It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABOVETOPSECRET.COM CIA

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Let me see here.

If the C.I.A. or the F.B.I. knew about this site (which they probably know it exists) then they would of probably shut it down. Now that I am thinking...

ABOVETOPSECRET.COM operated by a government funded group. Not being skeptic or anything.

The reason is to see what is going on in the minds of the civilized world, how WE react on various topics ranging from the Iraq occupation by the U.S. lead coalition to genetic engineering, etc...
I am not going to go in details but this is a very short explanation.

I ask you one thing.
Please prove me wrong.

somehow.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 04:06 AM
link   
ATS could be/is a useful tool the government could use to gauge public opinion on a variety of topics.

Is it government run? Not likely. But who can say?

OTOH, I don't agree that the government would shut ATS down. I don't think they'd really care.
I think that the effect of ATS on the average public is minimal - not many people come here or stay here if they're not already intrested in the topics here. And having all of us in one place would make us easier to monitor and track anyway.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Virtually_Armed

ABOVETOPSECRET.COM operated by a government funded group.

Please prove me wrong.

Easy.

If we had government funding, we wouldn't need to rely on advertising revenue to keep this thing afloat.
And I'd be getting a paycheck.

Paranoid much?

-B.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee

If we had government funding, we wouldn't need to rely on advertising revenue to keep this thing afloat.
And I'd be getting a paycheck.

Well, if i wanted to make it look like it wasn't government funded, of course i'd use regular web advertising.

And I've heard that the people who work for Them, usually don't even know they're working for them.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   

ha ha ha
yeah just ignore her guys she probably doesnt know.
and of course u would have advertising.
there not that stupid.
of course its a great place to keep track of the enemies of the nwo.
many dont know there serving that power
there controlled through there limited vision and have been conditioned by there enviroment.
of course weve been throught this before here and it gets jumped on rather quickly and shut down
you may see this posting disappear rather quickly or not
depending on the level of irritation and response

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
This topic keeps popping up over and over, and I will say once again the government could not care less about a bunch of parinoid geeks most of who are not even out of high school.

Do they drop by from time to time?

Maybe.

If they do the guy that started the thread to start a revolt made someones "to watch" list, but other than that do you really think they give a # if you think the Moon is hollow or Bigfoot and Elvis are Gay Lovers in Atlantis?

Get over yourselves, they have bigger fish to fry.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Why is it that every couple of weeks we get some nutjob here posting the same thing: "I think ATS is a Gov funded website run by the CIA/NSA or whoever". This is not a gov funded website.

It started as a small website and forum many years ago with a couple of dedicated members and it has slowly grown from that. ATS did not become a HUGE site over night. It took many years and the hard work and dedication of many of the members who do this out of love for this website and conspiracy discussion. None of the staff get paid for what they do, and the money generated by advertising is barely enough to cover the expenses of running the website.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   
you think they got bigger fish to fry huh?

you dont think its possible they want to manipulate peoples opinions?

you dont think there are government secrets that exist that people know about one way or the other?

Have you ever seen some of the first hand knowledge that the administrators come up with?

my suggestion to you hill billy biker would be to do some more fact finding and reading and a little less rubber necking at those biker rallys if you want to get at what is really going on
unless of course your one of there dupes?

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Amok: "do you really think they give a (c) if you think the Moon is hollow or Bigfoot and Elvis are Gay Lovers in Atlantis?"

That's classic.
I thought bigfoot was Bi.

As to the topic, they are aware of ATS, but they would never shut it down. Why? That would drive it underground where they would have a hard time finding people who actually think, and WHAT they think.

BTW, I'd be more worried about the NSA than the CIA or FBI.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   
In no way is the government running ATS. I think some of them do come over here, mostly to learn what's going on themselves.

Although, with some of the frivolous posting you see, maybe they are trying to sidetrack us???

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   

my suggestion to you hill billy biker would be to do some more fact finding and reading and a little less rubber necking at those biker rallys if you want to get at what is really going on

Well my little four eyed geek buddy, since we are on such a friendly basis here, I was working with and doing the dirty work of this Government when you were still in diapers. Most of what I have seen hear is laughable although a few do seem to have an idea of what is 'going on" but you my little geek are not one of them.

I just do not buy into the pariniod fantisies that those with a computer and no life weave to make themselves feel more important than they really are.

The government has choppers in my backyard

The government is following me

the government is tapping my phone

Give me a break, if you knew what a hassle that # really was you would know that they would not waste there time on a piss-ant like you.

Have a nice day and I will tell your mother hi at the next rally

[Edited on 20-3-2004 by Amuk]

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
Why is it that every couple of weeks we get some nutjob here posting the same thing: "I think ATS is a Gov funded website run by the CIA/NSA or whoever".

HEY! I resemble that remark! And you have no idea!

I'm just going to go down the list:

Dear Virtually_Armed,

Both the CIA and the FBI know about this site. I told them. You should be happy you have such dedicated men and women peering over your shoulder... watching you be naughty.

Dear Quango,

You are a keen observer of the obvious. We are all useful tools.

Dear Banshee,

Please track this guy down and administer to him the well-placed chairshot that he deserves.

P.S. You're cute when you get angry.

Dear WatcherOfTheSkies,

You are correct. This post is irritating. Not as irritating as mine, because at least mine was good. The only thing I can think of that would be more irritating is sitting down on a cancer laden hypodermic needle!

Dear Ocelot,

Actually, this site did get huge overnite. It became huge as soon as I showed up.

Dear, WatcherOfTheSkies,

Don't be mean to rubbernecking hillbillies. They're liable to forget what it was they were doing here.

Dear Intrepid,

How's the work on Card coming? You still in on this? Oh, and by the way, most primates are bi. Don't ask me how I know that...

Anyhooo...

That was about the most fun I've had all day, but it's early yet. I think I've just increased the value of this thread 100%. Yeah, all the way up to ZERO!

And VA, by your logic, if a government agency knew about this site, and they would shut it down because they knew about it, and this site is owned by a government agency, wouldn't they have shut it down because they knew about it?

I love circular logic...
DeltaChaos

[Edited on 21-3-2004 by DeltaChaos]

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   
sounds like there is definitely some inflated ego's here with a lot of spare time

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by watcheroftheskies
sounds like there is definitely some inflated ego's here with a lot of spare time

Uhh please Explain.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
They currently have me working the straight night shift, and I tend to get a little giddy when I get off work. I promise I'll do something worthwhile soon, maybe.

DC

Ocelot- that Avatar is one of the nicest ones I've seen yet. I needs ta gets me somodem skillz!

[Edited on 20-3-2004 by DeltaChaos]

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
if that needs explaining i cant help you

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by watcheroftheskies
if that needs explaining i cant help you

LMAO!! true.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
According to an old post, certain information has been removed and/or such action was requested. "They" have definitely paid attention to ATS. It's not as absurd as it may sound.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Don't be mean to rubbernecking hillbillies. They're liable to forget what it was they were doing here.

Usually just having a good laugh although if you take the time to weed through the crackpots I have found some pretty intelingent people to talk to.

Which is kinda hard to come by in the backwoods.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Actually, 'hillbillies' are some of the most genuine people I've met. In the military, you get a lot of guys from the Ozarks, the bayou, savannha... generally backwoods, country types.

Maybe not the most booksmart, but lots of common sence and a very low tolerance for BS. And damn they can shoot!

DC

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join