It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ankou

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

So there's this demon, he's called Ankou and he's the original version of the grim reaper. He wears a wide black hat, a long black coat. His face from the nose up is usually invisible from what I've read about him. This is for reference, I learned he had a name and that other people had seen him a couple months ago.

Story time!
I haven't ever seen him personally, and I'm not saying I'm worried. This is mainly to see if anyone else out there has had any similar experiences.

My mom always complained about nightmares. ALWAYS. I asked her what they were about and she told me that from the time she was little she had nightmares about a "tall man with a long black coat in a black hat coming for her in the night." I always thought it was wierd, but didn't put a lot of creedence into it.
When I was around 16 I had a girlfriend who had panic attacks a lot. One night we were out at the local lake, uh "talking", anyway at one point she goes dead still and silent and rigid. I was like uh what? She said that we just had to go, had to. So we left. On the highway back to her house she told me what she saw; what she always saw during her panic attacks. It was a man in a long black coat with a big black hat with a mean grimace but you couldn't see the rest of his face. She also mentioned that she had seen dead looking people around my truck at the lake along with this guy. I instantly made the connection between my moms dreams and her attacks. It was strange but I thought it was probably just a strange coincidence with two people having the same image of pure fear. I kinda forgot about it for a few years (I'm 20 now). A couple months ago I was just dabbling around on the internet with a friend and we stumbled upon a website which was essentially a fairie dictionary. I was running through it looking for the legend of the fairy cloth from scottland and I read Ankou's definition. It hit me hard. Not scared or anything but I was just stunned to find that many many cultures had the same type of guy running around.

The puritian's black man of the woods, the Irish Ankou, native americans, among others all share very similar stories.

Anyone had any similar experiences, does anyone give any creedence to this at all? I realize I don't have any evidence besides my word so I understand taking all of this with a grain of salt; I would, and do, do the same.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
well, apparently (i can find out tonight for definite) my aunt, when she was a wee lass, apparently saw black figures (cloaked), sort of like grim reapers.

Now, I've only been ever told the one story, and it was apparently the last time it ever happened to her. Basically, my mum, her, and my uncle were on this bus travelling to school. She said that she saw this black cloaked figure flew up to this house, and stood there on the front porch, stamping and stamping and banging so hard on the door. Almost like a beckoning to whomever it was who was about to pass.

No one else could see or hear this, but this is the supposed story. She's currently over from Spain and staying with us so I'll find out tonight! Hope that's of any use though??

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
One day about 3 years ago, SWIM and SWIM´s friends bought some xtc from a trusted source. All for of them used it together at a friend´s home.

Soon it became clear that the xtc was not what it was supposed to be and all started to hallucinate dark images - TOGETHER.

They collectively saw a blackbird fly through the living room, to the point that all 4 ducked to avoid being struck by the bird.

Later after SWIM visited the lavatory, he told the rest about a cloaked figure standing in the corner of the hallway near the lavatory door, wearing a wide brimmed hat.

The other 3 sighed a collective sigh of relief, as they had ALL seen the figure too.

I´m not sure if this is related, but the OP reminded me of this story.

EDIT: After this experience SWIM sent a pill to be lab-tested, and it turned out the pills contained a small amount of MDMA (normal for xtc) and additionally:
ATROPINE.

[edit on 10-9-2008 by Psychopump]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Well the thing about this guy is he's not cloaked, and he's not confused to have a cloak. He has a long black coat, sort of like what we call a trench coat or a duster. He's also supposed to tote around a rickety old cart, something akin to the plague I would imagine, I've never heard of this except from websites though.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
odd. hm, i don't think i can help on that front! but definitely worth a read, think i'll be getting me some more info, am rather intrigued now, thanks

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Awesome, yeah it's a good read. There's not much I can do about it either way and I'm not scared of it or anything, it's very intriguing though.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

Well when I was little around 12 yrs. old sleep in my bed (In a little country town in Alabama) I woke up suddenly with my room dark no light, no t.v on, all I could see was the V.C.R light blinking I sat up in bed and saw a dark outline of a figure standing in the far corner of my bedroom it did not have a hat on but it was holding something in his hand like a sceptor it was so dark not dark as in a black person but the darkest black that you can imagine to where I could see the outline of its body, its eyes staring at me I knew in my heart it was not human I wanted to scream but couldn't I tried to jump off the bed but couldn't so I put the cover over my head (which is weird since my legs could not move but my arms could which let me know it was controlling me) while I was under the cover I could hear what sounded like a clock ticking although all the clocks in the house were digital. Everyone tells me you were having a nightmare or it was sleep paralysis but I know differ. after I put my head under the covers I never went back to sleep I was wide awake until daylight. I'm 30 yrs. old now and I remember it like it was yesterday furthermore I dont have nightmares In all of my 30 yrs I've never had a bad dream none that I remember anyway.

new topics

top topics

join