It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO`s During the AGES....<=>

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   
In this thread I will show you fellow ATS members how UFo`s desighs has changed during the time.....Please feel free to add anything you like!

First we have to go back in time!Way Back..

12,000 BC China: The Dropa, the name given to visitors from Sirius, came down from the clouds with their air gliders.
332 BC Phoenicia, Tyre: During the siege of the trade capital of Phoenicia by the Greeks a fleet of flying shields is described as plunged from the sky and crashed upon the city walls.
85 BC:In the consulship of Lucius Valerius and Caius Marius a burning shield scattering sparks ran across the sky.

329 BC:Alexander decided to invade India and was attempting to cross the river Indus to engage the Indian army when "gleaming silver shields" swooped down and made several passes over the battle.

These "gleaming silver shields" had the effect of startling his cavalry horses, causing them to stampede. They also had a similar effect on the enemies' horses and elephants so it was difficult to ascertain whose side these "gleaming silver shields" were on. Nevertheless, after exiting the battle victoriously Alexander decided to not proceed any further into India.

Then there where the famous chariots of fire:
a sighting of a burning wheel in the year 900 over Japan.
In France there was a coin minted in 1680 that shows a hovering disc shaped UFO with what appears to be port holes or lights around the outer rim. Due to the fact that a coin was minted depicting this UFO.

This is a French jeton minted in 1680, a coin-like educational tool that was commonly used to help people count money, or sometimes used as a money substitute for playing games. It is about the size of a U.S. quarter-dollar and similar to thousands of other jetons with different religious and educational designs that were produced and used in Europe during the 16th and 17th centuries. It appears to commemorate a UFO sighting of a wheel like object. Some researchers feel it represents the Biblical Ezekiel's wheel. The Latin inscription 'OPPORTUNUS ADEST' translates as 'It is here at an opportune time".
www.alien-ufo-pictures.com...

This picture shows a UFO sighting over Hamburg, Germany 4 November 1697. The objects were described as "two glowing wheels".

1465 - Cigar shaped UFO - flaming girder seen in the sky during the reign of Enrico IV From Notabilia Temporum by Angelo de Tummulillis.

A wood cut found in Nurnberg Germany in 1561 depicts alarge dark missile with a many others like it in the sky. Also depicted are globes, cylindrical space ships, and the sun.

1870-Mt. Washington, New Hampshire. This photo is dubbed, "the oldest UFO photograph ever taken." This item was the subject of bidding at Ebay in 2002, when finally the photo was purchased for $385.00 by Samuel M. Sherman, who was the president of Independent-International Pictures Corp. This was originally a "stereo" photograph. Certainly it was difficult to manipulate photos at that time, and remember, there were no flying objects then; at least, not from this world.
www.ufocasebook.com...

Then there was the first report that made international headlines and triggered hundreds of similar accounts of “flying saucers” locally and across the nation, the 1947 Kenneth Arnold UFO Sighting !
They called it the flying wing desighn!

On June 24, 1947, he was returning home from a business trip when he made a detour into the Yakima, Washington area to help in an aerial search for a missing C-46 marine transport plane that was believed to have gone down in the area.

At around 3:00 in the afternoon, he was flying at about 9,000 feet, near Mount Rainier, when a flash of light caught his eye. He turned and saw a procession of nine very strange objects flying from north to south in front of his plane. They were flat and rather heel-shaped, very shiny, and they moved erratically, like a "saucer would if you skipped it across water." You can see Arnold's drawing of what he saw here. Arnold estimated their size at about two-thirds that of a DC-4, and he calculated their speed at over 1500 mph by timing their travel between two mountain peaks of known distance.

UFO landed in Milan was claimed to be triangular from some sources:

Rouen, France, 1957. Flying to intercept a mysterious radar reflection, an unknown French Air Force pilot photographed this craft in March 1957 over Rouen with his gun-sight camera. The UFO paced the plane for several minutes before speeding off past the maximum velocity of the French airplane. This UFO appears to be of the same type that appeared in McMinnville, Oregon over the farm of Mr. Paul Trent. It was first published in the Royal Air Force Flying Review in July,1957 and also in Flying Saucer Review in July, 1957.

Then basically the age of flying saucers started with the round shape Ufo`s!

Who knows there might even be the crafts that we cant see!

References:
www.ufocasebook.com...
www.ufodigest.com...
ww.youtube.com...
www.realufos.net...
www.ufodigest.com

ATS thread by Infaredman:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add something if you can! my space has runout!
Hope you guys enjoy this thread!
Regards GUNS

[edit on 9/10/2008 by GUNSINWAR]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Nice Thread Guns!

Certainly food for though. It appears 'they' (whoever they are) have been here ever since we had the capacity to record history. I can only wonder why they are here and if their mission (if there is one beyond mere curiosity) has changed over time.

I haven't seen that coin before. Awesome! There just seems to be too many ancient relics pointing to the suggestion that we aren't alone in the universe. If there was just one such relic it would be easy to claim it as a misinterpretation - but there are far too many from different times and cultures to dismiss them as simply being symbolic of something prosaic.

Though I've posted these images in a recent thread, I thought I'd also post them here as they are relevant to your mention of the Dropa.

An Image Of The Very Alienesque Dropa People From China

An Image Of The Dropa Stones or Tablets. Note How The Tablet Depicts Not Only An Alien Figure But Also A Classic Elliptical Saucer/UFO.

Stared & Flagged my man!

IRM

[edit on 10/9/08 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Wow! That is some awesome images of the Dropa stone! Never seen something like that!

Exellent find IRM

You can see the space ship and the e,t being!

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   

On one of the disk it is translated:

According to Nui, one of the lines of the hieroglyphs read,

The Dropas came down from the clouds in their aircraft. The men, women and children of the neighboring peoples (Ham) hid in the caves ten times before sunrise. When at last they understood the sign language of the Dropas, they realized that the newcomers had peaceful intentions...".

Chinese archaeologists estimate that the discs are about 12,000 years old, but have made no headway at all in trying to explain their purpose or how they came to be in the caves.
The Russians, who have examined some of the discs in a Moscow laboratory, claim to have made two important discoveries. One is that the discs contain certain traces of metal; particularly cobalt. Secondly, when placed on a special turntable they hummed in an unusual rhythm like an electrical charge was passing through them.

www.ufocasebook.com...

Really interesting stuff!

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Yes they have been seen in all human histoy it seems.

Here a few examples:

The above picture depicts Jesus and Mary on what appear to be lenticular clouds. The painting is entitled "The Miracle of the Snow" and was painted by Masolino Da Panicale (1383-1440) and hangs at the church of Santa Maria Maggiore, Florence, Italy.

Source

Or the "space astronauts."

These photos depict figures found in Equador. Notice they appear to be wearing space suits. You can see a comparison photo with an Apollo astronaut.

Source

These are just a few examples that are absolutely fascinating.

The original Website

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by GUNSINWAR

That's interesting about the stones having cobalt in them. I remember reading somewhere that there was an alien race that called themselves "the cobalts". I wonder if there is a relationship there?

IRM

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Hi,

Great thread, S+F, Very nicely done research. This is the first time I have ever seen that coin, how interesting! I would love to get my hands on something like that.

Just for interest sake, I will ad sme other pictures of ancient ufo's.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0bf33490eaaa.jpg[/atsimg]

In this stunning Painting called "The Annunciation" from 1486 by the hands of Carlo Crivelli you see an amazing image of a UFO beaming down light towards a building and through a window. A stream from God or an message from some where beyond the heavens.

The following have copyright so I will post the link-xfacts.com...
The pictures depict ufo's at the birth of christ, and at the crucifiction, also ufo's in eastern religion. It's worth taking a look at.

[edit on 06/10/2009 by jinx880101]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

The "grey alien from Egypt" picture you posted has been misinterpreted for years, and continues to be. I once thought it was legit too. It actually is a misinterpreted picture of a lotus flower:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bb06ec4cc134.gif[/atsimg]
Courtesy:www.catchpenny.org...

The picture was simply a low quality crop. Now there are other things in Egypt that are interesting in my opinion, and could point to other worldly origins, but this is not one of them I am sorry to say.

Reply to GUNSINWAR

Good thread, it is always interesting to look at some of the ancient alien theories and evidence. Here is a great thread by Skyfloating:

Ancient Extraterrestrials

[edit on 9/9/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   

I have never seen that picture of the "Dropa People", can you provide a link for that.

[edit on 9/9/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
1. fairly certain the dropa tablet is a confirmed hoax.

2. the Egyptian "grey" is really a depiction of a plant.

you guys should edit out those two from this thread so that everything is genuine.

other ones appear to be legit.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
The 329BC case is amazing!

Not one I've heard about before. Of course you need to look at interpretations of natural phenomena at the time, but what could really be described as 'flying shields'?

Alexander the Great was not the first to see them nor was he the
first to find them troublesome. He tells of two strange craft
that dived repeatedly at his army until the war elephants, the
men, and the horses all panicked and refused to cross the river
where the incident occurred. What did the things look like? His
historian describes them as great shining silvery shields,
spitting fire around the rims... things that came from the skies
and returned to the skies."

Link Here

Spitting fire from the rims?
Sounds like when space capsules reenter the atmosphere..

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
The Lolladoff Plate : This plate was first shown in a book from the 1970s entitled 'Sungods in Exile' by Karyl Robin-Evans. The book was actually written by a chap named David Agamon whose real name was Gamon who admitted to magazine Fortean Times that this was his hoax. (www.hiddenmysteries.org...)

UFOs in ancient art : www.sprezzatura.it...
Many many ancient art explained here, including : The Annunciation :

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by agnain

Interesting how the depiction in that picture matches the descriptions of objects with sparks and fire around their rims...

Hmmm... Good info there in the link too dude!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I remember reading about the 1947 Kenneth Arnold UFO Sighting a long time ago. It's funny looking back on his estimate of the "Alien" crafts speed of 1500 Mph since we now have manned atmospheric aircraft that can go almost twice that speed: en.wikipedia.org...

And it looks like in the near future we will be able to go to speeds four times as much: en.wikipedia.org...

Some cool pictures posted here though. That Egyptian Lotus had me intrigued for a second.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Hi jkrog,

Thanks for the correction, It is much appreciated.You know what they say..."you learn something new everyday", right?
In any case, please have a look at the link I posted, you might find it interesting.

To JPhish,
Done, thanks.

[edit on 06/10/2009 by jinx880101]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Feudal Japan

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2f15e9adb7be.gif[/atsimg]

or India

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/edb8a6415a51.jpg[/atsimg]

Just adding these to the compilation.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Its amazing to know that UFOS have always been around...watching.The big question is...why?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by AgentX09

A bigger why for me is this:

Assuming these are technologies from other worlds, some of which may actually have had sentient beings within them, why is it that they were so prevalent and forthcoming, almost as if they wanted to be fully acknowledged, whereas now, it's nowhere near the case.

Could the answer lie in the fact that technology wasn't as advanced, and now we pose a much bigger threat to any visitors?

top topics

join