It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please READ this for YOUR SAFTEY - A Must Read

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Hi folks, i recently received this email from a friend, and I'm not too sure what
to make of it.

This story is said to be True, well be warned if it is. NOT NICE!
This is a true story, it has been confirmed, the Medical Centre phone
number at the end of this story is real.

This guy went out on a Saturday night a few weeks ago to a party. He was having a good time and had a couple of beers and some girls seemed to like him & invited him to go to another party. He quickly agreed & decided to go along with her. She took him to a party in some apartment and they continued to drink, & even got involved with some drug unknown).

The next thing he knew, he woke up completely naked in a bathtub filled
with ice. He was still feeling the effects of the drugs, but looked
around to see he was alone.

He looked down at his chest, which had CALL 000 or YOU'LL DIE' written
on it with lipstick. He saw a phone was on a stand next to the tub so he
picked it up & dialled. He explained to the EMS operator what the
situation was & that he didn't know where he was, what he took, or why
he was really calling. She advised him to get out of the tub. He did,
and he appeared normal, so she told him to check his back. He did, he found two 9 inch slits on his lower back. She told him to get back into
the tub immediately, and they sent a rescue team over. Apparently,
after being examined, he found out more of what had happened. His
kidneys were stolen. They were worth $10,000 each on the black market.

Several guesses are in order: The people involved had to be at least
medical students & it was not just recreational drugs he was given.
Regardless, he is currently in the hospital on a life support, awaiting
a spare kidney. The University of Sydney in conjunction with the Royal Prince Alfred hospital is conducting tissue research to match the victim with a donor. I wish to warn you about a new crime ring that is targeting business travellers. This ring is well organized and well funded, has very skilled personnel & is currently operating in most major cities around the world and recently very active in Sydney . The crime begins when a business traveller goes to a lounge for a drink at the end of the work day. A person in the bar walks up as they sit alone and offers to buy them a drink. The last thing the traveller remembers until they wake up in a hotel room bathtub, their body submerged to their neck in ice, is sipping that drink. There is a note taped to the wall instructing them not to move and to call 000.

A phone is on the small table next to the bathtub for them to call. The business traveller calls 000 who have been quite familiar with this crime. The business traveller is instructed by the 000 operator to very slowly and carefully reach behind them and feel there is a tube protruding from the back. The business traveller finds the tube and answers 'YES'. The 000 operator tells them to remain still, having already sent paramedics to help. The Operator knows that both of the traveller's kidneys had been harvested.

This is not a scam or out of science fiction novel. It is real. It is
documented and confirmable. If you travel or someone close to you
travels, please be careful. Sadly, this is very true. My friend's
husband is a Sydney EMT and they have received alerts regarding this
crime ring. It is to be taken very seriously. The daughter of a friend
of a fire-fighter had this happen to her. Skilled doctors are performing
these crimes! (which, by the way have been highly noted in the Brisbane
area). Additionally, the military has received alerts regarding this.

I REALLY WANT AS MANY PEOPLE TO SEE THIS AS POSSIBLE SO PLEASE BOUNCE THIS TO WHOEVER YOU CAN.
Another story.....

I was approached yesterday afternoon around 3.30 pm in the Coles Parking
lot at Noranda by two males, asking what kind of perfume I was wearing.
Then they asked if I'd like to sample some fabulous Scent they were
willing to sell me at a very reasonable rate. I probably would have
agreed had I not received an email some weeks go, warning of this
scam. The men continued to stand between parked cars, I guess to wait for
someone else to hit on. I stopped a lady going towards them, I pointed
at them and told her about how I was sent an email at Work about someone
walking up to you at the malls, in parking lots, and asking you to sniff
perfume that they are selling at a cheap price.

THIS IS NOT PERFUME - IT IS ETHER! When you sniff it, you'll pass out
and they'll take your wallet, your valuables, and heaven knows what
else. If it were not for this email, I probably would have sniffed the
'perfume', but thanks to the generosity of an emailing friend, I was
spared whatever might Have happened to me, and wanted to do the same for
you. These guys hit Sydney And Melbourne 2 weeks ago and now they are
doing it in Perth and Queensland ......

Ok... now its very disturbing to think that this is going on, but what do folks think

(removed personal info)

[edit on 16-9-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
The stolen kidneys story has been around for a long time. I am pretty sure it has been debunked, but even if it has... you need to be aware of what is going on when taking drugs with strangers. You may not get your kidneys stolen, but about a million other bad things could happen. It just seems like a bad idea.

And your other story, well... again use common sense. People don't sell perfume in parking lots. If they do, you probably don't want to wear it. As a matter of fact, I can't think of anything that people sell in a parking lot that isn't a scam.

There are some other disturbing "Ether Bunny" stories out there too.

Both cases are good examples of why you need to be aware of your surroundings and use common sense.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Excuse my ignorance but if I'm wrong I'll gladly admit it..
If someone removes both your kidneys, don't you die in a very short time?
People die of kidney failure without medical intervention very quickly. How could you survive in a bathtub of ice, without getting hypothermia, and be aware enough to make a phone call?
Sounds WAY too fishy to me.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I have read both of these stories over the years via my inbox, and have looked them up on snopes.com

Kidney story, there are different variations but I haven't found one to be true yet. snopes kidney...

As for the ether/perfume one, this one is also listed as false. snopes perfume...

A_L

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Exactly the case- this case makes no sense medically lol.

All that would happen if you were put in an ice bath without kidneys is that you would die of hypothermia.

I think Snopes covered this, thoroughly debunked.

What is real however, is the trade in organs. I read that poor farmers in the third world are being paid up to $4000 for a kidney. To be honest, that seems like a decent trade to me, considering the average annual income is about $200. Its a good deal for both, regardless of the dubious ethics involved.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

What is real however, is the trade in organs. I read that poor farmers in the third world are being paid up to $4000 for a kidney. To be honest, that seems like a decent trade to me, considering the average annual income is about $200. Its a good deal for both, regardless of the dubious ethics involved.

Exactly. It is my belief that people, and not just in third world countries, are possibly being murdered just for their organs. Especially if they are of a rare blood group. Can I prove it? No. But nothing would surprise me.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Even drinks at a club/bar need to be carefully monitored. Don't go to the bathroom and let them sit unattended.
I had to discipline someone once at work. The next week towards the end of the day I began to feel a fog and woozy. He spiked my coffee which I believe was laced with hgh or some kind of chemical.
I barely made it home before calling police. It was kind of subdued and thought I just might be coming down with something. But on the way home it was all I could do to keep my eyes open.
Lack of evidence could not warrant arrest.

[edit on 9/10/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
A contemporary urban myth I think.If they tried to take my kidneys they'd get a BOGOF as I've got three.Lived near Sellafield most of my life so LOL or we could do a deal new boobs for my kidneys-just a thought.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Someones been watching Urban Legend
Decent B horror movie from the 90s.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I cant believe that people still think email hoaxes designed to harvest email address's for spam lists are real.
It really amazes me.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
This hoax started in 1997 in New Orleans. It has done its rounds. Perhaps it has SOME or a little truth based on people selling their organs. However, i think it is more urban legend than anything else.

This particular story is a hoax though.

Read it here

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
in india people are legally selling a kidney, happens lots over there and they get ripped off not getting the amount they agreed on.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I don't buy the one about the guy in the tub of ice with both kidneys missing - he would die very quickly without them. The one about the perfume, that I believe might have happened, I heard about it somewhere sometime back. One of the reasons I stay home a lot, it just isn't safe out there. I entertain myself with computer, TV, Movies, family and friends that I trust. I don't even feel right in the grocery store sometimes, have had a couple of people come up to me acting and talking very strangely. Take good care out there - be safe!

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I heard some time ago female organs are more valuable on the black market. I can't prove it, of course, but it's an interesting theory nonetheless.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Time to label this as a
]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] HOAX [[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[

This is all old news.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
If the stories turn out to be false, the moral remains true. Be aware of your surroundings, don't drink with strangers, don't sample dodgy parking lot perfume. Done and done.
Just to clarify, organ stealing/ trafficking does occur and is no myth.

Trafficking in organs, tissues and cells and trafficking in human beings for the purpose of the removal of organs

new topics

top topics

join