start DEMANDING price cuts? This scandal in itself is a reason that the government needs to be checked on every single day.

It's our job to be the watchdog, and we will let them get away with this? Is apathy so rampant in this country that people won't even bother anymore to protest things when we have the perpetrators dead to rights?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I've been saying it all along.

DON"T TRUST THE UPPER CLASS TO HAVE THE INTEREST OF THE LOWER CLASSES IN MIND!!!!!!!!

*Ahem*

Excuse me, but this is an I told you so moment, brought to you by MemoryShock, ATS Cynic and Know-It-All...

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I can only imagine the probe used against Government officals as relates to sexual favors in the natural gas industry... What's it gonna be... "Methane Mania" or "Thunda in the Tundra."

It seems greedy people are getting turned on just to be a part in the rape of Mother Nature.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Level X

It seems greedy people are getting turned on just to be a part in the rape of Mother Nature.

They get more bang for their buck! (wow, punny) They get to rape nature, and our rights at the same time, it's a ménage à trois of tyranny!

whatukno;

Sorry, I got too sarcastic there for a second. These people need to be barred from having anything to do with serving the people, or money, or oil. Either that or exiled and stripped of citizenship!

This is the same crap many resist when you tell them about it. "They wouldn't do that!" and "Where's the proof?" and such. Where are they now?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
im always on the look out for illicit sex gifts,there the best kind.

whos to say what constitutes sex as a gift or as illicit? ,we cant pay for it,have it out of wedlock, now we cant use it as a negotiative tool,bah!,what has the world come to!!

i remember the golden days when signing over a large proportion of the wealth of the nation always included the bonniest daughter as a sweetner,what went wrong?,ey zorgon?.

oh and yeah ,bribery oil,ridiculous,damnful etc.

[edit on 10-9-2008 by welivefortheson]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Ah, it is so totally not a surprise. What IS a surprise is that any of the enormous quantity of this same-o, same-o is seeing the light of day.

People who investigate these things without national notoriety tend to end up dead.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

I picked this up through the MSM yesterday, do you think that it will just blow over? Is this a diversionary tactic to get our focus away from some other issue. Or would they want us to look somewhere else because this issue raises serious questions?

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
As everyone here has pretty much confirmed...They're all in bed together.

GOP - Greedy Oil Profiteers

Big Oil basically owns our administration. Where are the major Oil companies and oil service industry (Enron, Halliburton, Schlumberger, BakerHughes,etc) headquartered ? Texas
Coincidentally which state was GW Governor of prior to running for the presidency ? Which state has the highest oil production...you guessed it ...Alaska, followed by Texas
The Bush's own Pennzoil, Cheney essentially still controls Halliburton, Condi Rice a former Chevron executive, who worked on the $10B Khazakstan pipeline project was commended for her contributions by actually having an oil tanker named after her until it was publicized and later changed after her having joined the Bush whitehouse administration.

McCain and Palin are right in the mix as well. McGain has always voted pro big oil profits legislation and against alternative energy. His campaign employs at least 15 individuals either as top fundraisers or as senior campaign staff, staff that have lobbied for Big Oil.

Governor Palin reigns over the highest Oil producing state of Alaska and is also well connected with the oil establishment. Her husband also continues to works for BP even though a conflict of interest exists by taking a non supervisory position. Guess they don't need the extra $$$ now that Sarah is Governor ?

It sounds pretty oily to me !

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

If it is possible I would like to keep this as far from the election as possible. The people that are directly involved with this probe are not the candidates nor are they the GOP. They are government employees.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   

I picked this up through the MSM yesterday, do you think that it will just blow over? Is this a diversionary tactic to get our focus away from some other issue. Or would they want us to look somewhere else because this issue raises serious questions?

Hmmmm.

I think it will not make a big splash, being shadowed by the Bread'n'Circuses (Cue Tah-ra-ra-boom-dee-ay music) of...

The 2008 Fabulagorious Wonderomatic Elections, complete with head locks, spitting insults, and evil eyes!

But, dam' I want this to be discussed widely. And I am hoping it will be. Not holding my breath.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   

This could be a research project if you want it to be, find out all the real dirt on it. Now that it's in the open an investigation will be forthcoming. If the PTB think that a major site like ATS is investigating they may put more pressure on the situation.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join