It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

future technolical progression

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
If we advance to fast..boom we might not be ready spiritualy and war until 1 person in a cave survives to mix our species with an alien or something.

Advance to slow, same thing but over more time perhaps we would destroy ourselves through dark age progression.

So the question is how to advance culture, spiritual drive, mental drive along with technology to ensure a general understanding of what life is meant to be (good spirited basicly) before we obtain too much. This aspect of thought is what troubles me to see because I think we are advancing too fast and in the wrong directions. Maybe im wrong, mayb ethis is how tings have to hppen to someday attain a future secure in peaceful and allowing existences with eachother, our modern nit-picky society of "stir the pot" mentality will have to fade before a type 1 society could be reached.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   

It's not like future weapons will be meaningfully more powerful than 1960s era nuclear weapons. Once everybody is in cities, and it only takes one bomb to blow up a city, whether said bomb blows a hole all the way through the crust leaving a molten volcanic crater, or if it simply destroys all the buildings and sets everything on fire isn't important.

New technology won't mean new reasons for war. We're still fighting wars for the same old reasons that mankind has fought wars since the dawn of civilization. Only the means change, not the causes nor the ends. People don't change. There has never been any spiritual progress. People are a mixed bag, and there's no way to change that. No belief system or social structure is going to keep certain people from being dicks.

We've gone sixty years without ending the world, despite having the technology to more or less do that, I think we can manage quite a while more.

join