It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Southern Iran hit by Earthquake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Southern Iran hit by Earthquake

news.bbc.co.uk

An earthquake measuring 6.1 has struck southern Iran, the US Geological Service has said.

It hit at 0630 (1100 GMT), west-south-west of Bandar Abbas, home of a major oil refinery, about 55 kilometres (35 miles) below ground, the agency said.

There were no immediate reports of casualties or damage.

Iran has been struck by several severe quakes in recent years, the deadliest in 2003, when 25,000 people died in a 6.7 quake in the ancient city of Bam.

Iran straddles a major geological fault line, making it particularly prone to earth tremors.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
earthquake.usgs.gov

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
The news on this is only surfacing now, USGS says only 6.1 but according to BBC news 24 Iranian officials are saying it's stronger. Now I know that conspiracy theorists will likely come with the HAARP idea but it seems to be in a remote location so surely a HAARP attack there would be worthless ?

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Discotech

Pffft HARP, thats old news!

Obviously this Large Hadron Collider is a front for a NEW directional earthquake weapon!!! And they aimed it right at Iran.....WW3 Has BEGUN!! TITOR, NOSTRADAMUS and the rest all of their prophecies have come true!!!

THE END IS NIGH!!!

sarcasm off.....

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Oh man you beat me to it i was about to say the same thing LHC did it

But all joking aside i hope that no one has lost their life,they have enough problems over in Iran with out being killed by a dam earth quake

Peace and love

[edit on 10-9-2008 by duffster]

new topics

top topics

join