It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nemesis: Does the Sun Have a 'Companion'?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Does any one have any info on this theory? pretty cool if it turns out to be true.

But Muller's biggest idea is a real Nemesis. Or so he claims.

Like a thorn in the side of mainstream researchers, Muller's Nemesis theory -- that our Sun has a companion star responsible for recurring episodes of wholesale death and destruction here on Earth -- seems to reemerge periodically like microbes after a mass extinction.

It's a theory that has many detractors. And it's a theory that has been beaten down and left for dead in the minds of most scientists.

Yet it is a theory that just won't die.

heres the link to the full story...

full story

wiki

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Lets just say its probably true.........

Peace out dude read some of the other threads on this nibiru annunaki etc etc

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ...and justice for some

I think it was theorized a number of years ago, that some of the 'wobbles' exhibited by certain planets, aswell as some other factors, led to this idea. It is interesting, and it has been said that the most common star systems are binary, so it could be true, although, who really knows?

Interesting idea though, I always thought this was interesting too:

In it's 'apogee' could be another star, in which it also orbits, thought it was quite interesting anyway.

EMM

[edit on 10-9-2008 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by wellsybelieves

I was trying to go for a more scientific view since its in the sci/tech forum....

its supposed to be a brown dwarf that uses its gravity to throw comets towards us when it gets to close to the oort cloud nothing really to do with ETs

No offense to you... thanks for the reply ; ]

new topics

top topics

join