McCain Without Shame: Hired Operative Who Slimed his Daughter

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Story

McCain is so desperate to win this election that he has descended to the depths of Karl Rove and hired the very slime master who slimed his own daughter in the 2000 election - to work for him in sliming Obama!

Operating on the apparent assumption that rules of decency are out of bounds and off the table even when it applies to his own family, McCain now has as a member of his team none other than Tucker Askew.

Askew, who lives in the world of campaign slime, was one of the "masterminds" behind the intensely racist attacks against McCain on behalf of then Governor George W. Bush that turned the 2000 Republican South Carolina primary campaign in the Texan's favor by alleging that the Arizona senator's daughter was "black."

It turned out that McCain's daughter Bridget is Bangladeshi and not African American. This scurrilous tactic that was said to have helped Bush to a severely tainted "victory" and turned the tide of the entire campaign, putting the Texas governor in the front runner's position, which he never vacated.

I ask you... IS THIS CHANGE???? NO! It's More of the SAME! The same Bush/Cheney/McCain politics!

So! Look out for some real interesting lies coming from the McCain campaign in the future. Oh, I see they've already started!

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
It only shows the pathetic attempts of political candidates using despicable and dirty tricks to get what they want.

In America sensationalism, sex and scandals is what brings the attention of the increasingly short term minds of most people.

Feed them sensationalism so they forget about what in the heck they are supposed to be voting for.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Wow, I would love to hear the senator's response to this. Surely there are other qualified people for the job mr askew has been hired for.

Odd....

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I must say that was a very disgusting tactic that was pulled over McCain back in 2000 by Bush supporters, and its ironic because apparently Rove was involved behind the smear. Yes nobody heard that Banglideshans and indians are not black, yet it was 8years ago and people automatically assumed you were african if you had dark skin
How disgusting, this guy spreading these rumors about this girl to gain political points
and now McCain lowers himself to hiring the man...

Pathetic

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
hired the very slime master who slimed his own daughter in the 2000 election

I can't imagine any parent who loves their child being able to ENDURE anyone who trashed/used their child like that.

Well, that guy helped Bush43 win the election so I guess the election is more important to McCain then him taking care of his family. I understand that the daughter is grown up now, but still ....

Chivalry is dead in the McCain house.
So is being a good dad to a daughter.
At least that's how I see it. :shk:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
In our nations higher circles is common for the elitist groups and on corporate circles to recycle the trash and that is exactly what also goes on in politics.

Is not morals no honesty is all about recycling the trash.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I don't mean this to sound self-righteous but this make me think of one question:

If the whole process has already been caluclated and decided long ago, what significance does this or anything related to the election have?

This isn't directed at the OP. I'm never in the political forums yet have always wanted to ask this question.

FWIW, there's no way to know if the article is disinformation or whether his daughter gave him permission to do this or any other possibility as well. The odds of the truth being given to you straight in pure clarity is one in a trillion. Especially about a rigged election.

Peace

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I have a feeling that McCain had nothing to do with this hiring...I'm sure he has a team that vets potential team members, and they just recommend this and that to him, and he more or less goes along with it. I suspect that this person won't be employed long in the McCain camp, if this becomes an issue that is discussed in the national media.

Just look how much little vetting was done on his VP pick...many say there was very little, yet she was brought on board.

Just watch, this guy won't last long.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Three points:

First and foremost, it appears that the "smear" against McCain's daughter was saying she was black instead of from Bangladesh. Why is it considered a "smear" to say somebody is black?

Second, perhaps with the all out assault on Gov. Palin with more smears in a week it's easy to lose count of, maybe McCain wanted him on his team in order to have somebody who understands and can anticipate how to counter the smear attempts against Palin.

Third, is this really in the same category in terms of associations as Obama being buddies with Rev. Wright or Bill Ayers?

If McCain has made peace with him over something he did personally to McCain 8 years ago, why would anybody care?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Universal Light
If the whole process has already been caluclated and decided long ago, what significance does this or anything related to the election have?

I don't understand your question. Nothing was decided long ago. Back in 2000, McCain ran against GW Bush. Bush hired Eskew to slime McCain, which he did by suggesting that McCain had an illegitimate black daughter (referring to his adopted daughter from Bangladesh). McCain was outraged and said there was a special place in Hell for Eskew.

Eight years later, we find that McCain hired Eskew to work for him. It was announced Monday:

Eskew was brought on board the McCain campaign, it was announced Monday, to help prepare Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin for her role as McCain running mate. Eskew will help Palin prepare for her Wednesday night acceptance speech at the GOP convention and for her stump speech as she hits the road, brief her on policy matters, and help her handle the media scrutiny a lifetime in Alaska does not necessarily prepare one for.

"He's one of the best and most collaborative talents in Republican politics," McCain senior adviser Nicolle Wallace told Politico, speaking of Eskew. "He also has a wit and an ability to turn a phrase like no one I've ever met before."

Source

Former officials of Sen. John McCain’s 2000 campaign expressed shock and disbelief Monday to learn than the GOP presidential nominee had hired South Carolina political consultant Tucker Eskew.

Eskew, along with Warren Tompkins and Neal Rhodes, were key members of then-Gov. George W. Bush’s South Carolina team during the 2000 primaries. McCain and his team long held Bush, Tompkins, Rhodes and Eskew responsible for the various smears against McCain and his family in the Palmetto state during that contentious contest. […]

Asked if the McCain campaign would have a comment about hiring one of the South Carolina strategists the senator and his 2000 campaign team once held responsible for smears against him, McCain 2008 spokesman Brian Rogers emailed, “No.”

Source

His daughter is just 17.

Originally posted by sensfan
Just watch, this guy won't last long.

You may be right. I guess we'll see.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83
First and foremost, it appears that the "smear" against McCain's daughter was saying she was black instead of from Bangladesh.

No. The smear was that John McCain had an illegitimate black daughter.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Why is it considered a "smear" to say somebody is black?

The smear was that she was really his black 'love child' and that McCain's wife adopted her from whatever black woman McCain had 'paired up' with outside of marraige.

That crap played big in the south.

Bush43 had to know about the smear his team came up with.
He had to approve of it. I have no evidence that he knew.
But it seems reasonable to come to that conclusion.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I really hope this is not true. Forget the election, my heart goes out to the little girl. She's always going to remember what her Dad did.

Would anyone here who's a parent ever do business with someone who publicly smeared your family, let alone your daughter?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
You miss understood my question but on second thought, my question is off topic. I will restate in a different thread soon.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Three points:

First and foremost, it appears that the "smear" against McCain's daughter was saying she was black instead of from Bangladesh. Why is it considered a "smear" to say somebody is black?

Second, perhaps with the all out assault on Gov. Palin with more smears in a week it's easy to lose count of, maybe McCain wanted him on his team in order to have somebody who understands and can anticipate how to counter the smear attempts against Palin.

Third, is this really in the same category in terms of associations as Obama being buddies with Rev. Wright or Bill Ayers?

If McCain has made peace with him over something he did personally to McCain 8 years ago, why would anybody care?

Just because you have dark skin does no necessarily mean your of african/african american ancestry Jamie, get a book or something buddy. Back in 2000 the smear was that McCains adopted daughter was actually McCains biological child and that shes partly black because McCain had relations with a black prostitute. It has some what do with race because "black" is still a swearword in the south, however for the most part the smear was targeting McCains morals, values, ethics etc.

And as for your comments over the attacks on Palin, there has been twice as much towards Obama, and you are partly the one provoking these attacks, I think its highly hypocritical of you to go on about these attacks on Palin when the sheer number of posts/threads in your history indicates youv been doing the same thing.

[edit on 10-9-2008 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
It seems McCain's straight talk express derailed, and he hopped on a ride with palin an co. on the hypocrisy express.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
McCain is smart. Best man for the job gets hired. His role is accompanying Palin and overseeing her speaches and appearances. In other words he will be ensuring she don't tell crippled guys in wheelchairs to stand up or use old tired phrases or cheap gestures that will allienate voters and tank the election. There should be plenty of intelligent well delivered bite to the bulldog with lipstick, Biden is already shaking in his boots.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SectionEight

Yah. McCain is a real stand-up guy. He once said "there is a special place in hell" for guys like Tucker Askew. Now McCain will be satnding beside him.

From Tucker Askews resume re:2000 election in SC.
www.bartcopnation.com...

McCain Slurs Included Illegitimate Children, Homosexuality And A Drug-Addict Wife.
Among the rumors circulated against McCain in 2000 in South Carolina was that his adopted Bangladeshi daughter was actually black, that McCain was both gay and cheated on his wife, and that his wife Cindy was a drug addict.”

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SectionEight
McCain is smart. Best man for the job gets hired.

Yes. That McCain is a real Gem...Best man for the job...or someone that deserves "a special place in hell" as McCain one said.

Tucker Eskew thinks Morals are paintings on walls and scruples is money in Russia.

Jamie...I think it's so interesting when you play naive. You are one of the most well informed posters on ATS. If I had to guess I'd bet the farm that your day job is in "communications" in the political field.

The PUSH POLL question that Tucker and crew sponsored in SC was this...""Would you be more likely or less likely to vote for John McCain for president if you knew he had fathered an illegitimate black child?".

www.bartcopnation.com...
McCain Slurs Included Illegitimate Children, Homosexuality And A Drug-Addict Wife.
Among the rumors circulated against McCain in 2000 in South Carolina was that his adopted Bangladeshi daughter was actually black, that McCain was both gay and cheated on his wife, and that his wife Cindy was a drug addict.”

Watch Tucker Askew at work...the art of deflection
He doesn't respond to the question of whether such a smear was ethical but rather...If you think that the smear worked then you are calling the south bigots or "rubes".
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 17-9-2008 by maybereal11]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Is there any news in this election that matters, who cares. Does this mean obama is better, lol.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join