It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Russian bombers land in Venezuela-agencies

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Level X

Level X... Last I checked... Russia is only 2.5 Miles away from Alaska... (The island of diomede anyways) Close enough the Russians Consider... because guess what. Russia sold us Alaska for 7.2 Million Dollars. There are military bases in Alaska and Russia is know to taunt America. America the same. These two secretly love each other but dont know how to express it. I wonder when they will join together. Our country is turning into an authoritative controlling government anyways.

[edit on 12-9-2008 by rjmelter]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by manson_322

US fought against dictators ????

THIS IS THE BIGGEST LOAD OF BS I EVER READ...

YOU MURDERED A 2 MILLION PEOPLE IN IRAQ FOR OIL
CREATED ISLAMIC TERROR THAT HAS LED TO DEATHS OF MILLIONS

IMPOVERISHED MILLIONS THROUGH EXPOLITATION GENOCIDE AND STARVATION

[B]fact is that most americans are arrogant , and use propanganda to hide their war crimes against humanity[/B]

I agree, Americans are arrogant. But so are Muslims. And so are Jews. And so are Russians. And so are Koreans. And so .... Wait a minute. Everybody is arrogant!!! What a surprise.

Like I said, playing this game won't fix anything. You are simply seeing what your indoctrination (culture, religion, nationalism, etc.) has programmed you to see.

You have your prejudices, obviously. Ego will not allow us to believe our views are not superior. If someone challenges those views, we use various defense mechanisms. One of those mechanisms is to lie to ourselves and turn anyone who doesn't support our perceptions into an enemy. Then we demonize them, fooling ourselves into believing that if our "enemy" is eliminated then all the injustices in the world will be gone. Unfortunately, our arrogance tricks us into believing that -- even when our own personal, national, and cultural history proves that to be a misperception. And so we continue believing we'll be good people one day, just as soon as we kill off all our enemies. (Yes, this is the mentality of the world. Don't fool yourself.)

The irony of our debate is that it's a vicious cycle that leads to nowhere. Unless our spiritual senses become unblocked (really, not just theoretically because we're a Muslim, Hindu, Sikh, or whatever), we won't be able to resolve the injustices of life. That's because our ignorance prevents us from really seeing who we are. (the epistemology of selfhood)

Yep, that's exactly what is underlying the Putin-Chavez ego display being expressed via the two bombers in Venezuela. It really is pathetic. But that's the danger of ego. If we can't win that war(ego), then how do we expect to win the nationalistic or religious wars? The true injustice is that our ego has tricked each of us into this hell on earth.

[edit on 9/12/2008 by Matrix1111]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by thefreepatriot

I have a hard time when I hear people mention we are in for a cold war part II. When in my personal opinion, the first one never did fully "defrost."

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I guess the U.S. is the only country in the world that can dispatch it's armed forces any where without permission. Grow up people, its time we pull in our horns and take care of the U.S. and let the arm producer's and the military complex take a break. We need bridges, highways, and more jobs at home ,then starting conflicts in other lands to kill off our young and make rich the arms industry. This is from a retired military person who has had to write letters to parents of KIA's.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by thefreepatriot

Sure! Sure! The USA has bombed 19 countries since the end of WWII and invaded a few!

Nukes on our doorstep? Why should the USA have the monopoly on WMDs and the right to say who should have them and how they are deployed!

Time we had some balance in in South American affairs...we have been bullying the poor danged Cubans for ages! Doing everything we can to make their lives as miserable as possible!

You da man Hugo!!!

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join