It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When will we be able to speak out?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I'm sure many of you are aware of the conspiracy related to how too many children have been prescribed ADHD medication even when they have no problems. I was one of these children in the 90s that was given ritalin and impiprimene (sp) and the medication has had adverse side effects on me. I was misdiagnosed with ADHD as many other children were. It took me a really long time to develop feelings for other people. My development patterns as a child weren't normal because of this medication. I grew somewhat of a drug reliance and when I got off the medication I experienced withdrawal. I really want to know when I and people like myself will be able to speak out. I don't need a scientist speaking for me and telling other people how bad it is. I want to do it myself.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I have nothing important to add here, but I wanted to try to prop your thread. This is am important and scary issue. It is not the place of educator to "diagnose" these problems/

Good luck on your topic

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I believe it is too much of an important issue to ignore. Too many people have been diagnosed with this problem when they didn't even have it themselves because a teacher in their school told their parents they were inattentive in class. So just because you don't like a class you have a mental disorder? I think something needs to be done about it. There needs to be congressional hearings about it. I would love to see a 9-11 inspired investigation by ADHD truthers against the medical companies to prove a conspiracy that they were trying to medicate us and gain profit off of it by having doctors overprescribe drugs.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I hesitate to agree to this being a conspiracy. Ive seen too many of these diagnoses being fueled by parents not by doctors or pharmas.

Just parents who can't believe their little darling is hyper, so they want to medicate so they can pretend they dont have a kid anymore in my opinion. Ive known some who bounced from doctor to doctor until they got the diagnosis they want. ESPECIALLY when the school calls-it cant just be bad behavior, its got to be a medial problem-they arnt spoiled. they have a 'medical condition' etc..

Here in Utah at least so many people are on prozac and ritalin it's horrific.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Sorry if this is off-topic, but there is another such scandal taking place in Europe right now, and it affects ALL girls aged 13 and under:

Check this out, it´s unbelievable

[edit on 10-9-2008 by Psychopump]

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I believe that the only conspiracy is societies perception of what is hyper and what is not. When it comes to child rearing here in the US a lot of parents look for the easy way out. It is easier to medicate than have to deal with your kids. I remember my childhood and the kids around me. We where just considered rambunctious at times by our elders. A swift switching or time in the corner would fix this immediately. It was never out of hand or excessive in any way. All I know is it worked every time immediately. I can also say that I am a better man because of it.

[edit on 15-9-2008 by sqid4life]

new topics

top topics

join