It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CERN starts up in Less Than 45 minutes!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Lmao, thats a good point. We'd die doing something as pointless as posting on forums, when we could be out getting hammered, skydiving, pooping in our neighbors mailboxes... things of the such.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
[edit on 10-9-2008 by anti us gov]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
14 minutes to possibly one of the greatest scientific breakthoughs ever

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Hey were all still here. Sweet but CERN is still testing the beams. They will be testing for less than 8 hours. Maybe it will happen, maybe it wont. Better luck next time.......

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Everthings went fine so far... they now want to send the beam through the biggest detector: ATLAS...

[edit on 10-9-2008 by Terrapop]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZyPHeR
Lmao, thats a good point. We'd die doing something as pointless as posting on forums, when we could be out getting hammered, skydiving, pooping in our neighbors mailboxes... things of the such.

In all fairness I am also getting hammered while I post.

Personally I am saving all my 'end of the world' party supplies for 2012.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   
This is exiting stuff sorry for the one liner

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   
well they got all the way around and we are still here

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Lmao, me too... I really dont buy into this whole end of the world via blackhole theory. I do believe in the 2012 paradigm shift and that whole fun thing.
So hey, maybe we can party 2gether for 2012 and we can poop in each others neighbors mailboxes!!

-Z-

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
have we had an actual collision yet?

Can't get a bead on what is actually happening, as am at work and I can get video feed, but can't get audio.

All the scientists seem calm enough, so it appears there are no black holes forming so far.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Well we are good for now certainly it's when they start colliding things I'll get worried. The trouble with the whole thing is if a black hole did escape they wouldn't even see it I don't think chances are we wouldn't know about it for quite a lengthy time period.

I'll admit to being a bit tense though even though I knew there was no collisions today.

Watched the feed for a good while there there was a point they all seemed kind of worried about something although no-ones running about screaming so I think we are ok until the collisions anyway.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Hey Geneva on Web Cam!

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Keep us updated teknikal, from what I hear its pretty boring to watch but keep posting whats goin on if anything changes. Thankz bruh!
-Z-

P.S. In the whole spirit of fun, please stop by my EOTW CERN thread and post!!

www.belowtopsecret.com...'

[edit on 9/10/2008 by ZyPHeR]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
first beam was only 20km per hour, second will be 20km per second

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
It's unbelievable how much soup can be cooked on this event, and how much drama, spin and idiotic doomsday theories there can be created just for the purpose of selling news and getting entertained -.-

It's not like this haven't been done before, it's just bigger this time... who the blip cares? Seriously... the only thing that will happen from this is that science hopefully will progress.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by flice
It's unbelievable how much soup can be cooked on this event, and how much drama, spin and idiotic doomsday theories there can be created just for the purpose of selling news and getting entertained -.-

It's not like this haven't been done before, it's just bigger this time... who the blip cares? Seriously... the only thing that will happen from this is that science hopefully will progress.

well im intrested in any scientific brerakthrough no matter how big or small if you dont like it dont post keep your blip remarks to yourself

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by flice

I'm willing to bet at those temperatures and the intensity of collisions you could cook a whole lot of Soup!

maybe if this thing turns out to be useless we can make it the worlds large crock pot and load it up with potatos and carrots and chicken and spices and water?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ZyPHeR

I can tell you right now if any one did that to my mail box they would never take another breath of air

Has any one ever thought that this Cern might not be what they say it is? maybe a black ops thing that they could not hide Just a ?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by altered_states

ehm... I was more or less replying to the fact that the most soup in this case is cooked up on ramblings about the end of the world and "oh this big bad machine is going to kill us aaaalll!"

I'm looking forward to the tech advances that this will bring. It just annoys me that people are more focused on the end of the world instead of that...

Don't be so touchy

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Don't think anything interesting is going to happen honestly and it is pretty boring but if anyone wants the stream link I was watching it is .

mms://qstream-live.qbrick.com/00862live80910

I was viewing through VLC player but I presume it would work on any decent video player.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join