It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Peace Intention Experiment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
hi all

this is amazing stuff!

let's try and get as many people as we can..

September 14, 2008 will see the start of the first in a series of Peace Intention Experiments testing the power of group intention to lower violence in areas around the world
www.thepeaceintentionexperiment.com...

THE PEACE INTENTION EXPERIMENT
www.youtube.com...

Namaste

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
14 hours to go,

If this was about the part of the secret for living in Luxury and a Dream Lifestyle, or how too manifest lots of other stuff into our lives this would be responded to and flagged loads.

This site is about denying Ignorance?

Here is an continuation of a series of experiments that is backed up by credible scientists, showing that you, me, us, WE today can reduce violence in our neighborhoods.

We can help prove a big part of what this site is all about ?

Yet no interest!!!

Why are not ALL members ALL staff ALL mods taking part in this?

You, from previous expermients it seems, can today by taking part stop someone in your neighborhood from being, attacked or having violence forced on them.

That is from reported crimes when this has happened before.

Imagine how many then may be unrecorded that are stopped?

The children being abused who cant report it? the frightened of her husband black and blue wife?

As said this seems to be proven!

The choice is simple?

Contribute to Peace and help progress science.

OR

Keep denying ignorance?

Choose Peace you know you want too!

Peaceful Vibes,

Elf.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf

Perhaps people believe they can do something without broadcasting it to all of ATS and the internet. And perhaps moderators don't want to voice their participation in something that could possibly be construed as activist recruiting which runs contrary to the T&C.

Or maybe they just think it's a bunch of crap.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Because... just giving out good intentions with your thoughts will never solve world problems. Trust me, when you're in a mall and a crazed man with a gun comes in and you close your eyes and pray, it's not going to change whether or not he's made up his mind to shoot everyone in sight. I suggest you run.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal

Because... just giving out good intentions with your thoughts will never solve world problems. Trust me, when you're in a mall and a crazed man with a gun comes in and you close your eyes and pray, it's not going to change whether or not he's made up his mind to shoot everyone in sight. I suggest you run.

Mmmm well thats a very sweeping statement as the links provide show and prove, by repeated scientific evidence, that indeed the liklihood of the person going out and using the gun is lowered when people do this.

Do you yourself have actual evidence to the contrary? do you have proof that what the scientists are postulating and showing from previous events of this nature, that in fact the data is wrong?

Do you have any evidence to show the fallacy of the Idea and results behind this from similiar credible sources?

Did you actually look at the link? Nope. Did you then check the apposing scientific data and views on this subject, to get a balanced and informed understanding to come from?

Thanks for denying ignorance?

Kind regards,

Elf

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
You just jumped to conclusion after conclusion after I presented you a scenario that did not fit your fantasy wonderland love thought controlled world.

People will do as they please, they will rebel when cornered and they will prove points when points need be proven.

I have studied this long ago and read the articles long ago. The evidence is fabricated as far as I'm concerned.

For instance, if you are to tell a city ahead of time that this experiment is going to happen, the gunman feels even more inclined to prove a point.

Next time sign off with unkind regards, because that's what it really was.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal
You just jumped to conclusion after conclusion after I presented you a scenario that did not fit your fantasy wonderland love thought controlled world.

People will do as they please, they will rebel when cornered and they will prove points when points need be proven.

I have studied this long ago and read the articles long ago. The evidence is fabricated as far as I'm concerned.

For instance, if you are to tell a city ahead of time that this experiment is going to happen, the gunman feels even more inclined to prove a point.

Next time sign off with unkind regards, because that's what it really was.

MMM…. Well if you did study this, then you know that what you state is false, and the OP's link is actually proven by previous and repeated experiments of this type before.

As suggested can you show any data or other experiments to prove you claims, or as you state are they "as far as im concerned".

Also could you please show me how and why and who else states this evidence is fabricated?

Some of the scientists involved include people who walked on the moon, and hold professorships in physics from leading universities.

Again I say please verify as has been by the posters links what you say. It is very important for the world at large to know of such falsification by such eminent scientists and teachers, are they teaching their students to fabricate data too?

When I worked within the Mental Health field and specifically with Challenging, extremely violent, two staff to one client at all times, funnily enough we did notice a statistical difference in the reaction of certain clients to "negative" or "positive lovely dovey types" .

In my experience where forced medication was used to control behaviour and lower violence, it was used less with the staff members who gave out those "good vibes". I used to sometimes dread going onto a long shift with particularly aggressive clients when certain negative staff had been on the shifts before.

So I have working clinical experience of it. The link above shows proof not from me that I cant prove here, but in rigorous experiments repeatedly, and you have brought nothing to your tirade and the topic than as stated "as far as im concerned"

My regards were with Kind Regards to all at ATS, and to be honest I find this thread amazing, someone posts about a peace experiment, that is real science and does work no one is interested, and the only replies are quite on the cusp of anger/ego games anyhow.

Maybe its good measure of the community, I hope not and has not been my experience before, maybe a measure of modern society, anyhow it just shows how much this type of research and activity are.

Many Kind regards with oodles of love too!

Elf.

[edit on 15-9-2008 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Yeah. I have proof. I live on a planet of roughly 6.66 billion Humans that believe in a thing called prayer. They do this ritually and daily.

I take a look around at the planet and go geez, what a bunch of idiots. Get off your knees and asses and go do something to make a difference.

Positive thought is a cop-out for actually solving the world's problems and personal problems. It's an escape from reality and it's a denial of the facts.

You can positively think your life away for all I care, it's not going to change people and it's not going to change me. Go for it.

When you actually begin dealing with the real issues then maybe you'll understand the world that we live in can't be solved through prayer.

[edit on 15-9-2008 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
How do you know my life hasn't been changed by prayer?

Did anyone mention "Praying" anyway LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal?
That isn't the Experiment at all. There is no suggestion of prayer or "God" just relaxing and feeling good more than anything, just trying to feel love, and using YOUR will let that energy for want of a better word "raise" someone’s who needs it.

You know LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal, some people seem to "lighten" a room, or people experience a good vibe with some, have happy times, laughter joy love? Well as those people seem to do that, just call it "charismatic" if you like, well you cant deny those people exist?

I like feeling good! especially if even in a deluded way it also makes me think I am helping others feel good, even if my mood is better as a result in normal interactions too.
That is happiness Yes? at least mine occasionally, and many others, A worthwhile thing to really go for Imho.

When you actually begin dealing with the real issues then maybe you'll understand the world that we live in can't be solved through prayer.

Hey the world is a big place, this is just practical neighbourhood stuff! again there is NO prayer or Worship/God.
What are those "Real Issues" my friend ?
And how do you know I don't deal with them?
Hey LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal are your issues Real and mine are not?

Trust me I have had some very serious and very real issues in my time! you might be very surprised :-)
Maybe I will share one if you share one of yours?

Kind Regards,

Elf

[edit on 15-9-2008 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I'll get back to your reply later.

I'm not saying that positive thought is bad, but it can be when it becomes the cure all, solve all. Close my eyes and hope away all the problems. Nope, not going to happen. But I don;t deny that it can make you feel good! I've done it before and still occasionally do! But in no way is it solving the planet's problems, it is only when I use my logic and intellect do I find myself truly making a difference.

Positive thoughts, sitting around doing nothing and avoiding the real issues are only buying the a-holes that run this world and their institutions more time to screw it up. I go straight for them. We all should, that's what will solve the problems.

I'm saying that sitting around and thinking positively will not change people because you are not dealing directly with them. However, sure if we were all at home praying or in churches there would be no one to fight a war! Right? But now we're forcing life styles on people again and soon enough rebellion ensues.

The way to peace and love is through truth. We can all come together on a truth that is undeniable.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   

How do you know my life hasn't been changed by prayer?

Life has definitely been changed by prayer. Some people have resorted to prayer rather than action.

Did anyone mention "Praying" anyway LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal?

The word prayer was not mentioned. But if we can't agree that sending out positive thoughts is not saying "prayer" in other terms, then I'll have to digress from this conversation.

That isn't the Experiment at all. There is no suggestion of prayer or "God" just relaxing and feeling good more than anything, just trying to feel love, and using YOUR will let that energy for want of a better word "raise" someone’s who needs it.

Whether there is a God involved or not in the case of positive thought or prayer, it doesn't really matter. They're both the same thing either way.

I understand what you're getting at. I relax and feel good all day long. However, ignoring the issues still will not make them go away. Sooner or later those things that are truly wrong with the world will have to be dealt with first hand as logically, intellectually, soundly, reasonably and physically.

Trust me, radicalism will not go away because of a sect of a few thousand that believe love thought will solve the world's problems. You must deal directly with them.

You know LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal, some people seem to "lighten" a room, or people experience a good vibe with some, have happy times, laughter, joy, love? Well as those people seem to do that, just call it "charismatic" if you like, well you can't deny those people exist?

I do not deny that those people exist, and I love being around them. However, I'd love even more if they'd take charge and be the one's in power instead those that currently are. I'm one of those people in my "real life", and I've realized what I have to do. Take action, become an important figure, not just a neighborhood smile. Become an example for the world and future generations, not only for my children and my family. Those who lead the world are horrible examples and it will never go away until it is changed.

I like feeling good! especially if even in a deluded way it also makes me think I am helping others feel good, even if my mood is better as a result in normal interactions too.

There's nothing wrong with feeling good. The problem arises when we begin sacrificing objective truth, reality and safety for subjective emotional comfort.

What are those "Real Issues" my friend ?

Foreign policies, presidency, politics, hunger and starvation, genocide, lack of clean water and clean food, etc.

And how do you know I don't deal with them?

You do deal with some of them, this I'm sure of. But there are more that need attention besides just making your own self feel good.

[edit on 16-9-2008 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

new topics

top topics

join