It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Big NASA-Military Cover-up On Gravity And Atmosphere On The Moon!

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Ingo on the Moon (Excerpt from "PENETRATION")

(Excerpt from, "PENETRATION: The Question of Extraterrestrial and Human Telepathy," Ingo Swann, 1998)

(Mods: if this excerpt is too large, please feel free to remove!)

10 yrs. before the publication of "Penetration," Ingo (the 'Father of Remote Viewing') had achieved a 65% accuracy rating with his RV'ing efforts. I do not know what the highest % level he achieved, was.

Some background on Ingo Swann:
www.rviewer.com...

Review of "Penetration:"
shark.dls.net...

In the book, he also first-hand witnesses (in company with two 'black ops' agents) a triangle drone ufo, which materializes(!) and scoops up water from a lake. The drone was presumed (by the agents) to be from the Moon.

[edit on 14-12-2008 by SS,Naga]

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by angel of lightangelo
reply to post by ziggystar60

I wish people had flags in their avatars that said what their first language was so I would not waste my time.
That would not be enough, although I have "Portugal" written as my location, most people do not even look at it.

Also, someone who does not have English as his/hers first language may understand what you are saying and be understood better than someone that has English as his/hers first language, from what I have seen, most people that write incomprehensible English are from English speaking countries, but that is a different story.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I do not disagree with you one bit there, I was just trying to make the point that it seemed that two people who are both communicating in the same language seem to be having so much trouble getting a point across to each other.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

Two panoramic views taken from different locations.

117:47:43 Jack's 4 O'clock EVA-1 LM Pan ( 465k )

Jack took this pan from a position northeast of the LM. Gene is powering up the Rover and is out of sight on the far side of the LM. The frames are AS17-147- 22492 to 22521

120:48:56 ALSEP pan. LSG, Jack's shadow, (West) Family Mountain, LSPE antenna. Frames 22569 to about 22588 are a pan Jack took at the ALSEP site.

www.hq.nasa.gov...

The photos in the first panorama were taken from very near the LM. The photos in the second panorama were taken three hours later at the site of the ALSEP, 185 meters away from the LM (WNW). The LM does appear in both panoramas, one "in your face", and the other in the middle distance.

Here is the overhead view of the site ralphaeschliman.com...

Here is a list of the features in the panoramas.
Bear Mountain
East Massif
Family Mountain
Lincoln Scarp
North Massif
Sculptured Hills
South Massif

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
Since we have the size of the moon and can take a rough estimate of its composition, shouldn't we be able to callculate the actual surface gravity of the moon?

No because a better understanding of gravity has lead to less understanding of gravity. Calculating by simply calculating a spheres surface area does not work. Knowing the actual mass of the moon is impossible with any technology we have today.

You hit the nail on the head, LA! We pretend to know a lot about gravity, but we've hardly scratched the surface of what gravity is all about! And themarix mentioned that gravity can be calculated knowing the 'size' and composition is not quite correct. There’s mass and density to contend with as also the effects of the gravity of the Sun and Earth! And we’re not sure about the composition of the Moon anyway! (Though it’s certainly not made of cheese!
)

And then there are areas with MASCONS on the Moon which have greater gravity than the surrounding areas as I have brought out in one of the posts above. Now the question is, if these areas have greater gravity, would it be possible that some atmosphere is retained here and is thicker as compared to the atmosphere in other areas? Like a gravitational bubble with atmosphere? (These gravitational anomalies have been proved anyway due to the orbital variance of Lunar satellites.

Cheers!

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Apollo 17 carried out the Traverse Gravimeter Experiment. Twenty six readings were taken. The readings show the Moon's gravity is about 1/6th of Earth's. If you're interested you can read about it in Chapter 13 here. It's heavy going but table 13-IV shows that the results confirm 1/6th Earth gravity (actually, a bit less).

The total variation (positive to negative) of the gravity anomalies amount to .5% of the average of Lunar gravity. Not enough to create significant local changes in the density of the lunar atmosphere.

[edit on 12/15/2008 by Phage]

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
The mass of the moon is Mass: 7.3477×1022 KG or 0.0123 Earth's mass. I assume plugged into Newton's law of gravity we could see at least a 1/6 gravity decrease if not more.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   

You can obtain Gravity Maps of the earth.

The most common are;

1. Bouguer Anomalies
2. Isostatic Anomalies (a measurement in mgal) -15 to -160 in our area.
3. Isostatic Vertical Gradient Anomalies (a measurement in Eotvos Units) +30 to - 40 in our area.

Are there any such maps of the Moon????

The gravitational field also varies, all over the place on Earth, and is certainly not a constant, across the earth.

Look if Gravity was understood, we would Not be using Planes and aerodynamics, would we to provide transport?

Our craft would operate using Gravity related Systems wouldn't they, that is if we understood what Gravity is and its True Nature,

Instead of using thermal converters such as rocket engines, we would use Gravity related Systems wouldn't we?

The fact we don't use Gravity related Systems for Space travel, is the Proof we Don't understand Gravity at all.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yoda411
The mass of the moon is Mass: 7.3477×1022 KG or 0.0123 Earth's mass. I assume plugged into Newton's law of gravity we could see at least a 1/6 gravity decrease if not more.

Do you know what the word "mass" means? Please show me how you would have access to the mass of the moon.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Apollo 17 carried out the Traverse Gravimeter Experiment. Twenty six readings were taken.

Wow, 26 eh. Thank god the moon is such a tiny little ball of uniform clay so that 26 readings from something designed on earth could completely educate us about the gravity of the moon. Those 26 are not even consistent. Any serious study would require a far larger array of samples in order to ge a clear picture of something as big around as the moon is.

Then again, I cannot get myself to be shocked that NASA would claim to do tests that prove they were correct about their previous guesses. I am going to go publish some studies now proving how I was right when I made stuff up because I am the one doing the tests anyway, I am sure it will be fine.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by angel of lightangelo

That was on site measurement.
You want more data? Ok, how about the Lunar Prospector.
pds-geosciences.wustl.edu...

Here's an example of what others (outside of NASA) have done with the data.
www.nao.ac.jp...

The Japanese are doing their own mapping in more detail than the Lunar Prospector provided but so far no significant new anomalies.

I'm sure your study will be eagerly awaited. When can we expect your datasets?

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Do you know what the word "mass" means? Please show me how you would have access to the mass of the moon.

Search it in Google. You PM'd me regarding this matter as well. Not only is it available as information on the internet, but it is also available in Google's database.

Search "The Mass of the Moon" and Google will provide you with the answer without the need to search websites and question their credibility. If you do not think Google is credible this is your own problem, and topic for an entirely different thread.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Here are a couple of examples of Gravity Anomaly maps of a very small area on earth.

Are such maps available of any locations on the moon????

As you can see mass is only one component of Gravity.

The subject of Gravity is very complex but the general public is lead to believe it is defined and very simple, which of course it isn't!

Two examples;

1/. Based on the Isostatic Vertical Gradient....

2/. Basted on the Isostatic...

Both these readings were taken at 500 meters above sea level...

So this shows the variation across a very small area of the Earth.

This is totally unpredictable on the moon as I have also stated that Mass is only One component of Gravity.

There is The Theoretical, and The Actual!

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Matrix Traveller

Are such maps available of any locations on the moon????

Yes, and they have been posted several times.
Here's another
science.nasa.gov...

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thank you one again, for the information, I appreciate your efforts.

Well if these maps are authentic, then there should not be a problem, regarding the Nature of the Moons Gravitational field ???

Again I will keep an open mind and see what pans out in the end....

Keep up the good debate....

Lets see what the other side says, about this knowledge???

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

That was on site measurement.
You want more data? Ok, how about the Lunar Prospector.
pds-geosciences.wustl.edu...

Did you really just take my reply about how I do not trust NASA to check NASA's work? Want to show me more stuff they said to back themselves up?

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Ah yes, the last refuge. "The dog ate my homework." Or in this case "The dog did my homework".

I guess you missed by point about independent review. Different researchers have been using the data. They don't seem to have noticed anything fishy about it. In fact they find the anomalies quite interesting. Japan has done some very detailed work with it.
adsabs.harvard.edu...

The ESA made use of the Lunar Prospector to obtain their own data. They also found that the gravity of the moon is as is should be.
www.weblab.dlr.de...

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Right, like I said, NASA supplied its own backup and other people are finding it interesting to look at NASA's info on how NASA was right about what NASA said they would be right about. OK!

I don't know what homework you are getting on about but I never offered to do any? What, you want me to use NASA's data to disprove NASA?

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Search it in Google. You PM'd me regarding this matter as well. Not only is it available as information on the internet, but it is also available in Google's database.

Search "The Mass of the Moon" and Google will provide you with the answer without the need to search websites and question their credibility. If you do not think Google is credible this is your own problem, and topic for an entirely different thread.

Google? Why would I rely on google. I can google trolls and find places to hunt them.

Do you know what mass is?

Explain to us what mass is and then go on to explain how google got to measure the moon's mass. I cannot wait!

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join