It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the difference between Palin and Muslim fundamentalists? Lipstick

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   

What's the difference between Palin and Muslim fundamentalists? Lipstick

www.salon.com

Sept. 9, 2008 | John McCain announced that he was running for president to confront the "transcendent challenge" of the 21st century, "radical Islamic extremism," contrasting it with "stability, tolerance and democracy." But the values of his handpicked running mate, Sarah Palin, more resemble those of Muslim fundamentalists than they do those of the Founding Fathers. On censorship, the teaching of creationism in schools, reproductive rights, attributing government policy to God's will and climate change, Palin agrees with Hamas and Saudi Arabia rather than supporting tolerance and democratic precepts. What is the difference between Palin and a Muslim fundamentalist? Lipstick.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
When it comes to people trying to push their religious beliefs down your throat against your will... it doesn't matter what religion they are... they are WRONG.

The whole separation of church and state clause was inserted to keep people like these from shoving their beliefs on everybody else.

And who asked for that clause to be inserted into the Bill of Rights? the Baptists... who were under attack by the Episcipals at the time.

www.salon.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10-9-2008 by grover]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Meh, she's with The Church of God, her thoughts have been twisted by that church, just like Obama's have been twisted by his. Church and state should always be separate...but I wouldn't call her an extremist per se, she's more like Mike Huckabee than she is a Muslim Extremist...Fundamentalist..yes...extremist, no...those are two different things. Frankly I'm scared if either one of these candidates win, both lead to less freedom...and that's the number one job of the President imo...to preserve freedom...at home.

I don't think any candidate should be able to use their faith to get votes, to me, it's no different than using your race or gender to get votes...

[edit on 10-9-2008 by yellowcard]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I am not anti-religious by any stretch of the imigination, far from it.... I am just adamently opposed to imposing what is essentially an extremely private matter... one's approach to the divine... on anyone else.

When everything is said and done your relationship to the Universal (whether you call it God or not) is the most private thing a person can do... it is even more private than sex... because even with sex; unless you are masturbating, there is always (at least) one other... when you approach the divine... it is you and your soul... alone.

In the face of that truth any attempt to force religious or spiritual beliefs on anyone is blasphemy.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
I am not anti-religious by any stretch of the imigination, far from it.... I am just adamently opposed to imposing what is essentially an extremely private matter... one's approach to the divine... on anyone else.

When everything is said and done your relationship to the Universal (whether you call it God or not) is the most private thing a person can do... it is even more private than sex... because even with sex; unless you are masturbating, there is always (at least) one other... when you approach the divine... it is you and your soul... alone.

In the face of that truth any attempt to force religious or spiritual beliefs on anyone is blasphemy.

I agree with you, religion should be left out of politics completely, it's sickening...but even so, I think this article is a bit unfair...and I do believe that religion plays a very important role in people's lives and that should never be undermined....but, there are times when you need to set it aside and be Universalist...which I consider myself.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
It probably is unfair... still people need to be made aware of these right wing extremists. So much stink was rasied about what the Rev. Wright had to say and most of the odor was caused by white conservatives (I am white but certainly not conservative) who cannot stand to hear what black America often thinks of white America. But there is little squacking about the extremist views of this woman's pastor... a man who wondered out loud in church whether Democrats and people who voted against bush minor would be allowed into heaven at all.

THAT is blasphemy in my book and profoundly obscene.

new topics

top topics

join