It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This day in History - Sept 10th

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
2007 - In Pakistan, former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif arrives in Wawalpindi from seven-year exile. Four hours later, he is charged with corruption, arrested, and General Pervez Musharraf expels him to Saudi Arabia.

2003 - Swedish Foreign Minister Anna Lindh is stabbed several times while shopping in Stockholm. She dies the following morning of heart and lung failure. Mijailo Mijailovic is convicted of murder, and sentenced to life in prison.

2002 - Switzerland, known for its neutrality, finally joins the United Nations.

2001 - US Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld calls a meeting of hundreds of Pentagon senior staff, giving a speech calling the Pentagon bureaucracy an adversary to the security of the USA. He says "... today we declare war on bureaucracy".

1993 - Near the coast of Chiapas, Mexico, a magnitude 7.2 earthquake occurs. Felt in much of Central America.

1989 - The Hungarian government opens the country's western borders to refugees from the German Democratic Republic.

1979 - Three Puerto Rican nationalists who attempted to kill US President Harry Truman are freed.

1977 - Hamida Djandoubi, convicted murderer, last to die in the guillotine.

1945 - Vidkun Quisling sentenced to death for collaborating with Nazis.

1939 - The US extends its embargo on arms shipments to Canada.

1939 - (1310 hours) In Ottawa, Canada, the Governor-General of Canada, Lord Tweedsmuir, announces that Parliament has declared war on Germany, as of the start of the day.

1939 - An article in the New York Times newspaper refers to the conflict in Poland as the "Second World War".

1882 - First international conference to promote anti-semitism meets in Dresden Germany (Congress for Safeguarding of Non-Jewish Interests).

1635 - Swedish Council concludes the Truce of Stuhmsdorf with Poland, surrendering Prussia to Poland for 26 years truce.

1349 - Jews who survived a massacre in Constance Germany are burned to death.

422 - Saint Celestine I begins his reign as Catholic Pope.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Hey sensfan, Good to see you.

You don't have tomorrows day in history yet do you? One I can think of off the top of my head is Ground breaks on the pentagon on sept. 11 in '41 or '61...I found that weird, plus there are a ton of invasions that happened on that day(tomorrow). Anyway, just wanted to say hello and thanks...Peace

P.S. Like the new Avy...

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   

1939 - (1310 hours) In Ottawa, Canada, the Governor-General of Canada, Lord Tweedsmuir, announces that Parliament has declared war on Germany, as of the start of the day.

1939 - The US extends its embargo on arms shipments to Canada.

1939 - An article in the New York Times newspaper refers to the conflict in Poland as the "Second World War".

So.. uhhmm.. Canada jumped right into the war against Germany and the US cut off their supply of weapons. Figures...

While we're on the subject of history repeating itself, I'd like to point out that the United Airlines stock manipulation on Monday had a parallel just before Sept 11, 2001. And it wasn't just United as the MSM is reporting, ALL major airlines had a dramatic drop in their stock prices at exactly the same time. Something is going on.

join