It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Why do UK crop circles mainly show up in Wiltshire?

page: 1
1

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Does anyone have an opinion to why crop circles in the UK always seem to turn up in Wiltshire? It isnt the only place, but it tends to be the most popular for hoaxers or unexplained phenomona.

Its neighbour Hampshire has one of the most famous - Chilbolton 'Arecibo message' Formation of 2001 - www.cropcircleresearch.com...

Apart from Stonehenge and Chilbolton radio telescope in Hampshire (which maybe both valid reasons) is there anything other special about this part of the UK?



Of the 175 recorded in England in 2000, 70 were found within a 15 mile radius of Avebury. In 2001, there were 184 crop formations recorded worldwide, of which 102 were in the UK

www.weirdwiltshire.co.uk...

Latest crop circle from 07 September 2008 -







"Wiltshire crop circle identified as symbolic code for first ten places of pi" - www.timesonline.co.uk...





uk.youtube.com...

Crop circle creation on film (not a brilliant example) - www.bbc.co.uk...

Stonehenge info - en.wikipedia.org...

I suppose your opinion varies depending on whether you believe them to be created by hoaxers or if you believe them to be created by ufo's or other phenomona that we dont understand.

So why Wiltshire?





posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
“I’ll Believe in anything you want as long as there’s a paycheck”

(Reply from New Recruit in Ghostbusters 1 LOL)

Course I believe, some of them are just to damn complicated to form like that overnight. Jamie Muasan will clarify that anytime. (Alien Head and Mayan Time wheel/message anyone!)

Wiltshire has always been a hotbed, stonehenge/laylines/Salisbury hill and all that, obvious to me anyways. Wiltshire,, mm nice part of England there…served in Warminster back in 89/91 old army days..

Kudos and thanks for the post m8y.

Peace
Kirky



posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I suppose you would get fantastic crop circles around these pyramids in Eygpt..but then again all they got is sand and it blows in the wind,, sandstorms..oooo nasty


My 2 cents
Peace people
Kirky



posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Hey....great subject...! I've often wondered this, and thought how cool it would be to have one here in the Highlands...there are lots of standing stones here, and stone circles, but nothing like Avebury, and I wonder if that has something to do with it. Maybe there is a particular energy about that particular site that makes it so attractive to the energy creating it. Maybe it's happens there so often now beacuse we're watching for them...communication is no good if no-one notices.

As for hoaxers, I recognise that some circles are hoaxes, but until I see one of the more complex designs reproduced in the same manner...planks and ropes for instance...during the day...I won't believe that anyone would be able to make them so accurately undetected in the dark.

Cait



posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by kirky
 


I think you're right regarding leylines/stonehenge etc.

I also think that the rural and fairly 'downy' landscape might contribute - you know compared to yorkshire dales for example?

Also, Wiltshire is famous for its Mesolithic, Neolithic and Bronze Age history - so if you subscribe to the notion that Aliens have been coming here for millenia then it would make sense that they might decide to focus their attempts for subtle contact on areas where they observed us in our past and perhaps hope that we make the link.

They don't just wanna too easy for us - do they?

Anyway, whilst some are clearly hoaxes the ones that aren't make me think that it they are trying awaken something latent within us.

Bit of a ramble, but there you go...

Peace,

MGGG



posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by caitlinfae
Hey....great subject...! I've often wondered this, and thought how cool it would be to have one here in the Highlands...there are lots of standing stones here, and stone circles, but nothing like Avebury, and I wonder if that has something to do with it. Maybe there is a particular energy about that particular site that makes it so attractive to the energy creating it. Maybe it's happens there so often now beacuse we're watching for them...communication is no good if no-one notices.

As for hoaxers, I recognise that some circles are hoaxes, but until I see one of the more complex designs reproduced in the same manner...planks and ropes for instance...during the day...I won't believe that anyone would be able to make them so accurately undetected in the dark.

Cait


Hey caitlinfae
Look up Richard C Hoaglands (author of Dark mission) those stones…aaaaa..wel there ye go.. its all hyper dimensional physics & platonics/ cymatics…its all energy babes.

Peace
Kirky

PS I love CC's on my top 10 of things



posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by
reply to post by kirky
 


I think you're right regarding leylines/stonehenge etc.

I also think that the rural and fairly 'downy' landscape might contribute - you know compared to yorkshire dales for example?

Also, Wiltshire is famous for its Mesolithic, Neolithic and Bronze Age history - so if you subscribe to the notion that Aliens have been coming here for millenia then it would make sense that they might decide to focus their attempts for subtle contact on areas where they observed us in our past and perhaps hope that we make the link.

They don't just wanna too easy for us - do they?

Anyway, whilst some are clearly hoaxes the ones that aren't make me think that it they are trying awaken something latent within us.

Bit of a ramble, but there you go...

Peace,

MGGG


Hey machinegun_go_go (you got 2 be a couterstrike fan lol)
Nice Ramble pal, I do a lot of that, and your right. Lot of history in that place…goes waayyyy back thousands you dig

Respect and thanks for the input
Peace
Kirky



posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by kirky
Course I believe, some of them are just to damn complicated to form like that overnight.


I have to agree....they are very complex and appear to be perfectly made most of the time....

And yes....it is a lovely neck of the woods! Very expensive houses etc......the Cheshire of London!



posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by kirky
 


Thank you for the info, Kirky....I will follow it up...I love looking at crop cirlcles but haven't been blessed with the chance to visit one yet....one day. I think there is a drawing of mine of a double helix type circle in Tinwiki somewhere...

Cait



posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by caitlinfae
Hey....great subject...! I've often wondered this, and thought how cool it would be to have one here in the Highlands...there are lots of standing stones here, and stone circles, but nothing like Avebury, and I wonder if that has something to do with it. Maybe there is a particular energy about that particular site that makes it so attractive to the energy creating it. Maybe it's happens there so often now beacuse we're watching for them...communication is no good if no-one notices.


I went to Stonehenge in the summer for the first time....wow - very impressive place.

I was hoping for something 'strange' to happen
but my luck was definately not in.



posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Why do UK crop circles mainly show up in Wiltshire?


Well, I don't know.


But there's something else that really BUGS me:

If there are so many crop circle formations each year, HOW THE HELL hasn't anyone placed a video camera somewhere they are commom to appear... and film the place over night?


Don't get me wrong, I'm a believer... I mean, I think there's still an unknown phenomena regarding crop circles... I don't think ALL OF THEM are made by hoaxers...

But, come on, I have seen (more then once) a place/farm/field that got two crop circles in the same week.... and probably gets circles every year...


Where are all the (u)f(o)anatics staying awake all night long staring at the field, waiting and recording?



Peace



posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Because Wiltshire's where the best crop circle artists live? (joke)

Unsure about crop circles myself as to their origins, but some of them are amazing.



posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Sator
 


I agree.

I did watch some footage a while ago of a supposed crop circle being formed. It looked as if an orb was responsible for it. It kind of whizzed round a few feet above the ground and left a crop circle.....

I suppose there are many that go un-noticed around the UK and the world.

Do we have any ATS farmers who are residents in Wiltshire/Hampshire? (prob not)



posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by davidifty
 


I know which video you are talking about...

It is this one, right?

It's fake.

The cameraman got into a Discovery Channel program about crop circles saying he first shot the crop circle already formed, and then "made the magic" with some CGI making software.

Peace



posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Sator
 


Yeh, thats the one.....I didnt know it was a fake, but then again it did look toooooo good a quality.



new topics

top topics



 
1

log in

join