It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS Official: America's 'No. 1 Killer' is Bureacrats,-Not Al Qaeda

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   

DHS Official: America's 'No. 1 Killer' is Bureacrats,-Not Al Qaeda

thinkprogress.org

Yesterday, Assistant Homeland Security Secretary Robert Stephan claimed government bureaucrats are “more clever than al Qaeda in many respects” and are the “No. 1 killer in the United States” because they “focus more on themselves than they do the collective good.” CQ reports:

“Most of the time, every day, I spend most of the bullets in my single 30-round magazine that I bring to work every day shooting into the backs of our own bureaucracy trying to clear a field of fire,” said Robert Stephan, DHS assistant secretary for infrastructure protection.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
While I'm not totally certain what ANGLE he was approaching with these statements, I would have to say that he is spot on the money with our gov being MUCH more dangerous than Al Qaeda will ever be. They are the biggest bunch of terrorists on the planet right now, bar none.

Flame away.

thinkprogress.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I wonder if anyone else finds this statement revealing in more than the literal sense?

...“Most of the time, every day, I spend most of the bullets in my single 30-round magazine that I bring to work every day shooting into the backs of our own bureaucracy trying to clear a field of fire,” said Robert Stephan, DHS assistant secretary for infrastructure protection.

" ... shooting into the backs of our own bureaucracy trying to clear a field of fire,” said Robert Stephan, DHS assistant secretary for infrastructure protection.

'Clear a field of fire', eh? To shoot at whom, Mr. Infrastructure, to shoot at whom?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Right before I read this thread, I was reading sensfan's thread

This Day in History - Sept. 10

and ran across this

Originally posted by sensfan

2001 - US Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld calls a meeting of hundreds of Pentagon senior staff, giving a speech calling the Pentagon bureaucracy an adversary to the security of the USA. He says "... today we declare war on bureaucracy".

Bureaucracy seems to be particularly unpopular in early September.

It was a bit odd to read the quote here right after I read the Rumsfeld one.

edit 'cuz I can't spell Sept.

[edit on 10-9-2008 by otherhalf]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

To tell you the truth is sounds to me that this guy wants more power to do his job, and after a Bureaucrats even when corrupted to the teeth and only looking for their own well beign and their pockets in Washington also makes more difficult for this gun trigger power grabing butt wise stay on their lines over more control over citizens.

While I agree what the DHS official is saying in references to his own views I don't think I like what he is trying to pursue

[edit on 10-9-2008 by marg6043]

[edit on 10-9-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I think you may be right, and that's the reason I said in my original comment that I wasn't sure what angle he was approaching this from. In this case, the "bureaucrats" might actually be the lesser of two evils. lol

But his statements had a ring of truth in terms of their danger to us all. heh

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by otherhalf

Yes what is even more is that once Donald Rumsfield declared that -if im not mistaken- one day later 9/11 Happens. Is that to spite Donald? Was Donald getting into beuracrys' skin? I think so. Correct me if im wrong. Did your post literally mean this day in history and Donald called that meeting on 9/10 2001? If so That actually states a LOT of what has been going on.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
It's stuff like this that starts to make the georgia guidestones seem like a reasonable set of rules...to a point, of course:

RULE PASSION — FAITH — TRADITION
AND ALL THINGS
WITH TEMPERED REASON
PROTECT PEOPLE AND NATIONS
WITH FAIR LAWS AND JUST COURTS
AVOID PETTY LAWS AND USELESS
OFFICIALS
BALANCE PERSONAL RIGHTS WITH
SOCIAL DUTIES.
BE NOT A CANCER ON THE EARTH —

I actually agree with most of the ideology presented, but perhaps not the insinuated negative methodology of population reduction. I would prefer it to be a global choice that some make not to have kids, but first we have to be united as a global community while sustaining our individuality.
It is said, though, that we are in a global deficit(have been for years) and unless some people disappear, our earth can't sustain our current population. This could be misinformation just like anything else out there, but when I look around at our concrete jungles, I shed a little tear like the indian(feather not dot) in that old littering commercial.

I too would question their motives for doing away with said bureaucrats.
It almost seems to me that the blatant disregard for international law and basically doing whatever they want and desire could be a possibility...in which case, checks and balances may be necessary. In such a case, I'd say that job screening/vetting(or lack thereof) may be the point of failure there.

Do you ever feel like things are so screwed right now that we almost should start over from the stone age or something? It just seems like it'll take forever to untangle this huge mess we've gotten into.

[edit on 10-9-2008 by 4N6310]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by rjmelter
reply to post by otherhalf

Yes what is even more is that once Donald Rumsfield declared that -if im not mistaken- one day later 9/11 Happens. Is that to spite Donald? Was Donald getting into beuracrys' skin? I think so. Correct me if im wrong. Did your post literally mean this day in history and Donald called that meeting on 9/10 2001? If so That actually states a LOT of what has been going on.

Oh, are you talking about that whole bunch of cash that they said went missing from the defense budget and then they blew up, I mean, a fire melted the steel which caused the building they were doing the investigation into said missing monies causing the whole investigation deal to seemingly disappear?

Man, it's like everything with this administration is sooooo shady.

[edit on 10-9-2008 by 4N6310]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan

2001 - US Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld calls a meeting of hundreds of Pentagon senior staff, giving a speech calling the Pentagon bureaucracy an adversary to the security of the USA. He says "... today we declare war on bureaucracy".

Nah I was talking about that the above quote. But if yours is also true then the picture is not only becoming clear but a trail is beginning to form.

edit to add:

And to stay on topic.. eh hem lol.

The beurocrats really get under my skin!

[edit on 10-9-2008 by rjmelter]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
more proof that US officials are forced to admit the truth

that their nation and its bureaucracy is murderous and genocidal

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by manson_322

Ignorance Overwhelms you.

The nation itself is not murderous because it is comprised of citizens... and only 2% of it citizens are serving in the military and guess what... EVEN LESS are in office. So lol 3% Of the Nation is acting out of hand. Not really murderous. They are killing terrorists sure... but the corrupt within that 2%... say .001% Are killing people because of their disgust. Its very hypocritical for you to say what you do. You hate Americans They dont hate you... just your oppinions. They know in fact you are misguided... just as they are. Its a sad revolving factor of lies. They tend to do that you know... misguide.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
It`s hard to know where Robert Stephan is coming from with that statement, beings I don`t know what his stand is on this war. It may be he is talking about the ones who don`t agree with the Bush policy, and are making them be accountable for all of the things they want. Who knows?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by rjmelter

I took that quote off of the thread I linked, so presumably, yes he said it on September 10, 2001. I wasn't able to find the actual speech he made, but only had a few minutes to look. I'll look deeper later. I'd like to read the whole thing.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Here is a partial link with hints at the speech

memes.org...

will update when i find the actual speech.

Here is the actual speech

www.defenselink.mil...

[edit on 10-9-2008 by rjmelter]

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
wow he hit it right on the nail.. I wonder if anyone will listen..

new topics

top topics

join