It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electronic smog \\

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Electronic smog \\

tinyurl.com

Mobile phones, Wi-Fi systems, electric power lines and similar sources of \"electrosmog\" are disrupting nature on a massive scale, causing birds and bees to lose their bearings, fail to reproduce and die, a conference will be told this week.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
It\'s sickening how in just a few years time, man has screwed up
the Earth\'s natural balance. Chemical pollution isn\'t enough. Now
electronic pollution is rampant.
Man is lost.

(I threw away my cell phone about a year ago.)

tinyurl.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Yah.. maybe you should boycott the electrosmog by throwing away that cell phone and computer...
Those birds and bees better evolve soon, or they will end up going the way of the dinosaur.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by lw2525

Yes, there is so much interference on a physical, mental and psychical level it is a wonder we all don't scream from toxic overload.
Strange lights, sounds and weird animal behaviour all around the world should sound alarm bells in every human on this planet.
But alas, we are an apathetic lot and it just falls on deaf ears.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by mapsurfer_

I think it's us who may end up going the way of the dinosaur.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by lw2525
reply to post by mapsurfer_

I think it's us who may end up going the way of the dinosaur.

*Perhaps* you are correct, but most likely not because of Electrosmog. In the big scheme of things, there are many thing which could cause global catastrophe or extinction of humanity... Everything has a risk factor involved... I am all for a cleaner environment, however I do not really consider Electrosmog to be a serious risk. Carbon Dioxide/Emissions, radioactive contamination, a rogue asteroid, global warming, pollution, etc any of which would cause humanities demise. Maybe future generations will be more conscious of environmental impact.
Every cause has an effect.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Has anyone thought this could be an effort to keep us low tech? To battle the information age and try and keep the status quo?

I am open to the possibility that there is a negative effect in electromagnetic smog, but I suspect that these are loaded studies in some regard, as the information age is not being kind on the world's elites.

Also, at least the Bee thing seems to have a more plausible link to industrial chemicals found in pesticides... We have tons of wifi networks here, and I've noticed no change in bird habits or indeed insect habits, apart from a low number of bees.

I'm keeping an eye on this, but not believing the spin, for now.

Now, cell phone usage does probably have a detrimental effect on humans, but that's another thread.

We need good scientific studies on this, the problem in this lie ridden world is finding good honest scientists of the non mad genocidal variety.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   
has anyone on ats ever saw a bird fall out the sky while flying past any mobile phone masts, or relay masts/ towers?

i sure havent, im no twitcher, but i like watchign birda, and one thing i have seen many many times is birds roosting on these towers and flying about as usual.

this seems like more doooooooom... i suppose the LHC worked, they need something else to scare us into submission.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I find the people within the group sponsoring the research to be a little interesting. The Radiation Research Trust seems to have some intriguing people of a not scientific background.

In reading the article, power lines are brought up. This has been looked into from the 1960's with literally 100's if not 1000's of lawsuits within the USA. Everything from noise pollution to health concerns to environmental damage of any number of reasons. This is just old news on the part of the research.

To me, it looks like a group wanting to roll back progress or make technology stand still at current levels with some removal of "dangerous" electromagnetic producing equipment. This means modern communication systems.

Unfortunately, it's people who usually have good intentions that make the worst decisions. Groups such as this can finance people that can force reform through the legislation that place their agenda on the masses.

Everything cited within the research placing blame on electronic smog for bee colony collapse, also have other researchers placing blame on other sources from virus infections, bacterial infections, to mites. Birds disappearing can also be linked to changes in architectural designs of buildings to something as simple as people not putting food out for birds and they have left areas for better feeding grounds. Also modern air driven smog has been cited as a factor in driving off populations of birds, to again something as simple as a growing population of stray dogs and cats eating smaller birds and the food chain has changed within certain geographical areas.

Placing the blame of something requires more than a political agenda, but solid scientific research by people of independent funding. Here's the real problem.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
This article claims that cell phone RF has been ruled out as a factor in colony collapse.

www.buzzle.com...

new topics

top topics

join