It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LHC first full beam a success.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Yep, the first beam has been fired and completed the full circuit.

You can read about it here! =]

news.bbc.co.uk...

For all the doom sayers. - Hahahahahaha -

Sorry just wanted to do that.

Ciao.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 04:31 AM
link   
You are right now that LHC theory is solved they will find something else next to debate on and you wont believe this the doomsday predictions are on all tv channels as the main headlines.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
but have thet not just sent the beam the one way
do they not have to have the beams smashing against each other ?
as far as i can gather watching bbc news that they have not started to have the beams going in the diff directions yet
or maybe i am wrong not well up in this stuff

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
You are right.Nothing but hype all of it.They aren't colliding the particles until next month.These are just preparation tests and alignment.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Something happened!

Another false understanding of doomsday was set up and failed. Now all the idiots will say people have been saying "doomsday" will happen, and name this event, when those of us that have true understanding of the 2012 phenomenon will have to cringe at another idiotic triumph.

Why is it always the idiots that sell BS doomsday just so other idiots can claim the failure of the forcase when those of us that truly know what it is we're talking about never make false forcases?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Ah, well all that money, time and hype and no black hole???? Man I am really disappointed here. No wormhole, no black hole, no collision, no higgs boson.
I got up early this morning to check out this live webcast thing, and all I got was a black screen. These so-called experts can't even get streaming video to work. bummer.

Well in all seriousness, I hope this thing yields some good science in the future.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Here's another one for the doomsayers

www.hasthelargehadroncolliderdestroyedtheworldyet.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I wouldn't get so smug and high and mighty just yet. It was a one way trip as said by previous poster to do final cal's. I am not trying to promote chicken little, this was just a test.

top topics

join