It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did anyone else wake up at a really random time last night?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I usually sleep through the night unless one of my animals makes some strange sound or I have a weird dream. Last night I woke up around 2:40 am (CST). I felt really weird and anxious, and thought I heard some weird low hum.

It is now 4:36 am, and I have yet to fall back asleep. My alarm will go off at 6 anyway, so I have given up trying.

I was trying to go back to sleep, but I was too anxious, and the weird noise (hum) was bothering me, and I was lying there in the dark wondering when they were turning on the Large Hadron Collider. I actually said to myself that I wouldn't be surprised if I learned that it came on between 2 and 3 am (my time).

Well, when my husband got up to go to work, I decided to get online and see if it had been turned on yet. CNN reported that it had been turned on at 7:32 GMT. I did not know how that converted to CST, so I looked on some websites that converted it for me. Sure enough... 2:32 am where I am.

Now, I am pretty sensitive to electromagnetic waves or whatever you want to call it. For example, if you turn off the TV by using the cable remote, the TV goes off, but I can still hear that it's on because it makes this horrible hum. My husband and father can't hear it, but my mom and aunt can. I also hate going in Bestbuy, because my stomach feels queasy and I feel anxious. I really think it might be all of the electronics.

I might be wrong about electromagnetic waves, and I might be wrong about time zone conversion. I am a lawyer, and I don't really need to know a lot about either. I have also never been a science person...

Is my theory possible? Did anyone else wake up around the same time that the LHC was turned on? If I am right, am I screwed out of a good night's sleep forever now?

Think I'll ponder it over some waffles.

Edited to add: Mods, I put this in Skunkworks because I think it's kind of a crazy theory (although not the craziest one I have seen on here). Please move it, if you feel there is a more appropriate place for it. Thanks!

[edit on 10-9-2008 by TheHypnoToad]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I woke up in the middle of the night last night. My Dogs were going crazy running all around and making lots of noise. I think it was around 3 or 4 am. Not usually like them to be up and running around this early. I deffinitly think the particle acellerator could be the cause.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Is there any machines running in your home if not it is the silence that is making you hear a low hum it always happens to me during a power failure

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by peacejet
Is there any machines running in your home if not it is the silence that is making you hear a low hum it always happens to me during a power failure

Nothing out of the ordinary running, although I readily admit that I do not really know what is normal. We are staying at my in-laws' right now while they are out of town. My house has not had electricity since freaking Hurricane Gustav.

I am so tired of those damn hurricanes. I am thinking about starting a thread to get suggestions on where to move!

[edit on 10-9-2008 by TheHypnoToad]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChilledVoodoo
I woke up in the middle of the night last night. My Dogs were going crazy running all around and making lots of noise. I think it was around 3 or 4 am. Not usually like them to be up and running around this early. I deffinitly think the particle acellerator could be the cause.

One of my dogs was awake with me, and she was kind of restless. My older dog didn't wake up until the other one rolled off of the bed and landed on her. My cats were acting weird, too.

My husband slept like a freaking rock... Of course!

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Yes, I woke up twice last night/this morning, however that's the norm for me. I don't know why..... it has been so for as long as I can remember -- always wake up fully awake at least twice, go back to sleep easily.

I hear you about the hurricanes -- we're still repairing here in the Caribbean from Gustav as well, and Ike gave us a close enough brush to pretty much alter the past two days as well. Still very noisy seas, plus my ears have been ringing for most of my life, so I doubt I'd hear anything in a low hum range.

At least with hurricanes, we all get some warning and can adapt to the situation; when we lived in earthquakeland, the 'quakes were less frequent, but far more terrifying. Seems like everywhere has some natural disaster in the works. Hope you all get it put back together soon. I have a buddy lives in the Houma area who is also still without power. It would appear -- at least from outside -- that the governmental responses were considerably better than last time.

Back to your OP, the change in behavior of your animals in addition to your own responses is interesting. I do believe animals can detect or sense things that humans have lost the ability to detect. I know that any oddball behavior of our pets will put us both on alert.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I live no where near you, but my cats kept me up all night, acting strange, even jumping up on top of cupboards, and they smashed a collage of family photos.
I was thoroughly not impressed, yet puzzled. They are young though, and I thought maybe the change of season.
As for me..a bit of insomnia around midnight..couldn't sleep till around 2am.
Sorry to hear about your home..hope you get back there soon. Then you will feel more comfortable.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
I live no where near you, but my cats kept me up all night, acting strange, even jumping up on top of cupboards, and they smashed a collage of family photos.

What time zone are you in though? Do you mind converting it to see how it relates to GMT? I am interested in seeing how many people this might have happened to.

Sorry to hear about your home..hope you get back there soon. Then you will feel more comfortable.

Thanks so much! That is sweet. I don't know about comfortable though. I am going to fix up the minor things wrong with it and put a sign out front. I am done with these storms. I already started a thread in BTS asking for suggestions on where to live!

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TheHypnoToad

My time zone is Eastern Standard time. I believe I'm two or three hours ahead of you.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I live in Slidell, LA and I woke up at a random time last night, not sure what time though, sorry. I felt something drop on my pillow, but when I woke up nothing was there. I looked through my sheets and under the bed but found nothing.

Also, I was aboutside about 10 mins ago and saw a bright star fall from the sky, anyone else out outside around 10ish and saw it too?

join