It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Public Allies = Obama Bootcamp

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Heard of Public Allies? Are you young? Then with an Obama presidency get ready for bootcamp and indoctinization.

www.ibdeditorials.com...

We have a national guard, why does Obama want to create a civilian paramillitary security force as well funded and equiped as the millitary?

Is it perhaps that the main past time of these Public Allies is to protest when not soaking up taxpayer money for "community organizing". That's right, we pay them to organize the very protests that will bully their agendas into public policy all the while being protected by a brownshirt police force that we the taxpayers foot the bill for.

Seig Heil Obama Youth, Seig Heil.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
No offense, but this is a pretty ridiculous assertion.

Couldn't you have made a valid point without embellishing it to the extreme? It might have been far more persuasive that way.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
No offense, but this is a pretty ridiculous assertion.

Couldn't you have made a valid point without embellishing it to the extreme? It might have been far more persuasive that way.

Ask questions, dig, use google.
This is one of the only plans Obama alludes to in his speaches. He says you'll get pay for education. You'll have to do mandatory public service. Those are the most watered down narrow explanations of what is out there from his past, my embelishment is the opposite so that people will look for themselves and decide. The liberal media is hiding this, and has been hiding it for a long time. If anything deserved primetime investigative reporting, this does. After all, it concerns what americans would be doing with their lives under this Obama plan, and it would be mandatory service. Who is going to make sure americans show up for their mandatory service? Who is going to police this? Could it be this new civillian security force that will be so highly funded and equipped?

[edit on 9-9-2008 by SectionEight]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
The worst part is this.

WHO IS GOING TO PAY IF THE YOUTH ALL WORK FOR THE GOVERNMENT???

Obama's unfittness to lead is show in just that concept. If ALL work for the government how do you fund the program??? The guy is completely removed from reality if he does not understand the basics of:

NO PRODUCTION OF PHYSICAL GOODS = NO REAL MONEY = NO SOCIAL PROGRAMS

It is in keeping with:
"We can't drive our SUVs and eat as much as we want and keep our homes on 72 degrees at all times ... and then just expect that other countries are going to say OK." OBAMA

Public Allies brags that more than 80% of graduates have continued working in nonprofit or government jobs. It's training the "next generation of nonprofit leaders" — future "social entrepreneurs."

The Obamas discourage work in the private sector. "Don't go into corporate America," Michelle has exhorted youth. "Work for the community. Be social workers." Shun the "money culture," Barack added. "Individual salvation depends on collective salvation."

"social entrepreneurs." produce no goods! so is this an oxymoron?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SectionEight

It is amazing that people will take a distorted smear job and distort it further without any critical thinking or objective research.

Public Allies is not a radical organization. In fact, the Bush administration tripled its funding, named them a model of faith-based and community initiatives, and hired them to help other nonprofits improve their services (they teach people how to fish rather than give them fish). Also, John McCain has championed and called for more than tripling AmeriCorps programs like Public Allies if he is elected.

The organization does not sponsor, endorse or participate in partisan or protest activities whatsoever and its service is conducted in partnership with groups like American Red Cross, Boys and Girls Clubs, faith-based organizations, and even charter and choice schools.

The organization's leadership curriculum is fairly similar to the types of leadership curricula that FORTUNE 500 companies use. Public Allies' effective management and business savvy led Fast Company Magazine to give them a "Social Capitalist Award."

It is a shame that people will make up "facts" and distort information to attack a good organization because the Obamas have supported it.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SectionEight

" *Senator Clinton hosted a White House reception for Public Allies in April, 1993, and has been a champion of Public Allies and national service. Senator McCain has also been a great champion of national service and has introduced legislation to expand AmeriCorps by more than 200%." Source

So it looks like Obama, Clinton AND McCain all pretty much feel the same way about this kind of national service. Why focus solely on Obama? Oh that's right, you're on a mission. I forgot.

It's really important to be objective, you know? It's really important to take your blinders off. You're not a pony in a parade, you should take your blinders off.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I think you have made several valid points SE. I doubt very many tax payers are aware that they're funding an organization such as this. I fail to see why our country needs a civilian national security force, when we have a National guard. If their goal is community service, why do they need funding on par with our entire miltary? The phrase that troubles me most though is this one:

"We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded" as the military, he said.

When he says just as powerful, and just as strong, what exactly is he speaking to? Does he want to arm and train them like soldiers? That seems a bit out there for community organizers to me..

Another question I think is valid, is how does he intend to pay for this new security force? Does this means more taxation?

[edit on 10-9-2008 by LLoyd45]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
It is amazing that people will take a distorted smear job and distort it further without any critical thinking or objective research.

Public Allies is not a radical organization. In fact, the Bush administration tripled its funding, named them a model of faith-based and community initiatives, and hired them to help other nonprofits improve their services (they teach people how to fish rather than give them fish). Also, John McCain has championed and called for more than tripling AmeriCorps programs like Public Allies if he is elected.

The organization does not sponsor, endorse or participate in partisan or protest activities whatsoever and its service is conducted in partnership with groups like American Red Cross, Boys and Girls Clubs, faith-based organizations, and even charter and choice schools.

The organization’s leadership curriculum is fairly similar to the types of leadership curricula that FORTUNE 500 companies use. Public Allies’ effective management and business savvy led Fast Company Magazine to give them a “Social Capitalist Award.”

It is a shame that people will make up “facts” and distort information to attack a good organization because the Obamas have supported it.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The organization’s leadership curriculum is fairly similar to the types of leadership curricula that FORTUNE 500 companies use. Public Allies’ effective management and business savvy led Fast Company Magazine to give them a “Social Capitalist Award.”
It is a shame that people will make up “facts” and distort information to attack a good organization because the Obamas have supported it

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

You brought up a good point about what exactly he means when he says just as powerful, just as strong, but there is no reason for these people to have weapons of any kind, you know? A community organizer and a soldier can be strong, but have different strengths.

I Obama has a lot of good ideas but he loses people when he tries to explain them. He generally takes a more philosophical approach, a more rhetorical approach to things and I think that ultimately does him a disservice because his point is lost in the translation.

In a perfect world i'd like to see community action groups with as much funding as the military. They obviously wouldn't be spending their budget the same was as the military does, but they could be just as strong as the military in a parallel sort of way.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by The Cyfre

You are totally discounting one important prhase "civillian national security force".
All security forces are trained to use force. To use force you need weapons. Your wishfull thinking discounts the entirety of what he said, you are only translating the "powerfull" and "equipped" words.
Couple all this with mandatory service and you have the Hitler youth program all over again. That is not an exageration.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SectionEight
You are totally discounting one important prhase "civillian national security force".

I wasn't discounting the phrase, I was completely ignoring it because of the grossly inaccurate context in which you are attempting to spin it.

All security forces are trained to use force. To use force you need weapons.

A force can be described as an exertion of strength or control. It can also be defined as any body of persons combined for joint action, which is the CORRECT context.

Obama's plan includes:

Expand AmeriCorps from 75k to 250k slots.
Establish a Classroom Corps to help teachers and students, with a priority placed on undeserved schools
A Health Corps to improve public health outreach
A Clean Energy Corps to conduct weatherization and renewable energy projects
A Veterans Corps to assist veterans at hospitals, nursing homes and homeless shelters
A Homeland Security Corps to help communities plan, prepare for and respond to emergencies
Double Peace Corps to 16k by 2011
America's Voice Initiative to send Americans who are fluent speakers of local languages to expand our public diplomacy.

So which of these groups of volunteers are going to be given firearms again?

Your wishfull thinking discounts the entirety of what he said, you are only translating the "powerfull" and "equipped" words.

I think our miscommunication here is that you're spinning those words and not doing the required research in order to understand what Obama is actually talking about. But that's okay. You anti's are cute like that.

Couple all this with mandatory service and you have the Hitler youth program all over again. That is not an exageration.

Maybe i'm wrong here, but all of this is voluntary. There is nothing mandatory about it. But you are right, it is not an exaggeration. It is a complete lie that you're spreading, once again.

I'd suggest that you actually take a look at Obama's issues. They're right there for your viewing pleasure on his website. Then, when you're finished, maybe you can come back and actually touch on some legitimate concerns rather than this fear-mongering.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by The Cyfre

Wow now that is some spin.

You needed to absolutely deny the civillian security force in order to create your spinned up version. Well, that is not what is on the public record.

Also Bob Barr knows Obama said mandatory service. Your spin conveniently denies this also.
Source,
rongstad.blogspot.com...
You can read Obama's quote there on mandatory service and Bob Barrs response to it.

The topic of the thread is the hidden corp, the Public Allies organization that Obama is to afraid too put front and center, even though he helped found it and his wife heads it. It is too controversial so he only mentions the peace corp. The leftwing media is in on his dirty little secret by covering it up also.

[edit on 10-9-2008 by SectionEight]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
This is another reason why you should think twice before believing what you read as "news". This article is absurd and completely WRONG.

I was also a Public Ally, after graduating college, before going back to school for a Masters Degree in Public Administration. I now work in City government using GIS mapping technology to make better decisions for the spending of our taxpayer money (a tool of the PRIVATE SECTOR, no less). The AmeriCorps educational grant gave me the opportunity to obtain my Masters and excel in my career.

Please don't believe CRAP like this. Where would our country be without devoted public servants filling your potholes, running your trains, housing children without families, and providing medical services to the elderly? If caring about your community and devoting a year of your life to community service is wrong, I guess Public Allies is guilty.

Nikki C.
Public Allies Alumni

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I am a Public Allies alumni and can not believe the ignorance being perpetuated by this article in desperate attempts to smear Obama.

While I was a Public Ally, I interned at a local non-profit organization in Chicago that worked with 7-12 graders who were struggling in school. We used hands-on science and paleontology to get them interested and then worked with them to get back on track in school and prepare for college. Other public allies worked to help get students out of gangs, to beautify our parks, to assist homeless people in getting back into the labor force, etc, etc. I could go on and on. The main mission of Public Allies is helping young people become leaders in their communities so they may help improve them. Service to others.
Next time, do some research please.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   

You're not a pony in a parade, you should take your blinders off.

(My Carriage horse wear blinders not my ponies, they wear saddles) I am not willing to vote for either McCain or Obama, since I do not like the policies of either. No PLEASE give me someone to vote FOR.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   

You needed to absolutely deny the civillian security force in order to create your spinned up version. Well, that is not what is on the public record.

I actually went into pretty good detail about the civilian security force. My "spinned up" version is taken directly from the horse's mouth. I provided a link incase you ever feel like checking it out.

Also Bob Barr knows Obama said mandatory service. Your spin conveniently denies this also. You can read Obama's quote there on mandatory service and Bob Barrs response to it.

Again, if you actually go to Obama's website you'll see that you're right. 100 hours is MANDATORY for college student. Of course, you failed to mention that it's only mandatory for those college students who want to receive a tax credit worth 4k. SE, i love it when you leave stuff out. You're like my wife's cousin. I should start calling you breadcrumbs because that's all you give us!

The topic of the thread is the hidden corp, the Public Allies organization that Obama is to afraid too put front and center, even though he helped found it and his wife heads it. It is too controversial so he only mentions the peace corp. The leftwing media is in on his dirty little secret by covering it up also.

Okay, lemme get this straight. Obama is too afraid to say he's going to force people to volunteer for protesting, and he's going to give them guns and brown shirts. BUT i shouldn't bother trying to actually find any evidence of this because Obama and the left wing media are in on the conspiracy and are thus covering it up?

Please. Back to the drawing board with you.

[edit on 10-9-2008 by SectionEight]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   

'd suggest that you actually take a look at Obama's issues. They're right there for your viewing pleasure on his website. Then, when you're finished, maybe you can come back and actually touch on some legitimate concerns rather than this fear-mongering.

Okay here is my legitimate concern complete with documentation. And the reason I will not vote Obama.

Global Poverty Tax www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

THAT is a legitimate concern and one that has a great deal of legitimate evidence to back it up. These are the kinds of issues we should be talking about. I have been saying for months now that there is no need to make stuff up about Obama because there are plenty of reasons to question his goals.

I don't want to get off topic so i'll patiently await the next response of the OP. Thanks!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join