It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Chick

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Ok the title is perhaps misleading but I wanted to let you see my little friend "Miracle", aka chick chick.

I raised her and 15 of her friends last spring, chick chick just never seemed to grow at the same rate. One day something ate 3 of her friends and left her for dead. I held her for 24 hours next to my heart and even slept with her that night.

It was a rough go and after seasalt and organic sugar was administered by hand to her for the first 12 hours, I left it in Gods hands, placed her in a basket by my . and woke to her cute little squeekie sounds hungry.

Hence the first name Miracle. Chick chick never grew like the rest and they are now big fat hens and roosters and she is still rather small. The other day they began pecking at her and trying to kill her so I brought her in and made a nice little home for her. I take her out to the hen house with me, even tried one day to set her down but the others again tried to attack her.

So thats my story, just love her so much and wanted to share this part of my life with you.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
What a sweet chick she is!! Your compassion is to be commended . I think it's terrific how you helped her out! I wish you and your miracle chick many happy years together!!

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Oh honey that is so sweet!
It's sad how they turn on their own like that.
I know you'll continue to take good care of her, you have a kind heart.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The second picture did not come out very good. But for now she sits on dinning room table in one of our dog cages made into a cozy nest.
Gotta go.

I was posting as you guys did, thanks, I hear they can live for 15 years? I dont know, but she is going to be a pet. She is going as a chicken hawk for halloween...Lol, yes I am nuts, but I LOVE animals, you could say Ellie May Clampit has nothing on me...

[edit on 10-9-2008 by antar]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Oh now that is sweetness!

I just love reading stories like this...glad everything turned out okay!
Thankx for sharing!

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
What a sweetheart.

Kudos to you for saving such a precious life.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
What a sweetie...! I love that you look after her so well...she clearly knows that she is loved.

Cait

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Awww she is so pretty and cute. I love critters and varmints too! I come from a long line of Elli Mays. Good for you!

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Perhaps she grew very small because she didnt grow up outside and had a limited space (limited as in house, or cage, room) versus being outside...perhaps that explains the lack of size?

Just thought I would add that.

I think fish and other species of animals grow based on the size of the area of their surroundings?

Perhaps that applies here?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Thankyou everyone for all tyhe love sent to chick chick, she is very sweet and her sound is adorable.

She was raised in my spare bedroom in a BIG box with her mates until the weather got better and the chicken house was ready.

I can try to snap a few shots of that if you would like, I cant do it until friday though. I lost the cords to my new camera and my ex wont come back over until then.

I love my other chickens too and they one day are going to provide us fresh cage free organic and wholesome eggs.

I have California whites, named Voisurferous Surfer Boy, when you holler out "Surfer Boy!" from any where on the property he proudly shouts back Cock a doodle Dooo! Or Er er er er errrr! He also has surfer girl and feather.

Then 2 left of Black Australorps , they are so beautiful, the rooster is named Penguin because when he was hatched he looked just like a penguin, now he is dramatically black with blue black plumeage. His wife is Crow Mamma.

I have 5 single Comb RoadIsland reds, 4 hens not named yet, and 2 roosters one is named Redx. I am going to have to sell one of them because they are very aggressive towards every thing and hurt when they peck at me. I go bare footed alot and they really hurt when they peck at my toenail polish or anything on my legs.

This is my first attempt at raising my own and I really love it. It costs about 25 dollars a month for the feed, which is not too bad. Next month they will be 5 months old and I will start giving them scratch (Corn) and oystershells for egg production.

There is a good site called backyard chickens that is a great source of information.

Well again thankyou everyone for loving chicks like I do, lol!

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

How sweet.

It is odd how they persisted in the attacking even later.
She is lucky to have someone with such a good heart to care for her.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

for some reason
when i saw the title i was think

chick = Woman

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Chick chick is so adorable. You have a kind spirit to take care of them all.

Rush

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I think it has to do with territory more than size?

Maybe you need to slowly make them get used to chick chick, because they are not used to chick chick around.

Anyway really nice story! So cute.

[edit on 12-9-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Its funny how humans gush and feel sorry for the runt of the litter and nature has no pity or mercy for them at all.So much for survival of the fittest.
Im sure it will make a very nice dinner....oops i mean pet.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
It's good to hear/read about these kind of situations. The world needs more people like you. Thank you for having a heart.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Awww =)
She's cuuute! You're a very nice person to do that for a fellow living creature Antar.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
It is with a full heart filled with loving sensations that I share with you today the message of my beloved chick chicks passing.

I am currently recharging the battery on my digital and will upload pictures of Miracle's aka 'chick chick's life.

He was the greatest little blessing, a true lover and a sweet being. All he ever gave was love and friendship.

I have no pictures of he and I cuddling in my big down comforter and abundantly pillowed bed, his favorite spot to nap and cuddle, but I will always remember his soft and adorable little light.

He did his best to nuzzle me and always chirped when we Eskimo kissed.

God my heart is full to overload for the passing of this precious little white feathered friend.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Put it this way antar, chick chick had a friend that loved and cared for him in his short life and that my friend is the greatest gift someone can give to another. When it comes right down to life only love stands the test of time and shines through all the darkness we journey through. Chick chick was blessed to know you and you were blessed to know him. Goodluck my friend in your journey and may your heart always be open to someone who needs it.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

My eyes fill with tears with your loving message, thankyou.

Check back later for some pictures of my little friend.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join