It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"RACE CARD IN SPADES "McCain Campaign Fumes Over NY GOV. Paterson's Racism Claim

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   

McCain Campaign Fumes Over Paterson's Racism Claim

wcbstv.com

McCain Campaign Fumes Over Paterson's Racism Claim
N.Y. Governor Says Palin's Repeated Use Of 'Community Organizer' Is Another Way Of Saying 'Black'

ALBANY (CBS) ― On Monday, Gov. David Paterson angered some state lawmakers by comparing them to vampires, calling them a bunch of "blood suckers." On Tuesday, he raised eyebrows again, and tempers, by accusing the John McCain campaign of veiled racism.

Paterson sees the repeated use of the words "community organizer" as Republican code for "black"
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit - Headline: Please use the original story headline from your source.

[edit on 9/9/2008 by JacKatMtn]

[edit on 123030p://amvam by yenko13]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Wow this is bad news for Obama . This is the race card that was bound to show its face and here it is folks , I saw the convention speech and it was tame on race this is blatant racism, There is no way that is what it meant or was it?

wcbstv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I watched the video.

The Governor's assertion is ridiculous and will further hurt Obama.

Things are looking real desperate.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
How did he come to make the connection between "community organizer" and "black" ????
maybe he is the one that thinks that way. this is the first that I have heard of it.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
You know, that's about the stupidest thing I've heard this year, what that Governor said about "Community organizer" and "black". The only thing even more stupid I've heard was in a Dallas city council meeting when one councilman used the scientific term "black hole" (yes, the same as a collapsed star) when describing the city's budget and one of the other council members, a black man, demanded an apology saying that the use of the word "black" in "black hole" was racist.

It'll be interesting to see if Obama hangs on to this governor's endorsement or not.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
"How did he come to make the connection between "community
organizer" and "black"

I dont know its a black thing I guess , I missed that day at school,

But this is more good news for McCain/Palin

[edit on 113030p://pmvpm by yenko13]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Your 100% right , I didn't think this was a race code name at all but if it was , I am sorry I missed it when I heard the speech , I look for things like that . I sure didn't think race I thought it was a Jab at he did nothing with responsibility

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
You have got to be kidding me! So repeated use of Community Organizer is being racist?

Community Organizer's come in all shapes and colors maybe someone should tell that to the Governor of NY

Before Obama was in the state senate in IL. he was a Community Organizer How can this moron of a governor possibly take that as racism?

After all Governor Palin was only firing back at Obama for his belittling of her executive experience.

This sticks of desparation By the Dems

new topics

top topics

join