It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stonehenge 'was hidden from lower classes'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Stonhenge was simply a base for the E.T's to keep their flying saucers on while they where visiting. it was kinda like leaving a Roll's Royce in a bad neighboorhood, you dont want it damaged.

So they got locals to build a superbig landing centre to prop it up on, carrying the stones from far away to the site for them, speeding up the construction considerbly.

you would think that people would have realised this by now...

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Wait, wasn't Stonehenge used to mark the summer and winter equinoxes as the sun set between two of the largest stones? How would they do this if there were a 20-foot high fences all the way around it???

[edit on 9/10/2008 by Yarcofin]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Yarcofin

/\Read my post /\

That was merly coincidental.

Anyways, wouldn't the place the sun rose from be slightly differant from 5000 years ago to now? consider that the earth is slowly growing, and that they were in a differant age , we are in aqaurius now, I think..

so my point is that it would not have matched up excatly the same as it does today and is merely a coincidence. That it does this, a point that seems to be ignored, and undoubtly will be in this post.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gwendoline
When you think about it - it isn't so far fetched that THEY 'forgot' to tell us that Stonehenge is actually a modern day interpretation of a seemingly historical religious site. Look at the modern day church, they have been recreating interpretations of historical religion and making big bucks from it for a very long time.

I didn't know about Stonehenge but whilst I'm stunned, I shouldn't be. When will I learn ?

Isn't it interesting to think that NOTHING we think of in the past may actually be true it's all just manipulated and spun to lead us to where they want us to go, an amazing discovery here and a newly discovered (tea stained) manuscript there.

But wait there is more.... If you buy right now, I will include how the stone henge of today ties in with Kufu's Pyramid in Giza...lol

Ok I'm being serious, but I will need a minute to find my study material...If you see what I'm showing you in the pictures I am going to post...it's the tip of the Iceberg of how we have been manipulated to see what "they" will have us see....more to come.

P.S. "Self existent" loves you...for that is what G-d's name means...Here is the true Gospel...Be fruitful and multiply...peace

Peace

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkeybus
reply to post by Yarcofin

/\Read my post /\

That was merly coincidental.

Anyways, wouldn't the place the sun rose from be slightly differant from 5000 years ago to now? consider that the earth is slowly growing, and that they were in a differant age , we are in aqaurius now, I think..

so my point is that it would not have matched up excatly the same as it does today and is merely a coincidence. That it does this, a point that seems to be ignored, and undoubtly will be in this post.

I won't ignore it. It looks a lot like the Nazi launch pads. Big concrete cylinder with a few Gigawatts pumpin through it. It would be totally different now, as it was reconstructed less then 60 years ago. Your right on. Peace

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Ok Peace, I'm looking forward to you revealing more of the iceberg with your pictures. Here's hoping you can sink the titanic!

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I thought we where all hear for an intelligent.. conversation...

But ya, I bet it was a Nazi/Alien launch pad..
swear to god..

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Put forward, some alternate ideas on the norm and you are flamed, on ATS of all places

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by monkeybus

..any evidence?

No. Didn't think so.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gwendoline
Ok Peace, I'm looking forward to you revealing more of the iceberg with your pictures. Here's hoping you can sink the titanic!

o.k. don't know about sinking the titanic.

Most people I show this to don't see what I'm talking about, so I won't feel bad if you don't, but if you do see it, you will see that this is what our matrix is fabricated from.

You can lay this over things and pull it to scale and it will trace every line, but there is a key to using it I haven't figured out yet.

Peace

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Here are a couple more...peace

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Prove me wrong.

The vril 6, an actual flying saucer made by germany, Craft's such as these are still being made.

The Nazi "flytraps" used to aid in the landing(/also storage?) of them.

I am just saying what many other are thinking

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by monkeybus

Those are exactly what I was talking about...

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
yea yanky doodle ,oh! your a Dandy.reply to post by beforetime

Jesus, No way ,do ya mean to say Stone Henge was anything but a large stone circle.designed to bring in the answers to the Times Crossword?
BECAUSE THAT IN ITSELF IS A FULL ON CROC,OF #E.......................So Irish and English people of The day. Please Understand that our life is Great now,here at home in EIRE, But Please do not try and Intefere in any way as We love you, so much more than ,Yesterday!............ Me Loves you all..... And the Music is there in the ,Dereair.So the Music will carry,never broken. And We`ll not forget how our minds were set. Never bruised and gone forever! So My Heart was set and My home was Let, and the truth ,its nice to leave it all behind Me.So the armoured Cars and the bombed out bars can crack on, till peace once again! So there spirit has leaped and there bummer grievede for he lowest hogs. So

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggyturbojim

What?? are you even on this planet?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
What was interesting about Stonehenge to me when I visited was that I actually felt more energy or presence outside of the circle on the perimeter than I did near the center.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I haven't read any of the other replies to this post, but here is an alternative take...

The article suggests that the "wooden structure" obscured the view of the monument from one side...

Here is an alternative take on this object being a "fence".

What if it were the backing support for a set of terraced seats, rather like those found in a footy ground, or stadium? Stages of the time, had crescent shaped seating arrangements, and after lugging around all of that heavy stone who would want to do the same for a bunch of seats? Hardly anyone I suspect, and it would have been far simpler, and cheaper to build a wooden seating plan. It would also mean that it could be replaced as needed from the abundant forests in Britain at the time.

So rather than it being a 'conspiracy' to keep the lower classes from seeing things, I reckon, that it was more of a seating arrangement, where seats were charged for... it is a business product that is a tried and tested one, and obviously profitable.

Regardless of whether or not Stonehenge is of religious or cultural importance, I feel quite strongly that people would have paid to see the events there, and this is the most likely explanation in my humble opinion.

I will even go so far as to say that the excavation team are not digging far enough away from the 'fence' to see if there are any 'frontal support structures' in the ground that would have formed the lower and frontal portions of the seating plan.

Fin.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Pretty common with henges and other religious sites, these are liminal boundaries, basically to separate the outside 'unpure' with the inner religious purity. I would dispute the class element per se.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Gwendoline

The thing is that there are illustrations of stonehenge very much like it stands today dating at least back to the 1500's and they reinforced the remaining standing stones because of (1) the undermining of them by a local rabbit colony and (2) because of the vibrations of the way too nearby roads. So it really is not a modern reconstruct.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by dampnickers

i really like your theory the most, that it was actually a arena or theater.

look at pics of the inside of the arenas in rome, they have "stonehenge" like structures in them too

im no architect, so i dont know the proper terms

but i can totally see stonehenge being the remains of a leftover arena, that makes perfect sense

good thinking

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join