It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Polygraph exams and "telekinesis"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
First, a question. This is not something I've ever even thought to mention to anyone, but it's based on observations I've made throughout my life that I think are relevant here.

How many of you have ever tried to make something move with your mind? I'm talking even when you were 8 years old and just got home from watching The Empire Strikes Back. You don't have to admit it, but I want you to think about it. For those of you who put even 5 seconds of effort of trying it, think about this. Even though it didn't work, can you recall the sensation of actually putting as much will as you possibly could into "force pulling" something toward you? Consciously centering on the thought - that if you truly believe that it's not only possible but that YOU HAVE THE POWER to do it? The strange sensation that accompanies your attempts at centering and focusing as much as you can on 'feeling' it, and imagining it slowly floating toward you?

I'll stop right here... Can anyone else here identify with the above, in the slightest?

My first job as a clock-punching member of the matrix was at 15, at a store that sold factory "seconds" rejected items at discount prices. I was given a polygraph exam before I was hired, and was made to repeat the whole process 4 times. The guy who administered the test told me it was because of the question about whether I had ever used illegal drugs. I can tell you, that because of my strict religious upbringing, I hadn't even developed a curiosity about drugs, and can truthfully say that I had consumed less than 72 ounces of alcoholic beverages in my lifetime, TOTAL, at that point.

I pretty much explained that to the guy, and said, "well, I don't know what else to tell you."

I digress from the topic. 1000 pardons. (The polygraph machine resurfaces soon)

They hired me anyway. After working there for about 6 months, I had made friends with the 'undercover' security people there. The guy who had tested me was gone, and the guy who replaced him was a fun guy who was bored enough to do anything I could suggest during the shifts we worked together.

What I found during one of these shifts was quite interesting, though I'm sure it's nothing 'paranormal'. I had him hook up the machine the way he would if he was 'interviewing' a prospective hire.

I relaxed.

I tried to make the needles move.

They did.

That's the best way to describe it. I concentrated on relaxing, then I did THE SAME THING I USED TO DO as a kid, consciously "willing" the machine to pick up the 'impulse' I'm sending out.

I am sitting perfectly still, yet I can make the needles move. The act of doing this is kind of a strange sensation, though quite a non-sensation. I really don't know if anyone here will know what I'm talking about.

Did anyone here see the 1997 movie Deceiver? Tim Roth plays an epileptic who can do this. He totally controls the polygraph needles in one scene.

I'm not sure exactly what I'm getting at with this, but I just thought of it for some reason. The attempts at "using the force" failed, but the polygraph needles registered something.

Any thoughts?

Debunkers: I would love to test this! Under any circumstances conducive to scientific data collecting. I would really like to see if I could make the needles move the way I think I did back in 1986.

I'd just like to 'play' with a polygraph machine. The idea that 'force of will' seems measurable is fascinating to me. I bet I could come up with some interesting results.

[edit - punctuation]

[edit on 9/10/2008 by Teratoma]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Teratoma
How many of you have ever tried to make something move with your mind?

Me! Hello Teratoma and thank you for this wonderful thread. I absolutely have tried telekinesis. I have never been able to actually move anything, however I do feel the "sensation" that you are speaking about. I wonder if it is possible. I can say that I have had some very weird and unusual things happen to me or around me ever since my OOBE, but nothing like telekinesis.

Perhaps we should experiment?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I don't know a lot about polygraph tests except that they measure your heart rate, breathing, and perspiration. Still, I think there could be a way to normally influence it just by deep relaxation/concentration. Your brain waves change significantly when you are relaxing or concentrating vs a normal "awake" state, is it possible the test can pick up on this? I know just clenching your muscles will raise your blood pressure enough to effect the charts.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
ohhh, me me me! i'm one who tried after watching Carrie. Absolutely love that movie (i feel so bad for her).

Anyways, back to topic at hand. I thought i managed to move a pencil - but after an hour and a half of staring at the damn thing it hurt my head so I guess it was just in my imagination!

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Thanks for the responses, everyone. Yarcofin, I always assumed that I was doing something that affected my nervous system, and that it was measured by the polygraph. What's interesting though is that I would describe this feeling as being similar to a flexing of muscles. Though it's more like flexing one's 'nerves'. You couldn't tell if I was doing anything just by observing, it takes no movement.

It's the same 'feeling' I get when I've attempted to levitate. No, my fat ass stays right where it is, but I can bring about these little 'rushes' of something... Almost like I feel 'lighter' for a second.

Still, it is interesting that this 'action' does create a physical change in your body, that the polygraph can detect. I still have all my appendages, so maybe I'm all wet here, but I imagine it might be similar to the "phantom limb" phenomena. Perhaps telekinesis and levitation are long lost abilities, and that's why you feel 'something' when you attempt. Of course this idea is a pretty common one.

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Teratoma, are you speaking of where you essentially let your entire body go limp and even stop breathing and you get the incredible sensation that you HAVE to move a muscle?

I was always fascinated by this my entire life, ever since I was a kid because I always wondered why I felt that sensation. Of course I'm sure the rational explanation is "wtf I need oxygen", but still, I can hold my breath and go limp, but when I especially do it in my legs is when my entire body wants to do a giant twitch.

Yeah I don't now if that 2nd paragraph makes ANY sense at all, it does to me.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Hey, I have never been able to make things move purposely, But when ever I enter a deep state in meditation, I'm able to make a wooden table and chairs up stairs above my room move or creek randomly, usually when I'm peeking in my meditation. Not too sure what is making it move, but I do have a suggestion, that I may be projecting some form of energy that is effect the energy within those table or chairs. Possibly some kind of cosmic energy. At first I thought it's just random house creeking at night, but then It was confirm that I was doing it for sure because this usually always happens when I meditate at night.

[edit on 14-9-2008 by Awarenessiskey]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Interesting topic. My post is a bit off topic, but trying to beat a polygraph by "calming down" is nearly impossible. You want to beat one, make the needles spike on the "neutral questions" so there is no baseline to judge off of. It is a lot easier to make a needle jump when they ask "is your name ___" than it is to make the needles stay calm when they ask "have you ever _____" or "were you involved with ___".

And not to be negative, but making polygraph needles move (or not move) does not seem even slightly related to telekenisis (unless of course you can make them move while NOT hooked up to the machine).

[edit on 14-9-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Teratoma

i dont think that moveing the needle on a polygraph test is telekenisis, thought maybe be. i say it isnt because the polygraph machine is a machine (computer if you will) and there have been test that you brain can influence machine (computers).

there was this document i saw, the computer would pick a random number the guy would "make it" pick the number he was thinking. to his suprise it would happen though not enough to go wild about. but thinking on that out of millions of number more then one time he thought of the number before the computer picked it.

iv tried this out on traffic lights after i saw that when rely in a hurry and focuseing on the light tunring green it would actualy happen.

so it could be telekinisis or what i said or it could be that the brain can never calm and the needles will move no matter.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
In response to the last two posts, let me re-clarify. I am not suggesting that I was using telekinesis to make the needles move. What I am trying to point out was that the same kind of focusing in my attempts at 'making things move' caused a change in my body that the needles read.

I am not sure what this even implies, if anything.

And as far as misreading the results goes, during our "test" the needles registered a normal amount of activity in my 'relaxed' state. When I made them move, they MOVED. Not just a little. It was blatantly obvious when I was or wasn't affecting them.

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I've been diagnosed with Panic Syndrome a couple years ago and ever since I've been studying lots of takes on how the mind affects the body.
Two doctors I've been to (a psychiatrist and a neurologist) have pointed me some researches that go as far as affirming the brain can barely distinguish something you imagined from something that happened, resulting in the same physical reactions.
That said, I'd guess two theories on why the polygraph needles moved. First it that indeed teleknesis is a possibility and your body "is ready" to perform it if that's the case, so when your brain thought it was happening it sent the signals for it which the plygraph picked up.
The other is the same thing but with telekinisis being impossible and your body simply interpreting what your brain presumed to be the right signals for what it was thinking.

I hope that wasn't so confusing as to be gibberish...

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
it is intereasting teratoma though. i think that it may be you mind influenceing the machine.

Offtopic

(why is there post that should be here but isnt.. i mean if you clicked reply you would see an extra post. if you didnt you wouldnt see anything nor even a page2. i dont know if this will change after i post something.)

posted on Sep, 14 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
"Willing" something is hard to describe isnt it? Sometimes its a pulse through the neck or solar plexus. Sometimes I grit my teeth together when doing it. Sometimes its an inner insisting that something MUST be.

It works on polygraph machines...with enough willpower you can lie without it showing. It works in card games, board games, computer games and sports.

Full telekinesis oddly seems to work better when its a coincidence or playful. Ive tried to deliberately move objects with my mind but it doesnt work when Im trying it on purpose. It only works when Im detached from the result.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Full telekinesis oddly seems to work better when its a coincidence or playful. Ive tried to deliberately move objects with my mind but it doesnt work when Im trying it on purpose. It only works when Im detached from the result.

Sorry for neglecting this thread, I've been kind of... scattered lately.

I will relate something here that I wasn't going to before, but now I will.

Let's go back to 1983, right after Return of the Jedi came out. I was 12.

I was cleaning my closet which had rather thick shag carpeting in it. At this point I ate, lived and breathed STAR WARS - even more so than I do now.

I was sorting stuff and had grabbed a tennis ball when the notion to "try using the force" manifested itself.

I set it on the floor and moved my hand back about 10 inches and did the "force-pull" gesture (you know, reaching towards an object and trying to will it towards you, like Luke's lightsaber.)

It moved toward me, at least an inch and a half from where I had set it.

I freaked out and put it away and didn't try anything like that again for at least 6 years.

The whole act, from setting the ball down until it moved took only a few seconds; I didn't really have time to 'concentrate' on it at all.

NOW: I immediately debunked this. Anyone familiar with shag carpeting knows how little 'dents' can form in it if something heavy enough sits on it for long enough. This carpet was rather messed up from having my toybox and skateboard and whatnot sitting on it - and I'm sure it could've used a good vacuuming. SO... I came to the conclusion that I had set the ball on a patch of carpeting where the ball rolled for an inch or two as it settled into a little 'groove'. Key bit of info here: it didn't really sit still for long, if at all; it was like I set it down and made the 'force' gesture in one sweeping motion, and it immediately rolled towards me.

It did scare me though, and I've often wondered if I didn't just make that explanation up out of being in 'denial'. It wasn't the first time I'd tried 'the force', but it was the only time anything like that had ever happened. Part of me will always wonder if my rather terrified reaction didn't 'scare' the 'talent' out of me. Along with the bejesuses!

I'm fond of saying around here that I like to keep a firm 'toe-hold' on occham's razor, but I don't think it's the only law in the universe.

I don't want any of this thread to sound like I'm making any kind of 'claims', thus my inclusion of all my thoughts on this subject.

a brief summary of my 'belief system': I consider myself a 'believer', and as such, I believe it's my duty to be just as much of a 'debunker'. I refuse to let my personal disappointment that something turned out to be bogus cloud my perception of something I'm seeking the truth about.

posted on Sep, 22 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
You know if you call around, you can probably get someone to give you a "polygraph" pretty cheap, especially since it's not as important to "get it right", like a job interview, etc., would be.

They are probably in the phone book.

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

Well, I'm your typical "starving artist". Finding time to try to finagle a means of doing it for free is more likely than having enough extra cash to justify spending it on something like that.

That's not to say it'll never happen, but I'd also want to catch the whole thing on video and run a long regiment of tests. I'd have to be able to make it an all-day project.

new topics

top topics

join