It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

oregon vortex

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Anyone ever hear about the Oregon Vortex? If not, I suggest reading up on it

This is one of my favorite subjects when it comes to odd happenings.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
For anyone interested here is a link to check out this Oregon Vortex, as I noticed that AP didnt say much about it or post a link. AP we usally try to give a bit of info about a subject and maybe post a link or two on it, you'll get a much better response to your posts. Btw it is a strange thing, at least from looking at the photos.

www.robbecher.www4.50megs.com...

Sorry about that one Junglejake

[Edited on 24-3-2004 by tracer]

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Now that is some weird and wild stuff. I don't really understand why there aren't scientists and media there constantly trying to figure out what's going on. Has anyone actually been there and experienced this stuff.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
If interested in vortexes look for flanagens version of the unified field.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   

what does this pic prove ? I can't see anything, other than they changed sides ?

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

what does this pic prove ? I can't see anything, other than they changed sides ?

People on the right stand taller.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
yeah, because the board or whatever they're standing on is slanted to the left ? at least that's the way that I see it.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
You could be on to something there elevate, it sure does look as though the board is whats making them appear taller. Will check out a few more sites and see what they have to offer.

Here is a link that has 3 pages of photos that a family took while visiting this area, to many to post, for anyone wanting to check it out.

community.webshots.com...

[Edited on 24-3-2004 by tracer]

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I was gonna post the actual link to the site, but it shut down. They had some photos, and videos. Videos of a ball rolling up a board. The board started at the guys waist, and ended at his head, and when he put the ball at the base of the board, it rolled all the way up to his head where he stopped it.

This place was featured on TLC about 2 years ago.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
yeah, because the board or whatever they're standing on is slanted to the left ? at least that's the way that I see it.

yeah, that's what i think too. also, the person who appears taller seems to be standing more upright, while the person who appears shorter seems to be slouching more.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   
You guys aren't 'looking' at the photos. It's not that the person on the right got taller, it's that the person on the right ot bigger.

Look at the shoe sizes, look at the head sizes how fatter/wider they got.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Definately a weird place. I can't believe I've never heard of it until now. I think I'll have to visit before someone decides to close it off.

This is one of those places animals wont go into.

Main site

One man who apparently knew the secret of the Oregon Vortex -- John Litster -- studied its effects first-hand for more than forty years. He even corresponded with Einstein on the subject. What he uncovered no one will ever know, for he burned all his notes before his death.

This is too cool not to investigate. Some kind of error in what we perceive as reality.

[Edited on 29-3-2004 by outsider]

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
community.webshots.com...

The pictures of the building are similiar to a place just past the Mackinaw Bridge in Michigan. Went there, not too sure if I believe what I witnessed or not

Edit: Or is this it? *lol* if so, then chances are, it's illusions.

[Edited on 29-3-2004 by pyxsul]

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Looking at the house I can see why I didn't go there. Having been to the Oregon coast many times I try to avoid the tourist trap type stuff where you can spend $30-50 for your car load to find out that the everything you saw in the advertising is all there was. Kinda of like some Hollywood movies where the previews are better than the show - you know what I mean.

The Oregon Vortex at first looks like one of those roadside ripoffs that take your money fast, which is probably why I didn't let my x talk me in to stopping there.

Now that I've looked it up it appears to be one of the better optical illusion places to visit. Whether they created the illusion by building a crooked house or whether this place reveals the errors in our daily illusion I'll have to take a road trip and decide for myself.

I will go by the end of this summer & if it's nothing more than a crooked house I will report it as such.

[Edited on 29-3-2004 by outsider]

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
i heard a few weeks back that the vortex is for sale. do not know if it is true.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
If anyone can make it out that way, could you do something for me (and ATS)? Take a camera WITH A TRIPOD! and snap some photos...

Take 2 sticks (cheapass broomsticks from a store would be the best, and preferrably the same exact length) and have someone stand in the middle with a stick on each side instead of a person. Probably be best to put some ducktape or paint on one of the sticks to mark it, and switch them... then try a slightly shorter stick with one of the longer sticks... this would be the best pictures for reference, since it's a bit harder for a stick to "slouch" in a pic... maybe we can kill Coloniel's skepticism, lol

Oh yeah... there was a thread on the Oregon Vortex being for sale. I'd search, but I'm kinda buzzed and need some grub in a bad way.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
It's 3 hours north of me I just might have to go?

join