It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eternal life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
We were created to serve and worship god, or at least that’s what I’ve been told. How weird does that sound – you have the all-powerful creator of the universe capable of speaking the whole universe into existence, but he needs servants?

What exactly are you going to do – I mean how do you serve someone that’s all-powerful - what exactly do you do that he can’t simply do himself and why would he need worshipping? He knows all and worship is simply giving him praise, you’re telling him something he already knows.

So in the afterlife when you’re simply there to serve god and to worship him, what exactly are you going to be doing – what is the purpose of eternal life?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Who knows what He'll want me to do, I have a mission I've been given today, I can worry about the afterlife's mission when I get there.

To be quite honest, right now I'm not too worried about what God will ask me to do X years from now.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by andre18
We were created to serve and worship god, or at least that’s what I’ve been told. How weird does that sound – you have the all-powerful creator of the universe capable of speaking the whole universe into existence, but he needs servants?

What exactly are you going to do – I mean how do you serve someone that’s all-powerful - what exactly do you do that he can’t simply do himself and why would he need worshipping? He knows all and worship is simply giving him praise, you’re telling him something he already knows.

So in the afterlife when you’re simply there to serve god and to worship him, what exactly are you going to be doing – what is the purpose of eternal life?

Andre I know I said this in the amputee thing, but God is in you. The first commandment tells you to worship God with all of yourself, the second your neighbor as yourself....you wonder were the part about how to love you is?....See the first commandment, then love your neighbor as yourself cause you are just a part of him. Imagine you are one of the cells in your body. The cell is you, but there are billions of others in your body as well. This is why we are to love one another as our self. You keep thinking God is so weird, but you won't face who he is. He is throwing the party and your invited. Don't be confused about the kingdom. You are in it now....Peace

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

Check out..."Being John Malkovich"....Malkovich, Malkovich

Oh yeah, How do you think your blood coagulates or your body repairs itself...? How do you think your cells know how to do that? I'll give you a hint...many many generations before you, living in you...you are there home buddy. There is no cloud place with harps. You are the heavens.

How can one descend and ascend at the same time? Only in the body. Outside is weeping and gnashing of teeth. "King of the Earth" is speaking of the ruler of the body. The chief Priests...means the last descendant alive. Priest means "Laymen" in greek....Not religious guy wearing a white thing. God is humble and dwells in all, he only makes himself known to those who seek him, which I know you are doing...he hears you...I promise. He sees the pain you have dealt with in this struggle. He is with you bro, always has been. So much of the "English" bible is not translated correctly and it misleads everyone. It has the basic message, but not the critical points to let people know it is talking directly to them, today, and that his miracles are witnessed by individual faith and not crowds.

The church is nothing more then Adam asleep while God works and he does that in the Laymen, not the church. The ones that don't know him is the ones he goes too, not the church crowd...

Do you know that Sabbath means "Don't preach to people about God"? Does the whole world break the sabbath every sabbath? The don't even have the right day for His sake... Yes they break it. You are steps ahead of them, just remember to be humble always and lift them up to the truth. You already know what that is. I like your posts. You think and ask questions and aren't afraid to see the truth...stay strong, look in the mirror, and remember when you said, lets make me in my image. "I" in greek is Ego. Lego the Ego and remember who you are...it's the third day.

Peace my friend...

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

We were created to serve and worship god, or at least that’s what I’ve been told.

Now there was a worldwide form of religion that existed before Moses. It did believe in that principle. They also believed in multiple gods.
According to this system, the gods came here from another planet and made the indigenous population slaves, using their superior technology.
They became gods because they had the power to make us say they were gods and to treat them that way.
They had children and they asserted their own authority and God killed them with the flood. That did not put a final end to that sort of thing and it creeps into history once in a while.
To counteract the demigod's assertion of their mastery and our servitude to them, God set things up to where we become His servants and pay homage to Him and serve Him. When the demigods show up and try to enslave us, we refuse and proclaim a greater master who can destroy those lesser gods.

[edit on 10-9-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by andre18

Maybe when they said you are to worship God they were lying because your right if hes all powerful and all knowing he could probably do most thoings himself.

im a big believer in God myself but im not so much a big believer on the bible i personally thing its wrong because they left so much out of it that shouldve been added they wanted to make God this incredible being without faults but its just true.

top topics

join