Newsweek - Sliming Palin

page: 1

join

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I haven't seen this posted yet, if I missed it mods please close.

With all the craze that is Governor Palin, numerous claims and accusations have been circling the internet and MSM, in this Newsweek article which was printed with permission from factcheck.org, alot of these claims are addressed.

www.newsweek.com
Summary
We've been flooded for the past few days with queries about dubious Internet postings and mass e-mail messages making claims about McCain's running mate, Gov. Palin. We find that many are completely false, or misleading.

Palin did not cut funding for special needs education in Alaska by 62 percent. She didn't cut it at all. In fact, she tripled per-pupil funding over just three years.

She did not demand that books be banned from the Wasilla library. Some of the books on a widely circulated list were not even in print at the time. The librarian has said Palin asked a "What if?" question, but the librarian continued in her job through most of Palin's first term.

I haven't heard anything negative concerning factcheck, if anyone has something that challenges their credibility please provide a link, it is getting very difficult these days to know who has an agenda and who doesn't.

A whirlwind of info, like many of you I am looking for the plain truth...

Give me bland, black & white, just the facts...

and SaveTheDrama

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Unfortunately this is 20th century politics. The same kinds of 'sliming' have been leveled at everyone else. Look at what they did to Ron Paul. And there are truckloads of this crap against Obama. Do an ATS search on Obama and look at the issues that were brought up here.

I think politicians, to some degree, bring this on themselves. They make statements that are half-truths to make themselves look better. Take the 'eBay jet' story. Not a lie. But not the truth either.

It's a sad, sad state of affairs.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Agreed, I for one just dismiss the garbage and try not to be distracted by the obvious attacks or smear attempts.

I was disappointed with the eBay / Jet reference as well, I guess just telling the whole truth is a thing of the past...

not flashy enough for primetime..

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
It's the same ol same ol mudpit politics. Sans the fast boat fiasco.
I was very proud of Obama keeping it clean. He took the high road in my opinion.
I believe the er lipstick thing was over the top.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Sen. Obama has been looking a little frazzled of late, I would think his team would help him more, and try and keep him from making headlines for statements like he made yesterday.

While the quips played well to his audience, he/they(campaign), have to know that it is not the room he is speaking to...

It's the country...

Reminds me of the McCain gaffe while talking to the Vets, with the BeachBoys Bomb Iran gaffe.

Silly mistakes, which will be POUNCED upon.

Case in point. McCain campaign already has a new ad with the Obama gaffe, those who choose to get their information in 30 second snippets will probably have their "jaws drop".

In reality it was a poor choice of words that's all.

Oops. I went off-topic.

Any thoughts on the factcheck info from the article?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Through out my life 45 now. I have always always always found my mouth sooner or later to trip me.
I agree with the frustrated point. He's been wiping at his forehead alot lately, he's not the cool cucumber he was.
Euphanism, old saying or not. He just disenchanted a broad range of female voters. Not good.
When sitting in on a quarterly board meeting I find it best to say just enough at just the right time and cut it.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I guess you just don't get noticed in life or in politics until you pull out the Jerry Springer handbook.

I believe he may feel he may be languishing in obscurity.

Personally, I try to fly under the radar as much as possible because I know I can screw up a dry dream.

[edit on 9/10/2008 by jpm1602]

new topics
top topics

join

ATS Live Reality Remix IS ON-AIR! (there are 2 minutes remaining).
ATS Live Radio Presents - Reality Remix Live SE6 EP6

atslive.com

hi-def

low-def