It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comic book super powers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
If you could have any power what would it be?
Not really a paranormal study but i was just wondering.

I'd like to be able to put people to sleep just by saying "sleep". could you imagine what people would think if a public official were to just fall asleep in the middle of a speech like the RNC ; ]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ...and justice for some

X-ray vision of cource!

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Molecule Manipulation. (Molecule Man, Marvel Comics)

He could do it all.

Thats'd be fun.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ATruGod

Dude that'd be sweet i never thought of that you could pretty much do every other power

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
What about heat vision that would be the most fun thing in the world specially in school.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Shape shifter. Like Mystique, a villan, from the X-Men movies. I could have so much fun with that. I would be sooo naughty.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Without a doubt, Jean Grey's (X-men) powers when she became Phoenix. She could literally do anything. Course it did drive her a little mad...................

The Phoenix Saga is some of the best comics ever written.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

kinda sad i still have those some where... lol. the cartoon version was pretty cool too.

[edit on 10-9-2008 by ...and justice for some]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Had a kind of weird experience with this in a high school "creative writing" class. Our teacher asked us to write down what superpower/psychic ability we would want and hand it in... over 90% of the guys chose flying/levitation, and over 90% of the girls in the class chose being able to see the future.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
for me guys, it would have to superman, or batman
superman for, well everything
and batman because he has no powers, just his intelligence..
either would be cool.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
for me guys, it would have to superman, or batman
superman for, well everything
and batman because he has no powers, just his intelligence..
either would be cool.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
There is already a thread in BTS about this I'm sure..
If not , this belongs there. That being said...
Everyone who knows me..knows my comic book alter ego...
FIRESTAR

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

there's some real life parallels to superpowers, most of them aren't anything like flying, but you have things like the boy in germany who lacks the hormone that regulates muscle growth, so he's basically like a 4 year old bodybuilder. and recently there was a news article about a girl who after her school bus drove through a chemical cliud, now cries acid tears, it doesn't really do her much good though, it really just manages to burn and blister her face when she cries,
There's also a couple people who are blind, but "see" using echolocation, similar to Daredevil's radar, there's people unable to feel pain, magnetic humans, all sorts out there.

news.bbc.co.uk...

www.oddee.com...

www.unsoughtinput.com...

And then there's people actually trying to be superheroes in real life, though I haven't heard about any of them having any sort of powers.

www.youtube.com...

www.oddee.com...

www.worldsuperheroregistry.com...

www.superheroeslives.com...

superheroes.members.winisp.net...

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Gambit's powers from X-Men I think would be pretty cool. Then again I could just be being bias since I am Cajun myself.

I am one of those people that doesn't feel pain. Ever since I was a teenager. It's really strange it's like some natural sadism I assume. Whenever I get hurt it sends pleasure through my body. Weird I know.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
it would either have to be super strength or mind control. Be able to control others and have them do all your dirty work. You could do anything you like and never have to worry about it.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Actually, personally Id choose powers similar to my ancestors. At least those portrayed by shamans in the media.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I tried a similar thread to this that got shunted to bts right away.
I've seen one of the 'real life superheroes' having run into Mr. Silent when i was in ill, kind of a wierd guy.

if i could have a superpower, I'd go with power over magnetism, Magneto could do alot more than just bend metal in the comics

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Gren

Yeah that would be pretty fricken sweet.... the whole pulling the iron outta your blood bit? yeah that would be awesome.

peace

Justice

new topics

top topics

join