It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good article on "End of Science"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   
If this summary is anything to go by i have seen worse ramblings about the 'end of science'. Either way i think this quote by Winston Churchill sums up my feelings about the idea of a 'end' of 'major' discoveries quite well.

“This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.”

Winston Churchill

PS: And for those of you who doesn't know he said shortly after the second battle of El Alamein; not after the battle of Britain.

Stellar

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I have a single example of what can happen at some point in time. I don't claim to know any particular point, but one does exist already.

Classical Optics is done and dealt with. According to researchers there is nothing left, everything in it is discovered already. No more laws to find, they can explain bends of light et cetera in this field.

There are other areas of optics though where there still are things to discover. This gets us back at my original argument. Classical optics is also a fundamental level of science, from there comes applied sciences in this field. In those, there's a lot to learn, but in this fundamental level, there isn't.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I think we need Truthers in science... somehow the government
and handouts from granters (like rich people who sell oil and
make obnoxious movies and entertainment) want science liars.

The WTC melted... are they stuck on mk-ultra Wizard of Oz.
Who are they fooling.

Engineering has not take over the Atomic era as Tesla had shown.

"Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to
his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for
which I have really worked, is mine." (Nikola Tesla)

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by sardion2000

Ah the rhetoric of a linearalist. They usually pop up in droves just before big discoveries happen and they all look like asses after the fact.

I absolutely agree with this. The laws of physics are starting to look shaky. New discoveries are making it look like all our best theories have holes or flaws in them. In biology, apart from the map of the brain someone talked about earlier, we're just breaking the surface of a whole range of disciplines that will enable us to properly understand how we function as organisms. Most of what we're finding out nowadays is how much we still don't know.

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

In that case you really need to read The secret life of plants.

Jab aside, I agree with this post completely, there is much we do not know and science has made many a wrong turn and gone up several dead end streets.

My personal feeling is we will have new discoverys in Physics, with the electric universe model coming up to top, and this changes everything, as I suspect it's a conscious matrix, not just am inert background. Another area which needs some evolution is the human sciences, as psychology needs to be taken down a notch as a lot of chemically treated psychological ailments are just healthy reactions to an unhealthy society, medicine needs to realise more so than it has already there's an energy being to be treated and that also the mind reflects on the efficiency of treatment and economy needs to adapt to the economics of abundance, if we can get out of fiat currency systems and into free energy economies.

And of course we've crossed swords over agriculture in another thread. I believe science will validate traditional organic agriculture, once it realises how scientific it's systems really are and how much it can achieve.

[edit on 13-9-2008 by Zepherian]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Zepherian

In that case you really need to read The secret life of plants.

Are you going to follow me around from thread to thread promoting that silly book?

I said the laws of physics were looking a bit shaky. I didn't mean that they were to be thrown down in order that we might embrace a heap of pullulating pseudoscience. I'm talking about issues like the problem of constants, the question of quantum gravity, the dark matter problem, the disturbingly accurate predictions of MOND, and so on.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

And so am I. And I'm not following you around, I had posted in and am subscribed to this thread, get over yourself

Plus, calling a book silly without reading it is the sign of a closed mind.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join