It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Close The Door To Pee? :O

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by kacou
Never closed the door when i was a child, never closed the door when i was a teenage, and never close the door now at 45.
I am glade to see that I am not the only one with this habit.
Kacou.

I have a feeling that there will be a disproporstionate amount of "Door Opened" posts on this thread just because the "Door Closed" are uptight and will mostlikely take shock to the question being asked as is the case above.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Do You Close The Door To Pee?
What a pointless stupid irrelevant question.
This shouldn't even be a thread.
It should be taken outside and slowly dismembered.
Don't they have silly sites for this kind of thing like yahoo answers?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   
At home alone: NO
At home with gf: NO
At home with guests: YES
Public places: YES

I DO however, having been brought up my a woman alone, ALWAYS sit down on the toilet at home, regardless what I wish to deposit.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Interestinggg

Uh, not really. It's a question of human behavior, not a personal fetish or curiosity. Clearly you didn't even read my post, unbunch your panties and chill out.

The way it was explained to me is that it's a left over natural instinct to do this thereby protecting one's self from predators or attack from another person while you're at your most vulnerable. I thought it was somewhat interesting as I've always done this without thinking.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Interestinggg

Sorry if I annoyed you in any way.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Yes. Even home alone. But we dont have a lock - eeep

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Couldnt help but laugh at your tread

But reminded me of sumthing Gluetrap lightly touched on earlier...

I think its a form of neuroticism brought on by our programming. If we were taught as children that closing the loo door was the best and only way...years later, it would part of our "instinctual" behaviour, no questions asked (Or no further case by case analysis would be required!)

It's like the age old question...do we develop arachnophobia, because it's a fear learnt on in this life time..or is it one of those instinctual forces ingrained in our DNA from our cavemen forefarthers??

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
No, I don't close the door.

I have such a long "thing" I have to stand in the hallway

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Most of the time, I don't close the door even if my husband is home.

Did you know that 4 large dogs can fit into a pretty small bathroom if they try?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Most of the time, I don't close the door even if my husband is home.

Did you know that 4 large dogs can fit into a pretty small bathroom if they try?

What are four large dogs doing in the bathroom in with you?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I usually leave the door open, unless guests are here!
...and I am so fast when I do, no one could see me if they tried!

I leave it open when I bathe too, might pull the shower curtain half way though!

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
What an odd thread.....

There are very rarely any females in our home and nudity is always optional anyway.
The only time the bathroom door is ever closed is for a poop, but as far as peeing or taking a shower the door is always open.

The girl next door doesn't even close it when she's visiting if it's just a pee.

I have one neighbor that has saloon doors on her bathroom that can't be locked and anyone could look over or under if they chose. She lives with her aging mother, her young son, and has a brother staying with her while he looks for work.
Privacy certainly isn't an issue in her home.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
I have a feeling that there will be a disproportionate amount of "Door Opened" posts on this thread just because the "Door Closed" are uptight and will most likely take shock to the question being asked as is the case above.

Yes, let's do that.

I NEVER close the door. Dunno why. My roommate finally approached me about it and said she'd appreciate it if I would close the door at least when she was here. I asked why she was so turned off by it and why it took so long for her to say anything.

She said it was a personal phobia of hers and it took a lot of nerve just to bring it up. She said she didn't want to be in a hurry one day and accidentally walk in and view me snoopage.

She is "Homophobic". Quite a bit I'm afraid. The odd thing is I never knew that about her and I am VERY affectionate and huggy, especially with the same sex.

So I now have to close the door and I lock it as well. Just for her.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Depends on the place/time.

Home alone : Maybe, usually depends on how paranoid I'm feeling. See, unlike most of the people here that close the door out of habit, I've had uh.. situations that stemmed from that. Like drunk roommates barging in on unlocked doors with immediate intent to spew. Most of the time I close and lock if I'm anywhere but home. At home, if nobody's home, I keep the door open for #1 AND #2. Always close/lock for shower, as there's been some weird stories from more drunk accidents.

Yeah, it's terrible.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

I take it you do not reside in China.
And although I replied earlier, had I read your post, which I agree with, prior to replying, I wouldn't have, unless the door was open and a little alien being came crawling out over the brim of the bowl.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I guess I'm sorta halfway person. Assuming that I'm by myself in the apartment then to pee no door need be closed in the bathroom. Poo on the other hand I'll have the door shut. If there is a lock then there's an excellent chance that I'll have it locked as well. But only for number 2 not number 1. I think part of it may be due to the amount of time spent doing this. Doing a number 1 is fast and it feels like there isn't a real reason for locking or shutting the door. Number 2 takes longer and the feeling have a chance to sink in.

When company is over then the door is shut regardless of which. Locking the door? Not sure if I would or not. If there are females present then yes but if it's a guy then no problem. Shutting the door is sufficient then.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
When Im not peeing outdoors, I never close the bathroom door because there is only a curtain in the doorway...
Our family is very very comfortable with each other, natural for sure and it rare that I ever get privacy in the bathroom at all.
Some of the best conversations have happened while I was pooping or peeing... True, and I am lucky to have normal kids that see my boob the same as my elbow.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Loki
reply to post by Acidtastic

Nope. Actually I rarely even close it all the way when people are home.

Same here... I do lock it when i am taking a bath though, but my daughter knows where the "pokey" thing is, so she comes barging in anyway...

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
i have to ask...

how come nobody's said anything about this thread being weird, but everybody always JUST HAS to say something about how weird it is that i like nice feet?

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
--THIS THREAD IS SUPPORTED BY THEN UNION OF WACK POSTERS ---

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join