It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

poltergeist?

page: 1
1

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
well this is my story in my old house i usually heard dishes being sorted at 12 at night when no one was at home. i also heard taps go on and off downstairs and i also saw a shadow ghost all in that one house. i recently moved to a new house and i was in my room near my bed and all of a sudden my remote control flew right off my bed (king size) and it was in the middle so i am clueless and quite scarred does anyone know how to get rid of this ghost or whatever it is please and i usually hear weird sounds at night no its not the wind or loose pipes or a common thing im quite scarred thank you for listening




posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Its usually said that ghosts haunt buildings while poltergeists haunt people! In some of the investigations I've conducted I've found the best way to bring the activity to a halt is get the focus of the polt (that would be you) to stop being scared of it. In all the cases I've looked at the tenser the atmosphere in the house the more activity takes place. Bring about a more relaxed air and the activity starts to cease.
It doesn't matter whether you want to believe that what you have is a spirit or is some exterialisation of your subconscious, if you can ease the tension it will stop, I promise you.



posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
if ever you feel scared, my grandma (who is a spiritualist/medium/heaps of other related things) says just picture yourself in a completely white place, and say in your mind over and over something like "if you are not here to guide or help me then you are NOT WELCOME, LEAVE HERE NOW". be firm, what ever it is will get the picture.
hope that helps and good luck.



posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by piero
well this is my story in my old house i usually heard dishes being sorted at 12 at night when no one was at home. i also heard taps go on and off downstairs and i also saw a shadow ghost all in that one house. i recently moved to a new house and i was in my room near my bed and all of a sudden my remote control flew right off my bed (king size) and it was in the middle so i am clueless and quite scarred does anyone know how to get rid of this ghost or whatever it is please and i usually hear weird sounds at night no its not the wind or loose pipes or a common thing im quite scarred thank you for listening


Well its not bothering you directly so why try and fix something that isn't broken?
Flying remote and clanking dishes isn't exactly traumatizing.
Has there been any other experiences that were bad for you?
Anything serious?



posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevo351
if ever you feel scared, my grandma (who is a spiritualist/medium/heaps of other related things) says just picture yourself in a completely white place, and say in your mind over and over something like "if you are not here to guide or help me then you are NOT WELCOME, LEAVE HERE NOW". be firm, what ever it is will get the picture.
hope that helps and good luck.


I would second this suggestion. Most times that will be enough to help you protect yourself from dark spirits that may be malevolent in nature.

If you find this doesn't work well enough for you to feel comfortable, I would recommend you consider having the house blessed by clergy of your chosen faith.



posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by piero
 


Your imagination is a powerful thing. You suspect the house to be haunted, and so you attribute everything that could be explained by the poltergeist as being as such, instead of employing rationality and discounting all evidence that can have more mundane explanations. Taps and other sounds from houses at night is far from uncommon. As for a shadow person, well, I'm assuming you saw a shadow, if indeed you saw anything. If you have any evidence other than it being a shadow, I'd love to hear.



posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Stevo, have you seen the dishes moving or anything else moving or are you just hearing them? Just curious....
I witnessed a poltergeist incident when I was 8 or 9 years old where dishes, knives, forks, you name it, were forcefully sailing out of cupboards and drawers and smashing against the adjacent wall. This happened at my friend's house. She was absolutely terrified and ran to my house to get me to go to her house to see for myself. I will never forget what was going on in that room for the rest of my life. Needless to say, I never entered her house again! I can understand your fear and hope that things resolve for you. I agree that "trying" to follow the suggestions from the other posts. Good luck!!



posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
well the shadow man you can google it if you dont know what it is. it was this pitch black tall man with a sherlock sorta hat and boots you couldent see his face body nothing! it was just pitch black this happend when i was walking up stairs and it was daylight aswell and it came outta nowhere then 2 seconds later GONE that traumatised me maybe not the other stuff but guys btw my doors outta nowhere open and close when all windows,doors everything is closed and when theres nowind it still does it no its definatly NOT my imagination when im compleatly calm i hear some freaky sh** that is definatly not the average mistaken thing for a ghost sound or whatever you call it

thanks for the replies everyone i really appriciate it its my first post on ATS



posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by piero
 


As far as i am lead to belive from various sources throughout the internet, a poltergeist is actually something in which you manifest from your own mind using the ability called psychokinesis. You should cross reference the words poltergeist and psycokinesis on a google search, and see what kind of results you come across. I think it could possibly quite interest you.



posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Originally posted by interestingg

Well its not bothering you directly so why try and fix something that isn't broken?
Flying remote and clanking dishes isn't exactly traumatizing.


Exactly. And the more piero thinks about it the worse it will get. Polterghosts are attention seekers because they need a energy, and they get it through making you to think about them.
We had a ghost baby that wasen't a polterghost but it started making crying noises (which others by the way heard) when my mum was thinking about her pregnancy. It stopped when she figured out the connection, and used this knowledge.

But if it becomes hard to ignore stevo351 has given some great advice. Mintwithahole is probably right about reducing tension. Something that chucks a wond sounds pritty irritated-annoyed; there must be some reason for its "energy" at your point in time.



new topics

top topics



 
1

log in

join