It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Theory of Time and History

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
History is taught (at least in America) that we are in modern times and that ancient civilizations were "ancient" and "primitive."

I theorize it is the exact opposite.

The world has it backwards..... right now we are intelectually and mentally inferior to the following eras of history.....

(in no particular order)

The ancient Egyptians
The Sumerians
The Renaissance Era
The Lost Civilization of Atlantis

Could it be that the evolution of our world works in this manner?

Looking forward to see what you guys/girls think..........

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
40 views and no replies.....I think this is very interesting

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
The ancient Egyptians -
I guess we all have preconcieved ideas
Based on killing=bad I thought the Egyptians commited sacrifice in daily life and with the killing of pharoah serveants, but could find no such thing with a short search.

I couldn't find either that there was a much greater disparity of wealth then as compared to now.

I'll leave looking into the other civilisations for others, conclusion I don't know!

I think killing is bad anyway and I had the preconception that this went on a lot in ancient Egypt but perhaps it didn't. I also am quite sure unequal distribution of wealth is bad, I know the Pharoahs were very rich compared to the lower classes but that kind of thing goes on nowadays to a much greater extent (1 Bill Gates = 1 Thousand Pharoahs etc).

Regarding Intellect though, I would of thought current world society had a greater percentage of people involved in activities beyond menial work like academics/service industrys compared to Egypts farmers. Perhaps somebody more versed can comment.

OP you did not flesh out Why these civilisations are superior in these aspects.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Yes, I agree, I should have presented evidence pointing out why I thought the "ancient" civlizations had more intellect and mental capabilities.

I want to stress the fact - I am not saying my theory pertains to average people. This theory is based on the smartest of the smartest of then
and now.

The Da Vinci's, Gallileo's, Thomas Paine's, and Benjamin Franklin's of our society don't even exist anymore. Who can you say that is in the public eye, that resembles any of the aformentioned people I have named? Can you name anybody in the last 50 years besides JFK that has even tried to enhance society?(anybody that could actually do it)

My theory is that, could it be that we have evolved so fast as far as technology is concerned, maybe the intelect and mental awareness take a hit because technology does so much for us.

[edit on 10-9-2008 by Societalgnorance]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Societalgnorance

"The world has it backwards..... right now we are intelectually and mentally inferior to the following eras of history....."

yeah thats why we have just built the most important and proberbly complex machine in the history of mankind

and i supose ancient egyptians invented the space shuttle?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
No but they buillt the Great Pyramids of Giza - quick question.......

CAN WE DO THAT TODAY????

Im afraid we can't and it has been proven

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   

how about gandhi, martin luther king, steven hawkins, nelson mandela, craig venter, dalai lama, nicholas schiff, bono and geldof
the list goes on

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   

CAN WE DO THAT TODAY????

yeah we cant even remember how to go to the moon "again"

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
if you realy want to stirr your preceptin i suggest you read the full volumes of
History: Fiction or Science?. by Anatoly Timofeevich Fomenko

wiki entry

Fomenko is a supporter of revising chronological history. He has created his own revision called "New Chronology", based on statistical correlations, dating of zodiacs, and by examining the mathematics and astronomy involved in chronology. Fomenko claims that he has discovered that many historical events do not correspond mathematically with the dates they are supposed to have occurred on. He asserts from this that all of ancient history (including the history of Greece, Rome, and Egypt) is just a reflection of events that occurred in the Middle Ages and that all of Chinese and Arab history are fabrications of 17th and 18th century Jesuits.

i my self have only read the first 2 volumes of the series and i must say , his statements are radical and with out background knowlege of history your pretty much just reading his state ments,

i would call it a brave way to describe the lost history of our terra firma , everything just dont add up

[edit on 10-9-2008 by zerbot565]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
This is one of the reasons I started this thread. To see the names people would throw out and the ones you threw at me are interesting. I agreed with you pretty much - but the actual change itself isn't there with any of those names besides Dr King and Stephen Hawking.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Societalgnorance

CAN WE DO THAT TODAY????

Can you show me this proof you talk about? We know how they built the pyramids, and with the same manpower, and time, we could easily do it again today. In fact, with today's technology, we could build the pyramids a lot quicker than it took the ancient egyptians. You do realize that the average skyscraper is technoligically a lot harder to build than the pyramids, and new ones are build every day.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I'm going to tell you all something you already know at the core of your being.

Mankind's "History" has been lost. What we think of as "ancient history" is just to the point where record hasn't been lost. Humanity has been around for much longer then history would sudgest.
www.urantia.org...

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sensfan

www.youtube.com...

A number of these videos have significant evidence of how hard it would be to complete today. One video has owners of some of the largest contracting companies and construction companies who fully admit they cannot duplicate what the Egyptians did thousands of years ago.

FACT - You can't fit a razorblade in between ANY 2 stones in the Great Pyramids.

FACT - Each stone weighed 2 - 20 tons. "primitive" people did this, yeah right

FACT - The Great Pyramids align perfectly with star systems, and "true" North

We might be able to make it look like the Great Pyramids, but to actually duplicate the Pyramids stone by stone would be nearly impossible.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I won't go into detail about pyramid building, there are plenty of threads on that already, but, if you do some research you fill find that...

- You can fit a razor blade, or larger things between many stones in the pyramids

- The stones were moved using sleds, lots of manpower, and lubrication. Models of the sleds have been found and paintings and carvings show this to be the method used....it has been duplicated in present times.

- The pyramids do not line up to any star system....They are close to Orion's belt, but not quite...the 3rd pyramid is off by quite a bit. Also, none of the 3 great pyramids line up exactly to true north, magnetic north, or any other north...again, close, but not quite.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Are you downplaying the Great Pyramids of Giza?

j/k

Anyhow, the point of this thread was the intellect level of other civilizations compared to right now.

I truly believe people were smarter, more intellectual, and better educated in The Renaissance period in Italy than people now.

What say you?

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Renaisance Era (14th-17th centurys):

My own preconception (w/limited research) is that the "human environment" of that era allowed many Great men to reach far. I admire the freedom they had to develop their ideas, perhaps helped by the rudimentary development of science allowing greater openmindedness.

However

Surely the World in the 19th century beats the renaisance hands down?

Edison and Faraday
Steam Engines and Railroads
The British Empire
Turbines and Electricity
The beginning of the end of Slavery

I won't go on, but that century was absolutely filled with innovation upon which our World today is still based on, whether its the common use of English among Forum members, to the electricity that powers our computers (heck even qwerty!!).

Perhaps that century owed its greatness to the Renaissance, but imo that is were the fruit of the Renaissance Ripened to the full.

Regarding potential of People today, I see no reason to believe our genetic structure has altered much over a few hundred years (?). I think the lack of great men creating new ideas today is either me being wrong, or perhaps various imaginary social frameworks restricting individual development

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by stringue

Regarding potential of People today, I see no reason to believe our genetic structure has altered much over a few hundred years (?). I think the lack of great men creating new ideas today is either me being wrong, or perhaps various imaginary social frameworks restricting individual development

I agree and I think that is the problem. There are social frameworks restricting individual development. I couldn't have said it better myself.

new topics

top topics

join